Extra Magic Hour Insanity

Pioneer Hall

Here is an interesting idea and most of you will probably think I am crazy...but I want your opinions.

Now that EMH allow you to get in to the parks after closing, there is one that I want to see and one that I will only have one oppurtunity. That is AK, because I am yet to see it at night and now have the chance.

Here is where the problem comes in...

We are spending the first four night of our trip off property because they are free through a timeshare offer. We check in to the Polynesian on the 17th. The EMH for AK is on the 16th.

Here is my idea...

A partial hookup campsite costs very little. Do you think it would be an awful thing if I booked it for the one night just for the room key and the EMH benefit? I really want to take advatange of the pictures and the ability to see AK up until 9pm.

Your opinions as always are greatly appreciated.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
For this month...?

Good luck getting that ressie. Plus you gotta check-in and i think they'd figure out they'd been duped at that point since it's a campground and ressies require knowing what sort of equipment you'll be bringing.

Any other month? You can get the ressie but EMH dates are tenative. They change, i'd laugh when you lost your deposit over it.

In short - Disney Karma is fierce, don't screw with the mouse.

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Oh, just adding that's not meant to be a harsh post, though i'm not sure how to better phrase it.

I just don't think it's worth the trouble and possible side-effects.

Upvote 0

Miss Bell

If you pay for the hook up, then you've paid for your right to go EMH, right? Go for it. AK is really cool at night--it does have a different feel.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Original Poster
mousermerf said:
For this month...?

Good luck getting that ressie. Plus you gotta check-in and i think they'd figure out they'd been duped at that point since it's a campground and ressies require knowing what sort of equipment you'll be bringing.

Any other month? You can get the ressie but EMH dates are tenative. They change, i'd laugh when you lost your deposit over it.

In short - Disney Karma is fierce, don't screw with the mouse.

I can get the ressie...I already called to ask if it was available. I would make my plan very clear as well when I got there. It would be the same as me getting a room somewhere and not using it more or less. I'm sure Disney wouldn't mind as long as they get there money.

Upvote 0

dxwwf3

AK at night for the first time (Along with Soarin') was the highlight of this trip.

Do what ever it takes to get to stay there. You could even get in the park before it is closed and just stay in there and not ride any rides. Kali and Whirl are really the only rides worth riding at night and still just walking around the park at night is the best thing.

Upvote 0

Woody13

dxwwf3 said:
Do what ever it takes to get to stay there.
Yes, you're right. However, what about that poor family that has saved every penny, nickel and dime for the past 3 years just so they can afford to stay in the campground at WDW? I can just see it now. They pull up to the registration office and ask for a campsite and they're told, "Sorry, we're full". The patriarch of the family replies, "But I saw a vacant campsite, can't we have that one?". The CM tells them, "Sorry, but we're all booked up. You'll have to leave now".

The family leaves WDW and finds a deserted spot on a back road just off of Rt. 192. They can't afford a motel room so they settle in for the night in their car. The outside temperature is hot and humid, so they leave the engine running with the air conditioning on. Gosh, I hope they'll be alright.

Upvote 0

mrtoad

Despite Woody's sad, sad story I see nothing wrong with it. You are paying for a room (campsite) who cares if you stay there. I am sure there are other people who have booked a room for a week and then mid-week spent a night somewhere else for whatever reason. I think it is fine...

Upvote 0

Woody13

It's always been my experience that normal camping etiquette requires campers who reserve sites to also occupy them. However, I guess that as long as Disney gets their money, no real harm is done. Heck, $38.00 (plus tax) is a cheap price to pay!

DisneyInsider said:
I really want to take advatange of the pictures and the ability to see AK up until 9pm.

You don't need a wristband unless you ride the attractions. So, if you just desire "...to take advatange of the pictures and the ability to see AK up until 9pm.", then Disney will let you do just that without being a resort guest.

Upvote 0

Airw117

Woody13 said:
Yes, you're right. However, what about that poor family that has saved every penny, nickel and dime for the past 3 years just so they can afford to stay in the campground at WDW? I can just see it now. They pull up to the registration office and ask for a campsite and they're told, "Sorry, we're full". The patriarch of the family replies, "But I saw a vacant campsite, can't we have that one?". The CM tells them, "Sorry, but we're all booked up. You'll have to leave now".

The family leaves WDW and finds a deserted spot on a back road just off of Rt. 192. They can't afford a motel room so they settle in for the night in their car. The outside temperature is hot and humid, so they leave the engine running with the air conditioning on. Gosh, I hope they'll be alright.

The only fault in this situation is that of the "poor family" who didn't call ahead and make their reservation. Maybe they couldn't afford the phone bill this month :animwink:. I do agree that it isn't really fair, but neither are many things.

If you are worried about having a guilty conscience, then you might not want to do this. Otherwise, go ahead, you'll just enjoy your trip that much more.

Upvote 0

Hurricane

mousermerf said:
There has to be some rule against this - otherwise Cast Members who pay nothing for admission can do EMH by just buying a campsite.

I'd think that showing the CM checking wristbands a CM Id would be enough to let them participate. Professional courtesy maybe?

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Incase you were wondering:

CMs are also forbidden to enter parks during hard ticket events (this includes wandering around after their shift is over) unless they buy a ticket, and could not goto E-ride nights without staying at a resort and paying for the e-ride ticket.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

DisneyInsider said:
Here is an interesting idea and most of you will probably think I am crazy...but I want your opinions.

Now that EMH allow you to get in to the parks after closing, there is one that I want to see and one that I will only have one oppurtunity. That is AK, because I am yet to see it at night and now have the chance.

Here is where the problem comes in...

We are spending the first four night of our trip off property because they are free through a timeshare offer. We check in to the Polynesian on the 17th. The EMH for AK is on the 16th.

Here is my idea...

A partial hookup campsite costs very little. Do you think it would be an awful thing if I booked it for the one night just for the room key and the EMH benefit? I really want to take advatange of the pictures and the ability to see AK up until 9pm.

Would you be awful? Of Course not. If you can get a spot by all means check it out! EMH at the AK is top on my list of things to do next month. Have fun! :wave:

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

AK at night is phenomenal, and all I did was ride Dinosaur twice and just walk around and explore. I've fortunatly been there when the park was open late during Holiday travel and also during EMHs.

Of course you could do it, and I'd reccommend it.

Last year we had to buy an extra nights stay in the room just to secure our AP discount. Our check in CM thought we were nuts, but then realized the adavantages of all the money we saved.

Have a great trip regardless!!

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

DisneyInsider said:
Here is my idea...

Good idea! I say go for it. If nothing else, get a tent site and grab a $20 tent from Walmart and set it up. I'd probably hang out at the tent instead of the timeshare. :lol:

Woody... nice story, but I would hope someone saving for that long would have made a ressie. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

Hey DISNEYINSIDER! :wave:

Don't bother going through all that hassle and cost!

Just go to Animal Kingdom that day and stay as long as you want!

The only thing the wristband gets you is on the attrcations, but you can stay as long as you like in the shops and other areas that are open if you "really want to take advatange of the pictures and the ability to see AK up until 9pm."

HAVE FUN!

:)

Upvote 0
Hey, it may not be the most ethical thing to do, but......

Call and make a ressie. Get the confirmation (I think they can email them) and then cancel the ressie. Goto the park and say to the wristband CM that you just arrived and haven't checked in yet to get a key and show them the confirmation. It may work, it may not.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom