Recipe???

OMG....that strip steak at the Yachtsman is my favorite! I haven't had anything else there since they first start serving it.

Thank you! :sohappy: Thank you! :sohappy: Thank you!!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

tigsmom

From today's Orlando Sentinal...

Epcot's Orange Chicken at Lotus Blossom Café

Yield: 4 servings.

8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken , cut into thick strips

Marinade:

Dash of white pepper powder

Salt to taste

Sugar to taste

1 teaspoon water

1 teaspoon cooking wine

1/2 teaspoon Sesame oil

Batter:

3/4 cup all-purpose flour

1/4 cup cornstarch

1 heaping tablespoon baking powder

1/2 egg, beaten

2 tbs oil

2/3 cup water

Pinch of salt

Orange Sauce:

1/4 cup ketchup

1/5 cup sugar (about 3 ¼ tbs)

1/5 cup white vinegar

1 tbs light soy sauce

Peel from ¼ of a small orange, chopped

½ tbs chili paste

½ tbs chicken base

1 tbs cornstarch

pinch of salt

1 tbs cooking oil

1. For sauce, mix all ingredients except oil and orange peel. Heat oil in frying pan. Stir-fry chopped orange peel until fragrant. Pour orange-sauce mixture into frying pan and heat sauce over medium high heat. Stir until mixture bubbles. Set aside and keep warm.

2. For chicken, mix dry ingredients. Add oil. Stir in water. Put mixture aside 30 minutes. Heat cooking oil to 320 F. Dredge chicken in batter mixture, coating well. Using tongs, lower chicken pieces into hot oil. Fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.

3. Mix chicken pieces into warm orange sauce. Place on serving dish and serve immediately with steamed or fried rice.

Recipe note: Garnish with orange slice and chopped green onions.

WDWScottieBoy

I KNEW there was a recipe thread somewhere!

Is there anyway we could get the fat contents, calories, etc for theses as well? (Without having to email Disney or ask at the place themselves...like is there a place online that shows that?)

tigsmom

WDWScottieBoy said:
I KNEW there was a recipe thread somewhere!

Is there anyway we could get the fat contents, calories, etc for theses as well? (Without having to email Disney or ask at the place themselves...like is there a place online that shows that?)

I've seen very few listed. I know there are programs out there that will figure them out for you. Let me hit google.... brb

Scott, try this out. I haven't done it because I already have a program that does it for me. Its a download...

Click Here

tigsmom

WDWScottieBoy said:
Excellent, thanks for sharing that. Now I can cook everything on here (or rather see if it's something I should cook).

Most should be ok with a little adjusting of ingredients, something you'll pick up quickly.

If you have any requests for recipes or have one of your favorites feel free to post. I have a master list of all recipes posted. If you want a copy PM me your email (the list is too long to send thru PM) :wave:

tigsmom

Just bumping this up as a few new members are having trouble finding it.

:wave: Hi guys! Welcome!
Make a request, add a recipe or just ask a question!

WDWScottieBoy

Mad, I want some of the recipes you've done that are low-sugar or low-fat. I want to be able to enjoy my Disney food and not make it taste bad for tweaking it.

Also, how about the cheese pizza from Pop Century...any ideas on how to make that law-cal and/or fat-free. :lol:

SewIn2Disney

Interesting......

I am signed up for various email newsletters. I get the Disney Insider newsletter as well as two Family Fun newsletters. One of my family fun newsletter (the cooking one) had an advertisment on it that stated:
"Want exclusive recipe's from Disneyland's Club 33? Sign up for the Disney Insider today!"

I get the Disney Insider, and I even went back a few issues, but I didn't see any mention of Recipe's from Club 33. Does anyone get this newsletter, and seen the recipe's? I'm very curious now. I want to see them!
I'll keep looking (maybe they will be coming in a future newsletter?)
Just letting you guys know.....and seeing if anyone else knows.....

SewIn2Disney

I saved the ad to my hard drive, I know I used to be able to go to "Manage attachments" to add the picture, but now I don't see that. Have they taken it away? I wanted to post the ad for you guys.

tigsmom

SewIn2Disney said:
Interesting......

I am signed up for various email newsletters. I get the Disney Insider newsletter as well as two Family Fun newsletters. One of my family fun newsletter (the cooking one) had an advertisment on it that stated:
"Want exclusive recipe's from Disneyland's Club 33? Sign up for the Disney Insider today!"

I posted the one recipe I found from Club 33.(from the Disney Insider)

Scott to make the pizza less calorie laden, use a thin crust, a home made sauce or one that has no sugar in it and a modest amount of low fat cheese. I always use Kraft reduced fat shredded mozzarella (it melts where no fat won't ) and some grated romano cheese.

tigsmom

Boatwright's Crab Soup , Port Orleans

INGREDIENTS:

• 2 cups heavy cream
  • 2 cups half-and-half
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup finely diced potatoes
  • 1 cup finely diced carrots
  • 1/2 pound lump crabmeat, picked over
  • 1/2 cup corn kernels, preferably fresh
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1 cup clam broth
  • 2 tablespoons finely chopped scallions
  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
  • 1 tablespoon Pernod
PREPARATION:

1. In a 4- or 5-quart Dutch oven, heat the heavy cream, half-and-half, and milk to a simmer over medium heat.
2. Add the potatoes, carrots, crabmeat, corn, salt, and pepper. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes, until the vegetables are softened.
3. Whisk the water and the cornstarch together in a small bowl. Add the cornstarch mixture and the clam broth to the cream mixture and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute, or until thickened.
4. Just before serving, stir in the scallions, dill, and Pernod.

selphj

I have a question for anyone who has made the pineapple bread from ohana, I am a little confused in step 6 when it says, "6. Cut dough into pieces with a pizza cutter and spread out cut pieces evenly in cake pan." Can anyone describe this any differently for me? Is this not a loaf? Sorry, just a little confused.

tigsmom

Butterscotch Candy, from Le Cellier Steakhouse, Epcot
Yield: 20 servings
1/4 pound butterscotch chips
1/4 pound white chocolate chips
2 fluid ounces heavy cream

Melt white chocolate & butterscotch chips in a microwave. 1 min. to start then 10 seconds at a time until smooth.
Heat cream just to boiling. Add to chocolate & chips. Mix well.
Place in a small baking dish lined with plastic wrap.
Cool and cut into cubes about .75 ounces each.

tigsmom

Sausage Gravy
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Wilderness Lodge

Yield: 4 servings
Ingredients
3/4 Cup Ground Breakfast Sausage, cooked
3 Tbsp Butter
3 Tbsp Flour
1-1/2 Cup Milk
To Taste Salt
To Taste Pepper
Method
1. Place the sausage and butter in a heavy saucepan. Melt the butter over medium heat.
2. Stir in the flour. Keep stirring for 2 minutes, this will remove the flour taste.
3. Slowly add the milk while stirring.
4. Bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute then reduce the heat.
5. Add the salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve hot.
Serving Suggestions: Serve over hot buttermilk biscuits.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom