What would YOU do to improve SGE?

Stitchfan712

Original Poster
Quite a few complaints have been posted on this board about SGE...so I figured it would be fair enough to ask, what would you have changed in SGe to make it a good attraction in your eyes?

First off, I will start by saying I completely enjoy the ride, went on it several times, and would happily do so again. I made a point of making SGE be the final thing I did at WDW before my flight home. :D

But it did have some holes in it, some things I would change, but overall I liked it. If you feel that WDI messed up, what would you have done better?

If it were up to me:

1) Change the ending. It's too short. We don't see enough of Stitch at MK, and the way they release the recruits is kind of anti-climactic. "They can't help us anymore" "Release the recruits"...okay...but...how about saying...."Be on the lookout" or something to make us feel involved. After all the Florida audience was made to be involved in the storyline by having Stitch land in florida, least they can do is give us a sense of a continuation beyond the ride.

2) Change the line about forgetting emergency power, that's kind of a stretch.

3) A little better dialog in the middle where stitch is hiding, it drags for a few minutes before the action pics up again when the cannons fire into the center of the teleportation pod.

4) Chili dog smell...gotcha...wouldn't change a thing. Keep it!

5) Extend the storyline a bit. Connect it with the movie in some way. But DO NOT make him refer to himself as "626" versus Stitch. Keep him as "Stitch". It's better for marketing and better for a broader audience that he remain stitch, which he is known better as. Keep him landing in Florida....that's not a continuity error, folks. It's called, involving the florida audience, almost a necessity. This doesn't work as well with him landing in Hawaii. Why? Still messes up the storyline...he got to Hawaii via the red one...not via teleportation. And, I betcha ten bucks, that if they changed it to him landing in Hawaii, someone would complain about the "red one" continuity error just as much as they complain about the "Florida" landing.

6. Extend the clips of him at MK. We only see him for all of 10 seconds on the astro orbiter. Have him creating other havoc! Use the shirt as an example. Show him on dumbo, on country bear jamboree, and others. Expand it, make it a little more fun.

Those are the ways that I, personally, see that SGE could be improved. Wouldn't change anything else.

Captain Hank

I think the most important thing to change about this attraction is the ending. At the very least, guest need to leave laughing. Sure, there are plot holes, but Star Tours certainly has its share, and it's considered a great attraction. However, there are still a few story issues I'd like to see fixed.

-I can live with Stitch speaking English. One of the things that Jumba says in the beginning of the movie is that Stitch “can think faster than [a] supercomputer.” Stitch has heard people speaking English at some point--even the policeman that transports the Level 1 alien into the pre-show speaks English. Stitch might just decide not to speak English until he does.

-I have a bit more trouble with Stitch calling himself "Stitch." Experiment 626 is a bit cumbersome, and might get fouled up with Stitch's manner of speaking. I say, why have Stitch refer to himself at all, besides using "I?" It's a pretty good assumption that most guests know who he is, and he's featured on the attraction's sign if they don't.

-I'd like to know where the Galactic Transport Center is, story-wise. What planet is it on? Is it on Earth? Is it even in Tomorrowland in the Magic Kingdom? If so, is it necessary for Stitch to teleport himself out, instead of breaking through a wall, perhaps? Besides the fact that we lose a really nice looking teleport effect, I think this would make more story sense than Stitch teleporting himself about 100 feet away.

-As for the end, I'd like to see some more of Stitch interacting with other attractions--Astro Orbiter just doesn't cut it. The Galactic Transport Center could dispatch a flying camera to follow Stitch around (assuming the GTC is in Tomorrowland, story-wise). This also makes story sense, as Stitch is very fast, and would be able to dart around the MK, then literally dropping into attractions.

A few Ending Ideas:

-Astro-Orbiter can stay.

-Stitch in the Haunted Mansion. He's riding along in his doombuggy, fascinated with the whole thing, then a hitchhiking ghost appears. Stitch looks over and hisses at the ghost like he does when he first enters Lilo’s house. The ghost turns to him and hisses back. Stitch jumps out of the doombuggy.

-Stitch balancing on a plume of water shot by an elephant on the Jungle Cruise

-Stitch scampers over to it’s a small world, not knowing what he’s in for. He crawls across the celing, then drops into one of the boats just as it is entering the first show room. Stitch looks around him, scared out of his mind, and proceeds to cover his ears to block that song. When this is unsuccessful, he looks around for an escape, only to find that he’s in a boat surrounded by water—Stitch can’t swim, remember? He realizes he’s trapped, his ears droop, and he looks absolutely pitiful. Gantu says something about “I’ll take it from here,” and the guests are released.

-Alternate night ending—Stitch spins off into the night on a Spectromagic ball.

Lynx04

NTI2002 said:
Scrap it all together.

Well in about ten years you will get your wish. This type of attraction is the type of attraction that changes more frequently then others. Look for new refurb some time in 2012 or so. Until then we are stuck with Stitch.

AE fans can try to look at it this way. Maybe the attraction will cause a slight reduction in other attraction lines. Trying to help you look on the bright side of things.

I haven't actually been on the ride, only seen the video, so I can't be to judgemental about it. Having been on AE numerious times though, I know what effect happen where just by listening to Stitch and peoples reaction. I can see how the darkness is too scary for the kids. I think maybe they should raise the hieght requirement like I have seen stated in another thread, or try to make it night a dark. Although, making it not as dark would make it hard to pull of some of the effects. I for one am not looking foward to smelling the chilli dog, so changing the smell would be something I would hope for, but that is just me.

DisneySoccerFan

hcwalker16 said:
-Stitch scampers over to it’s a small world, not knowing what he’s in for. He crawls across the celing, then drops into one of the boats just as it is entering the first show room. Stitch looks around him, scared out of his mind, and proceeds to cover his ears to block that song. When this is unsuccessful, he looks around for an escape, only to find that he’s in a boat surrounded by water—Stitch can’t swim, remember? He realizes he’s trapped, his ears droop, and he looks absolutely pitiful. Gantu says something about “I’ll take it from here,” and the guests are released.
Genius! I love it when Disney takes a little knock at itself, especially ISAW. One of my favorite movie scenes is in the Lion King when Zazu is "imprisioned" and Scar asks him to sing something a little more upbeat. Zazu breaks into "it's a small world" and Scar shrieks, "No, anything but that!"

Tim G

Do a massive rehab... (They still have the original stuff) Revamp it...

Turn it into ALIEN ENCOUNTER:The Revenge (AKA Alien Encounter3)

Stitchfan712

Original Poster
An infeasible one that would never happen though.

I like hcwalker's ideas.....I myself have said before that they need to lengthen the ending to show him on more attractions...use the shirt as an example. But...I think Stitch should continue calling himself Stitch...and he could still teleport himself.

Also, fix the shoulder bars so that they are not as painful. Not hard to add padding or something to them.

CoffeeJedi

hcwalker16 said:
-I'd like to know where the Galactic Transport Center is, story-wise. What planet is it on? Is it on Earth? Is it even in Tomorrowland in the Magic Kingdom? If so, is it necessary for Stitch to teleport himself out, instead of breaking through a wall, perhaps? Besides the fact that we lose a really nice looking teleport effect, I think this would make more story sense than Stitch teleporting himself about 100 feet away.
this is something that's bugged me a bit about TL. "Where" is it? walking around after the mid 90's refurb gives the impression that its an intergalactic city on some distant planet, and it worked pretty well. It had consistent theming; there were even ads for "XS Technologies" on the SM queue video, reinforcing the idea that all these attractions shared a single "universe". But then came Buzz Lightyear and Stitch. so TL is set in a universe where the Buzz Lightyear cartoon(not Toy Story) and Lilo & Stitch share a common background, but... isn't Buzz Lightyear set many years into Earth's future, where L&S takes place today?

at any rate, he can't teleport to the Magic Kingdom, the MK doesn't really exist in this themed universe, so he must be in Tommorowland... so the idea of landing in Florida instead of Hawaii doesn't matter.. he doesn't go to Florida, he just goes outside into the "city of TommorowLand"... after which we must assume that Gantu recaptures him which leads directly into the opening scene of L&S... Disney just has to reinforce this idea better

(i think i had a point in there somewhere... sorry if i lost anyone :hammer: )

TimeTrip

Stitchfan712 said:
An infeasible one that would never happen though.

I like hcwalker's ideas.....I myself have said before that they need to lengthen the ending to show him on more attractions...use the shirt as an example. But...I think Stitch should continue calling himself Stitch...and he could still teleport himself.

IMO, the last thing that show needs is more footage of stitch romping around outside the park. That part of the show just felt very "off" for some reason. Even a little boring. Do some more stuff with that they have inside the room. *shrugs*

dxwwf3

Go with Corrus' idea of Alien Encounter: The Revenge with all the original characters back (Maybe a new Clench :lol: )

And go with Grizz's idea of changing the Tiki Room to a LILO & Stitch show that would probably be more popular than SGE anyways.

Hey you asked what I would do. ;)

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Pumbas Nakasak said:
Get Universal to design a replacement :dazzle:
Universal Creative would NEVER make an attraction that is as bad as 'Stitch's Great Escape!'....

What would I do? I'd scrap it as well. :D

Alright, seriously.....I'd toss the current script. Forget that it was even created. Design a brand-new one that has no flaws -- meaning that Stitch doesn't refer to himself as Stitch and he doesn't wind up at the Magic Kingdom. Keep all of the same characters but bring in Jumba as well. A new voice for SARGE is needed (bring back Tim Curry or get someone else with a 'sinister' voice -- this guy just doesn't do the job). Improve the animatronic (get him in view more), do a little interior work, and things should be fine. It would still be the worst attraction to ever be created, but hey, it's an improvement over what we've got now. :)

dxwwf3

NemoRocks said:
Universal Creative would NEVER make an attraction that is as bad as 'Stitch's Great Escape!'....

Well bud I gotta disagree with you there. My examples would be Kongfrontation, Earthquake, and Jaws. I think all 3 of those were just as bad as SGE. Actually I would say that I thought Kongfrontation was actually WORSE than SGE.

Oh well.

General Grizz

dxwwf3 said:
Well bud I gotta disagree with you there. My examples would be Kongfrontation, Earthquake, and Jaws. I think all 3 of those were just as bad as SGE. Actually I would say that I thought Kongfrontation was actually WORSE than SGE.

Oh well.
You've seen SGE? :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom