How did you propose at Disney?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
In front of Cinderella Castle, 5 minutes before Fantasy In The Sky. After that, we watched the MSEP from Frontierland. :)

Pippa

KevinPage said:
All you need to do is right click on the link in your web browser, this should highlight it blue and then select COPY.

Then in the body of your post right click again and select PASTE. Wa-lah, you've entered the 21st century. :D

Thanks! I will give it a go next time but I make no promises as I am sooooo thick with computers, just ask Barnum42!!!!

DisneySaint

I'm susposed to be proposing in 3 weeks in WDW and I still have no idea what I am going to do. I am not one for much attention so I don't want to do it where other people are going to look (no matter how sweet it is). Really right now I plan on just going and praying to God that a good time comes up where I can do it. I dunno I've got a lot of thinking and planning to do obviously.

If you have nothing planned may I offer a word of advice? Carry the ring on you at all times! I had planned on proposing at Caribbean Beach but the night before we left for Disney we went to the Symphony in downtown Fort Lauderdale. Afterwards, it was a beautiful night and we walked along the Intercoastal holding hands and talking. We found a gazebo overlooking the waterway and just sat there and talked. Even though I had plans to propose the next night, I was so upset I didn't have the ring on me. It was a totally romantic setting and I can honestly say that even now after being married for 5 years I have never had a more romantic moment than that night on the Intercoastal. Later on, my wife and I were talking about that night, and she told me that she thought I was going to propose that night, as it was the perfect setting and she thought I had it planned. So just take my advice and carry the ring around with you, because you never know when the perfect opportunity will come along ;)

DisneySaint

626 said:
If you have nothing planned may I offer a word of advice? Carry the ring on you at all times! I had planned on proposing at Caribbean Beach but the night before we left for Disney we went to the Symphony in downtown Fort Lauderdale. Afterwards, it was a beautiful night and we walked along the Intercoastal holding hands and talking. We found a gazebo overlooking the waterway and just sat there and talked. Even though I had plans to propose the next night, I was so upset I didn't have the ring on me. It was a totally romantic setting and I can honestly say that even now after being married for 5 years I have never had a more romantic moment than that night on the Intercoastal. Later on, my wife and I were talking about that night, and she told me that she thought I was going to propose that night, as it was the perfect setting and she thought I had it planned. So just take my advice and carry the ring around with you, because you never know when the perfect opportunity will come along ;)

Ya that's what I had planned on doing. Just waiting for the right moment.

taholden

I proposed with the help of "Gifts of a lifetime". They helped me out with some people in the park to make it all work out. I coaxed my then girlfriend into going to the wishing fountain next to cinderellas castle, closing her eyes, and counting to 100. While she counted I walked away to one of the shops and watched as a woman walked up and gave her a note I had prepared. The note had a message from me and told her to go to a specific part of the park. This happened two more times with the final one telling her to go back to the wishing well. I was there on one knee with the ring in a glass slipper with "will you marry me?" engraved on it. It was pretty cool and someone was taking pictures of her the whole time. Afterwards we engraved the date on the slipper also.

Tim

lonaim

How I proposed at Disney

My sister lived in Winter Park at the time. I talked my soon to be fiance into going to see her for a long weekend with the intent of staying in Winter Park. We made dining reservations at California Grill for the four us. (Self, Girlfriend, sister and her boyfriend) My sister (and boyfriend) made an excuse why they could not ride with us to the California Grill and secretly checked us into a Downtown Disney hotel. (Also talking the manager into giving us a suite) We met at the Californa Grill for dinner and during the fireworks I got down on one knee and asked her if she knew what my wish was. My sister transported the ring and took pictures during the event. It went off perfectly. Four years and two children later we still request the waiter who served us that night.

AllThatsJoey

My proposal story. 09/30/04

My girlfriend of 8 years and I went to the Magic Kingdom and had a great day. The lines were short and the sky was cloudless which was amazing since we were getting used to our weekly hurricanes. The only planning I did for the proposal was the location (the wishing well next to the castle) other than that it was all up to fate.

Early that day Sara (Lady Friend who is now my Fiance) went to the local BP gas station here in Hollywood; FL for some coffee and was surprised by a super jovial guy in a tie who was doing a promo for new BP coffee. He ended up giving her the exact cup she was going to buy which for my Fiance is like handing her a $100 bill. Then she picked me up and off we went. Destination, Walt Disney World. After gliding through the turnstiles at the front gate we were greeted by the Country Bears who are always fun to play with. The weird thing is one of them grabbed Sara's hand, knelt on one knee and pretended to pop the question to her.....freaky! I of course didn't say anything about the fact that I was going to do that for real later on in the day. After that we began our Magic Kingdom day. I think we rode everything in the park in only a few hours. Later that evening we went to Main St. and watched Wishes for the first time which was amazing. After the show we went and sat together on a bench in Tomorrowland. We always hang out either in Tomorrowland or the Hub and wait for crowds to die down before attempting to exit the park. Finally I decided it was time. I suggested we head over to the wishing well which is another one of our favorite wait for crowds to chill out spots. At first I thought my plan may have been foiled as a security guard wouldn't let us out of the castle and into Fantasy Land to get to the well but of course I just turned around headed to the other end of the path to the well. Once at the well I suggested she make a wish and I would do the same. She wished that she could think of something to wish for, threw her penny in and got nasty well water in her eye. Then she made her real wish which I found out later was for some part of her life to make sense. I wished for my proposal to be answered with a yes. After my wish I got down on one knee and popped the question. She was in shock....it was awesome. After about 10 mins of hugging and her saying "Awe....Joey....Hug...Awe...Joey...Hug" we left the well and hung out on Main St. After that we walked over to the Contemporary and watched the APA fireworks display which was really neat aside from the cheesy music. All in all it was an awesome experience and worked out perfectly. We were even ordered by a monorail driver to sit in the front...very strange. We were just standing there, the monorail pulled up, the driver got out, pointed to us and then pointed to the front cab. We were like mmmmkay!

So that's my story, sorry for the length but hey I only plan to do this once so it's worth the time I took to write it. The amazing thing was the fact that in our 8 year relationship whenever visiting that well my girlfriend always wished for me to propose to her at that well. So I guess I done good.

-Joey

Captain Hank

Ok, this is my idea. It's only an idea, and I'll have a few years to think about it more (especially since I haven't found that special someone), but this is what I thought of during my last trip. This hinges on Spectromagic being shown twice during the night, with Wishes in between. Ok, we tour the park during the first Spectromagic. Then, we get in place for Wishes somewhere on Main Street. Since the park pretty much empties after Wishes, we make our way to the path to the right of the castle that goes right by Cosmic Ray's and sit and watch the nighttime lighting on the castle for a few romantic minutes. Then, I turn to her and ask: "___________ (insert her name here), will you make my wish come true?" I get down on one knee and show her the ring and hope for the best. What do you guys think? In case anyone was wondering why I got so specific about times and places, it was under these circumstances (minus girlfriend) that I came up with this idea.

sillyspook13

I've seen two proposals done at Festival of the Lion King. They took quite a bit of planning and were requested by friends of the performers.

The couple is given priority seating for the show, seated in the Lion section. During the preshow, Nakawa (A.K.A. "Good-Looking") asks for one volunteer..... and picks the man. When it gets to their turn, Nakawa introduces the man and tells him to make a lion sound. The theatre goes dark except for spotlights on the couple. The man proposes. :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Thorphin

I proposed to my wife during the first night of her first trip to WDW. I carried the ring in my pocket all day, getting her to walk on the other side of me! Around 9pm, we monorailed over to the Poly and took a nice stroll around the grounds, ending at the beach. We shared a lawn chair facing the lagoon and castle in the background. We enjoyed the Water Pageant together and just oggled at the beauty of the castle afterwards.

Her favorite movie is Sleeping Beauty, so I told her if she pretended she was Princess Aurora and I was Price Phillip, she wouldn't have to pretend the Happily Ever After part, and then I produced the ring in her lap. She immediately began crying (said yes!) and jumped up to see the ring under the closest path lamp.

It worked out well and she spent the rest of the trip admiring her ring while in line for attractions. :)

As a bonus, the next day, we were walking around the Poly and Shades of Green and saw 4 rainbows, including a double rainbow over the Magnolia Golf Course. :D

Disneyman83

My Plan (and first Post)

Hey everyone! Well, I've been meaning to join the Forums for WDWMAGIC since I feel the best discussions occur on this website and it's forums. I love all the discussions all of you have and I just couldn't keep myself from joining the fun.

By the way, everyone on here has had some wonderful ways they have (or will) proposed at Disney! Wow, you people are some creative and cool cats!

Anyways, I figured this would be a perfect discussion for my first post on here. I've always dreamed of proposing at Walt Disney World. Pretty much everything is set in place. I have met the girl of my dreams, she just happens to love Disney, and we have spent some of our most magical moments at Disney. Well, I'm not planning to do this for a while so I'll be interested for the feedback. This is really thought out so bear with me. I was thinking of proposing right before Wishes, about 5 minutes before while they are playing "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes". Being spontaneous and all, I was thinking I would ask her if she would dance with me to the music. So I would lead her out into the street and start dancing with her with everyone around. I would have it planned so that possibly a Cast Member or two would be waiting right there to give us some space and also maybe snap a picture or two. Then, after about a minute, with the music still playing, I say, "You know, I'd really love for my wish to come true." Then I'd drop down on one knee and say, "Maybe I can make your wish come true too. Would you do me the greatest honor and accept my proposal to be my wife?" Or something like that. Maybe I'd say something simpler. Anywho, I know she'd say yes and hopefully by then the fireworks would be starting.

Whew, sorry for such a long post. Hopefully you won't all kick me off now since I write so much:) :animwink: Hopefully this might give someone esle and idea! I'd love to hear what other people think of my idea too! I love feedback! Mad love to DISNEY!!!!

Jenngusto

You are all sooooo romantic. . . I can only keep wishing that someday my prince will come and make my wish come true. . . I have faith and hope that it will happen, sooner than later, but will keep wishing and having a great time until he appears on his great steed (or whaterver brings him to me). . .

Good luck to you all and I hope you all have continued happiness! :kiss:

Night_Aaron

This isn't a post about me but I thought it was cute, nonetheless. I was working at Chef Mickey's one night and I saw my coordinator bringing Mickey and Minnie over to a woman who was sitting by herself at a table. He said to the woman "Now you know Mickey and Minnie have been dating for 75 years and Mickey's never made a commitment (Minnie raises her ringless finger to Mickey's face) but you have someone who's willing to make a commitment to you." Then the groom-to-be walks out and proposes. I may have gotten some of the words wrong, I heard the speach later. She said yes. Actually, she cried her eyes out and then said yes.

Captain Hank

Welcome to the boards Disneyman83! Yet another great idea for a proposal. Just make sure you go during the off-season when it isn't too crowded! And good luck for when it happens.

stitchcastle

I proposed with the help of "Gifts of a lifetime". They helped me out with some people in the park to make it all work out. I coaxed my then girlfriend into going to the wishing fountain next to cinderellas castle, closing her eyes, and counting to 100. While she counted I walked away to one of the shops and watched as a woman walked up and gave her a note I had prepared. The note had a message from me and told her to go to a specific part of the park. This happened two more times with the final one telling her to go back to the wishing well. I was there on one knee with the ring in a glass slipper with "will you marry me?" engraved on it. It was pretty cool and someone was taking pictures of her the whole time. Afterwards we engraved the date on the slipper also.

This is by far my favorite it's so darn romantic...

BigAL

Proposal

I proposed to my wife two years ago in the rose garden during the fireworks. It was a package that they do not offer any more. They close off the entire rose garden and have a couch set up at the entrance to the old swan boat entrance. With sparkling grape juice (no alcohol is allowed), candy, flowers and an engraved glass slipper. I proposed right before the fireworks started and then the staff comes down and serves you after. You could also add characters if you would like.

Before entering the Magic Kingdom we had dinner at the California Grill. After dinner I got our waiter to pretend that we had a dinner package that included the reserved seating for the fireworks. He presented her with the invitation to the rose garden which I picked up earlier in the day at City Hall.

And the rest was history.

mattb

Night_Aaron said:
This isn't a post about me but I thought it was cute, nonetheless. I was working at Chef Mickey's one night and I saw my coordinator bringing Mickey and Minnie over to a woman who was sitting by herself at a table. He said to the woman "Now you know Mickey and Minnie have been dating for 75 years and Mickey's never made a commitment (Minnie raises her ringless finger to Mickey's face) but you have someone who's willing to make a commitment to you." Then the groom-to-be walks out and proposes. I may have gotten some of the words wrong, I heard the speach later. She said yes. Actually, she cried her eyes out and then said yes.
That's my vote for favorite. That, or some of those other really romantic ones.

How hard is it to convince CMs to help you out with a proposal? I saw lots of stories about special dimmings of the lights and such.

I don't plan on getting married for a while, though. I heard you have to meet someone you want to be with, first. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom