Transportation to Chef Mickey's for breakfast

vilegirl

Hi everyone...

I'm taking my mom to WDW in November. She hasn't been since 1976 so we're both very excited. I've been a lot over the years, but I'm still unsure about one thing...

We're staying at the Boardwalk Inn. I want to take her to Chef Mickey's for breakfast. I know buses start running to MK an hour before the park opens and obviously I need to get to MK and then catch the monorail to Chef Mickey's. So what time should I make priority seating for? We're going to Chef Mickey's on a Friday, so it isn't an EMH for MK.

Thanks for your help!!
-Linda

Invero

Despite what you will be told by WDW Dining, special buses for Magic Kingdom area Character Breakfasts (including Chef Mickey's) will start running between 6:30-6:45am, daily from all resorts serviced by Disney Transport buses. When boarding the bus, make sure to let the driver know where you are going, chances are in the early morning, they can take you directly. If not, they can advise you on which way to go for the Monorail.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

I think it's probably best to find out when the MK opens that day (I'm guessing 9) and when transportation starts (I'm guessing 7). If I'm right, I would say make PS for no earlier than 8 and make darn sure you're on the first bus.

Either that, or grab an early light breakfast, go to the MK for a while, then gate a late breakfast/early lunch kind of thing at Chef Mickey's.

Upvote 0

scorp111

Similar Question

Reviving an earlier thread instead of starting a new one.

On my upcoming trip, I am actually staying off-site for part of the trip. (Gasp, shock, horror)

During the time off-site, we have an 8:20 PS at Crystal Palace for Breakfast.

I have read conflicting stories on the best way to get there that early.

From what I have been told, the monorail from the TTC may not be running early enough to allow us to get to the MK by say 8, and make our way to CP.

It was suggested that I park in the TTC parking lot... make my way to the Contemporary, and take the monorail from there.

Does anyone have experience with this? or know if it will work?

How early does the parking lot usually open?

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Walking is Good

If you get to the Contemporary scorp111, it is easiest to walk to MK. Likewise, if vilegirl can get a bus to MK, best to walk to Contemporary.
Just my opinion

Upvote 0
ClemsonTigger said:
If you get to the Contemporary scorp111, it is easiest to walk to MK. Likewise, if vilegirl can get a bus to MK, best to walk to Contemporary.
Just my opinion

I agree. By the time that you get on and off the monorail, you could've already been there if you walked.

Upvote 0

Invero

scorp111 said:
Reviving an earlier thread instead of starting a new one.

On my upcoming trip, I am actually staying off-site for part of the trip. (Gasp, shock, horror)

During the time off-site, we have an 8:20 PS at Crystal Palace for Breakfast.

I have read conflicting stories on the best way to get there that early.

From what I have been told, the monorail from the TTC may not be running early enough to allow us to get to the MK by say 8, and make our way to CP.

It was suggested that I park in the TTC parking lot... make my way to the Contemporary, and take the monorail from there.

Does anyone have experience with this? or know if it will work?

How early does the parking lot usually open?

Magic Kingdom parking lot (AKA Transportation & Ticket Center) opens at 7:00am. The Resort Monorail which services the Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian as well as the TTC and the MK starts running at 7:00am.

Upvote 0

scorp111

Thanks Invero, that makes it easy.

I put Contemporary in my original post, when I should have put Poly. But thanks for pointing out it would have been best to walk.

:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom