Avengers Expected to Take in $175 Million on Opening Weekend...

DisneyparkFreak

Original Poster
With the Avengers ready to take the #1 spot in earnings on opening weekend with $175 million. What are the chances we could see them in an attraction in the near to distant future? Could they come to WDW or would they start in DL or dare I say TDL or DLP?

Captain Chaos

With the Avengers ready to take the #1 spot in earnings on opening weekend with $175 million. What are the chances we could see them in an attraction in the near to distant future? Could they come to WDW or would they start in DL or dare I say TDL or DLP?

Since Disney cannot put an Avengers (or any ride with Marvel's most popular characters) ride in WDW, look for DL, TDL, DLP...

StageFrenzy

No Marvel at the world.! Part of their deal with Universal. DL, TDL or DLP possible.

DisneyparkFreak

Original Poster
Couldn't they use every character but the Hulk right? Which I know by default wouldnt make it the "Avengers", but who says they cant use Bruce Banner?

Maybe he can be the narrator or something, where you never experience the Hulk. There may be some promise there.

StageFrenzy

Couldn't they use every character but the Hulk right? Which I know by default wouldnt make it the "Avengers", but who says they cant use Bruce Banner?

Maybe he can be the narrator or something, where you never experience the Hulk. There may be some promise there.

Nope, just about ALL marvel characters are unavailable for the WDW.!

Captain Chaos

Bruce Banner is actually used in the Hulk coaster... But even if he wasn't, he can't be used... The monorail wrap and the merchandise in the stores is all you will see in WDW...

AEfx

I would love to see what some of those "Avengers is gonna tank" folks have to say about the 2nd biggest opening of a film, ever. :)

captainkidd

I would love to see what some of those "Avengers is gonna tank" folks have to say about the 2nd biggest opening of a film, ever. :)

Who said that? I can't imagine anyone thinking this movie wasn't gong to be a huge success.

Then again, you have to put things into perspective. Today's ticket prices, 3D, IMAX. As someone who has studied box office forecasting and revenues for many years, The Avengers opening is very impressive. However, trust me when I say, there are several movies (some that are maligned on this board) that have sold many more tickets opening weekend.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

DisneyparkFreak

Original Poster

Jimmy Thick

Marvel will be at Disney World sooner than later. You may quote me on that.

Jimmy Thick-Lack of faith in the mouse? No really?

captainkidd

$200 million opening. That's amazing!

Congrats to Marvel! Personally, I could care less how Disney makes out from it. They had nothing to do with it.

StageFrenzy

Ahhhh... That makes sense. You would think that Disney would try to find some way to stop that. There is always a loophole.

Well the contract wasn't drawn up with Disney's lawyers originally, the contract was probably drawn up 15 years before Disney thought about buying marvel. From what I understand Universal could end it if they want, or Disney could pay them a whole bunch of money for the rights back. Considering they would have to build an attraction on top of what they pay Uni, that's a large investment for a ride.

cheezbat

The reason Disney bought marvel is because they know it'll make them money....LOTS of it. Now we all know there's that whole Universal contract thing, but I truly believe in the next decade well most likely see Disney buy it out from Universal. Why wouldn't they? Yeah it's gOing to be very expensive, but very worth it in the long run.

captainkidd

So is it safe to assume that John Carter's horrific theater run has been....Avenged?

In the eyes of anyone that knows, yes. And most importantly, to Disney, yes. I still refuse to give Disney any credit for The Avengers though. Had Disney never bought Marvel, this movie would have made just as much money.

misterID

Who said that? I can't imagine anyone thinking this movie wasn't gong to be a huge success.

Then again, you have to put things into perspective. Today's ticket prices, 3D, IMAX. As someone who has studied box office forecasting and revenues for many years, The Avengers opening is very impressive. However, trust me when I say, there are several movies (some that are maligned on this board) that have sold many more tickets opening weekend.

It was on the news and rumors board. It was pretty dumb. Same people who said Potterland was going to bomb.

And I don't think Disney has much say over Marvel Studios. These contracts give them some level of freedom with Disney basically being a distributor. kind of like Pixar's deal.

And Disney was only interested in Marvel for their merch and films, not for the theme parks. Shanghai and Paris will get Marvel lands, we won't. I even doubt DL will.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom