The Best Perk Staying Onsite!

real mad hatter

Morning All, I was recently asked about what perks do guests get staying at a Disney hotel resort,so I gave them all the info and it got me thinking.What is your favourite perk that staying onsite has to offer?Had to think about this one but it's a toss up between the extra magic hours and getting your purchases sent back to your hotel.Excluding the free dining plan of course,that is awesome.:wave:

Jeff456

At the moment I think it is free dining... but obviously there are loads of great perks of staying on site. To be honest my favourite.. if you can call it a perk is just being totally immersed in Disney World... I would find it hard to consider staying offsite again if I can help it.

Upvote 0

EaglesfanNJ

Morning All, I was recently asked about what perks do guests get staying at a Disney hotel resort,so I gave them all the info and it got me thinking.What is your favourite perk that staying onsite has to offer?Had to think about this one but it's a toss up between the extra magic hours and getting your purchases sent back to your hotel.Excluding the free dining plan of course,that is awesome.:wave:

I'm inclined to say a tie between having your purchases sent back to your resort, and Disney's Magical Express/Transportation System in general.

If you're like us, you can rack up the amount of merchandise bought in any given trip. As if 95 degree heat and pushing a stroller isn't enough, lugging the daughter's Cinderall castle around the park all day makes me cringe thinking about it. Just sending it back to the hotel is an awesome perk.

To my 2nd point, the whole car rental idea is not appealing for us, especially if we're not leaving Disney property. We like to be immersed the whole trip. While I understand non-resort guests use the bus system too, DME does all the work and baggage lugging for you.. awesome perk as well.

Upvote 0

Sharkreef11

I think extra magic hours is a pretty big deal so that would probably get my vote. But another big one is transportation. Not just magical express, but also just the fact you can take bus, boat, or monorail to where you have to go. It eliminates the need to mess with directions, or renting, even being hassled about renters insurance and all that fun stuff:p. It helps make a stress free trip. Basically know where you want to go and hop on. Boom.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest

Oh gosh, this is a good question. Tough! If I had to pick ONE....right now...I would say EMH. Although, package pick up and magical express is a close second.

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

For me I would have to say package pick up at the resort is mine!! The less I have to carry means the more I can buy!!! :D With EMH and 10 day ADR's being 2nd and 3rd!!

Upvote 0

graphite1326

I would say that once I take my luggage to the airport. I don't have to do any more driving, thinking, getting stressed etc. They take care of all the stressful things that come along with a vacation.

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

I'm going to say EMH. More time for us to enjoy the parks!

I do also love having merchandise sent back to the hotel. Off site guests can get it sent to the front of the park to pick up at night and we def take advantage of this when we're staying off-site, but not having to remember to stop at the end of the night is a huge plus!

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Hmm.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this... but not exactly.

I believe you still need to wait until your 180 days out. The poster meant that once you hit your 180 mark, you can make ADR's for 10 days out from that point.

Because your staying onsite your allowed an extra ten days on top of your 180 days.

Upvote 0

radev104

Definitely EMH. Especially when its July and packed and a lot of people just leave after the fireworks or other evening shows the park is pretty much empty. Rode a lot of rides with little to no wait.

The package pick up comes in second.

Upvote 0

Pooh'sBuddy

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this... but not exactly.

I believe you still need to wait until your 180 days out. The poster meant that once you hit your 180 mark, you can make ADR's for 10 days out from that point.

That's a better way of saying it. I'm always better at explaining things with visual aids. :brick:

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

Geese, I don't know where to begin... I think there are so many perks to staying onsite!!! Have luggage delivered by DME is such a huge time saver, Extra Magical hours are awesome, having packages delivered to your resort so you don't have to lug your purchases around with you all day is so convenient too!

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

Main perk? One word: Magic. Themeing, cleanliness, the inexplicable magic of being in a whole other world, away from the problems of life. Magic. Just magic.

Upvote 0

Sweet Melissa

For us it's Magical Express. It's so nice to not have to worry about baggage claim or driving to the resort. We also love being able to check in for our return flight at the hotel. It's a great convenience.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom