Save the Adventurers Club

Just saw this poted over on Disscussion Kingdom Forum's "Save the Adventurers Club" thread and thoiught that it needed to be reposted here.

Here's hoping that we hear more of this soon!

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!​
think my "equity contact" is a chap named IAN....

Mouse Detective

I've read that there were recent auditions for new entertainment acts for those stages outside Comedy Warehouse. Perhaps that's what they auditioned for, not for anything inside CW. Hope it's more though!

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Just recieved this picture from a friend who rode the Backlot Tour yesterday. They say that it is hard to see from the photo, but the items seem to be getting a fresh coat of paint. Howpefully, they will be moved back to their propper location soon!

AdvClubBacklot.jpg

KUNGALOOSH!​

Did Knee

Are there any current of former cast members that can comment on what this particular location where these artifacts are has been used for previously? Have artifacts from other closed locations/attractions ever been deposited here before?

Empress Room

I am not sure if someone has posted this already or not, but I was on the DVC Members' Cruise on September 18 and attended a Disney Archives presentation while onboard. The presentation included a display of artifacts from past Disney attractions (e.g. Dreamfinder's top hat and a tombstone from WDW's Haunted Mansion removed when the queue was remodeled). Also on display...none other than The Colonel himself from the Adventure's Club. (Very cool, but very sad too.)

My guess is that if The Colonel is now making historical archive tour appearances, there's no plans to reopen the Club.

Jerm

I would say that the props are put out to die......if they were just in for paint and placed back, they would not have left them in the elements outside of the paint shop. There is always hope, but it does not look good.....

Master Gracey

Original Poster
My guess is that if The Colonel is now making historical archive tour appearances, there's no plans to reopen the Club.

I wouldn't think that at all. For one thing, there were more than one Colonel, and my guess is this is the one that was saved one from being auctioned off (side note, he was not on Ebay as some rumors stated, but in a Cast Member only silent auction). If they didn't care about what happened to the Colonel, I'm sure they would have just let him be sold and be done with it, but they did save him and are now touring him, as my guess would be, to raise awareness of the Club and excite people of it's return.

I would say that the props are put out to die......if they were just in for paint and placed back, they would not have left them in the elements outside of the paint shop. There is always hope, but it does not look good.....

Well, in the first place, they did get a new coat of pain, and two, they are exterior props. Perhaps they are trying out a new paint formula to see how it will preform in the elements. If they weren't going to put them back, why did they keep "Adventurers Club" painted on the side of the plane?

KUNGALOOSH!​

Scooter

Why would there be more than one Colonel? or is this just wishful thinking? As far as the exterior pieces of what was formally The Adventurers Club in the picture...well it just looks like what it is, a pile of junk that will probabably get discarded when they get around to it. Sorry Adventurers but you're grasping at straws now.:(

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Why would there be more than one Colonel? or is this just wishful thinking? As far as the exterior pieces of what was formally The Adventurers Club in the picture...well it just looks like what it is, a pile of junk that will probabably get discarded when they get around to it. Sorry Adventurers but you're grasping at straws now.:(

The AC was a show, just like any other production at WDW. When you have a show, many times you have duplicates of important props used in the show. That way, if something happens to Colonel 1, they plug in Colonel 2 and don't have to shut the entire place down while Colonel 1 gets fixed.

wilsonhanks

I wouldn't think that at all. For one thing, there were more than one Colonel, and my guess is this is the one that was saved one from being auctioned off (side note, he was not on Ebay as some rumors stated, but in a Cast Member only silent auction). If they didn't care about what happened to the Colonel, I'm sure they would have just let him be sold and be done with it, but they did save him and are now touring him, as my guess would be, to raise awareness of the Club and excite people of it's return.

Well, in the first place, they did get a new coat of pain, and two, they are exterior props. Perhaps they are trying out a new paint formula to see how it will preform in the elements. If they weren't going to put them back, why did they keep "Adventurers Club" painted on the side of the plane?

KUNGALOOSH!​

Kungaloosh to all!!! Here here to the return of the club!!! I volunteer myself to assist in the sound effects for the Radio Broadcast! What's better than 1000 1 pound pigeons? :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Did Knee

Master Gracey,

I'm not doubting your assertion that new paint has been applied to these artifacts, but I would like to know how you know that for sure. Is there perhaps a picture you have of a rust spot on the plane tail for instance taken in the last few months that is no longer present in your new pic above? Something like that would certainly add credibility to the assertion that these have been painted, though I'm sure it wouldn't quiet the naysayers.

Master Gracey

Original Poster

The only straws we are grasping at are the ones that will be firmly placing into our Kungalooshes, while sitting in the Main Salon, inside the building that will always be the Adventurers Club, in the near future! If these artifacts were going to be discarded, then they would not have been placed in an area where every day, thousands of guests will be seeing them. They would have gone straight to the landfill. However, they have been repainted and placed at the Backlot tour for, what my best guess is, weather testing.

Master Gracey,

I'm not doubting your assertion that new paint has been applied to these artifacts, but I would like to know how you know that for sure. Is there perhaps a picture you have of a rust spot on the plane tail for instance taken in the last few months that is no longer present in your new pic above? Something like that would certainly add credibility to the assertion that these have been painted, though I'm sure it wouldn't quiet the naysayers.

I'm sorry to say, that I can not find a picture at the moment, but I am searching through many files to find one. I know it is difficult to see in the photo, but viewing them first hand, it is quite apparent that they have been touhed up.

KUNGALOOSH!​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom