Good fx news for a change

celluloid

Everyone is quick to complain. It's really getting laughable. We didn't even know what was coming and people are still up in arms! LOL!

The fact that nothing is coming or more specifically and importantly nothing is being fixed is terribly sad. Yeti, Angler Fish. Property is in rough shape.

bstiles

I heard that the cannons on top of the fort are returing in the very near future and tiki torches will be returning to sunshine plaza sometime in 2012. I also heard that possibly more effects will be forth coming for the new interactive game in the near future, but alas fountains will still be planters.

aladdin2007

I heard that the cannons on top of the fort are returing in the very near future and tiki torches will be returning to sunshine plaza sometime in 2012. I also heard that possibly more effects will be forth coming for the new interactive game in the near future, but alas fountains will still be planters.

Hopefully all that goes through, but it was sounding like the plan got budget cut. Maybe its back on again?

SeaCastle

Sunshine Plaza?

sunshine-plaza_alt.jpg

The Empress Lilly

Wow...DCA looks like an obnoxious disaster zone. Good God. Is $1.2 billio even enough to fix that crass dump?

I'll be very happy if the latest rumours turn out to be true about Disney fixing Adventureland back to Disney's higher standards of a previous era. Torches and cannons, yes please! :eek:

*insert comments here about removal of that cartoon dessert spinner in the middle of a realistic rainforest setting, and about the fixing of water features *

MoxHair

Wow...DCA looks like an obnoxious disaster zone. Good God. Is $1.2 billio even enough to fix that crass dump?

In short, yes. The Golden Gate Bridge is pretty much gone now, and the rest of that area is being rethemed into Buena Vista Street which should feel very similar to Hollywood BLVD at DHS but with the Carthay Circle Theater as the park's new Icon.

707px-Buenavistastreet.jpg

Sorry for the off-topic post in this thread. I'm going to the Disneyland Resort for the first time in a decade this August and I'm a bit excited to see all the changes at DCA and I plan to go back next year when the rest of the reboot is completed (Carsland opening).

GLaDOS

Source?

The Empress Lilly

In short, yes. The Golden Gate Bridge is pretty much gone now, and the rest of that area is being rethemed into Buena Vista Street which should feel very similar to Hollywood BLVD at DHS but with the Carthay Circle Theater as the park's new Icon.

Sorry for the off-topic post in this thread. I'm going to the Disneyland Resort for the first time in a decade this August and I'm a bit excited to see all the changes at DCA and I plan to go back next year when the rest of the reboot is completed (Carsland opening).
That new entry area looks great! Beautiful, atmospheric, and with a feeling of 'being somewher. There's a there there, if that makes sense. I'm determined to return to DL once they've finished DCA's Extreme Makeover.

Hope you'll have fun on your trip, bring us some pics, let us now the deal! :wave:

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
Alot of that new entrance was ripped straight from Hollywood studios... the entryway and gas station on the left side at the minimum

jmuboy

If true, why o why is the fountain not returning when the Tiki Room opens? A simple effect that TDO is short cutting out? No complaints until the show reopens. But I don't have very much faith at all in TDO "surprising" any of us!

wilkeliza

If true, why o why is the fountain not returning when the Tiki Room opens? A simple effect that TDO is short cutting out? No complaints until the show reopens. But I don't have very much faith at all in TDO "surprising" any of us!

I don't know if this is still the case but many fountains were turned off because of drought conditions in the last few years. Although Florida sees small bursts of a lot of rain as of July 26 most of the state is somewhere between extremely dry and severe drought.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom