New interactive game at MK? - Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom

Buried20KLeague

There actually is a bit of variation within each country as well. I think they all go from Point A through Point F for instance, but they all don't necessary go A-B-C-D-E-F. I think this was true atleast for the Norway Pavilion.

That could be.

Who knows... It would stand to reason that they've looked at KP and figured out how to improve it. I hope that's the case.

I just know how packed with people the MK is, and if they haven't thought about it, it's got the potential to be a problem. At Epcot, I've actually seen a LINE form at an effect... Kids just waiting for their turn to activate the effect, even though they knew right where to go and saw the 5 kids in front of them already do it. That's surely not what they had in mind for the experience. Without the discovery piece of the game, it loses a lot.

devoy1701

It's even more varied than that. They may be 6 'effects' or so for each country, but you don't get them all on each mission. At least that's been our experience. We've done the same country more than once (completed the mission too), and actually had some different effects, not just a change in their order.

Correct. I meant to say Point A to Point F...not A through F. I noticed in Norway when going through the shops that there were a few different effects and not everyone was going to all of them.

Two things! First off, LOVE KIM POSSIBLE WORLD SHOWCASE ADVENTURE! First time we played it, wasn't expecting much, but since I am a big kid, loved it and played every country! There is some variation, but I agree that the "replay-ability" is only so-so.

Second, with this news, I hope this is not the project that was cancelled/postponed/whatever due to politics/budget as discussed in the "Good fx news for a change"...

Things may get a bit noisier around Caribbean plaza in the next week or so :)

RSoxNo1

This is certainly interesting - I'm curious as to how they improve upon Kim Possible.

I've added this to the rumors thread as well.

NewfieFan

It's even more varied than that. They may be 6 'effects' or so for each country, but you don't get them all on each mission. At least that's been our experience. We've done the same country more than once (completed the mission too), and actually had some different effects, not just a change in their order.

Thanks, at least I know I'm not losing my mind! I have done quite a few of these over the course of many trips and I certainly remember different tasks and so do my kids (and they don't miss a beat)!

fractal

We really enjoyed KP on our last trip and like the idea of NexGen.

Maybe when we see some interactive game being introduced @ AK we will get a long awaited YETI repair.

BigNorm

We really liked Kim Possible when we visited, but agree it's really not something you can do on multiple trips (unless you didn't do all the quests in all the countries). I welcome this NexGen initiative and what it's going to bring in the future. These games are awesome, especially for families who spend more than one day in the Magic Kingdom or Epcot on their vacations. Brilliant!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Original Poster
Any idea when this might be happening?

The article didn't have any timeframe in it, but there has been work on the firehouse (and apparently other areas in the Magic Kingdom). So hopefully sooner rather than later.

Perhaps it will be something discussed at the D23 event next month? :shrug:

CJR

I really like this idea. KP at Epcot is a great way to get kids interested into the WS, but this is something that would just flat out be fun for the entire family. It would be a nice break from all the lines at MK.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Original Poster
Can anyone confirm this means the loss of the Fronteirland Shootin' Arcade? Pretty sad loss if true.

I don't think the arcade is going away, rather I believe they will incorporate the game as part of the attraction. Like they've done with the pavilions in the WS for the Kim Possible searches....

raven

Guess it's about time to post this then:
0617110456.jpg

The actual Sorcerers are Disney characters and will use their special powers (Rupunzel hair whip, Hercules strength, Snow White singing, etc.) Most of the play field will be in Frontierland, Andventureland, Fantasyland and Main Street.

Nemo14

Guess it's about time to post this then:
0617110456.jpg

The actual Sorcerers are Disney characters and will use their special powers (Rupunzel hair whip, Hercules strength, Snow White singing, etc.) Most of the play field will be in Frontierland, Andventureland, Fantasyland and Main Street.
Awesome!!!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom