SFX of PotC - Cannonball - is it broken or very rare?

Spike-in-Berlin

Original Poster
During our trip in 2007 we did PotC for the fifth or sixth time in a few days but this time there was a special effect I never experienced before, not even in the 80ies and 90ies.
During the bombardment scene when the boat was between the Black Pearl and the port, there were not only the usual water fountain effects simulating cannonballs hitting the water but suddenly a really strong blast of wind passed near our heads as if we were narrowly missed by inches by a flying cannonball. It was an impressive and quite scary effect (there are no real cannonballs flying are there? :D )but since that day we never ever experienced it again. Is that a special effect with a similar percentage of days out of order like the effects at EE or is it just very rare ?
Who knows more?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I know the effect you are talking about and it has always been hit or miss for me. I am not sure if it is a case of right place right time, the effect not working or a combination of both.

Cosmic Commando

I've felt it at Disneyland, but I honestly never knew it existed at WDW until Martin said so. It really shouldn't break down very often... I saw something like this at Spencer's at my local mall like ten years ago.

BadWolf

It's always been there. We've experienced it almost every year we've been going since 1985. Though not every cycle.... it's probably more random.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Sounds like an automated version of the Air Zooka
airzooka.jpg

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
Personally I only felt it right after the refurb that happened when they added all the extra movie stuff,, Cannonball splashes I have seen working and not working.

the-reason14

I know what you're talking about. And I think I did feel this once or twice. I remember telling my cousin that you would 'feel stuff' during that part and it made her a bit scared. I thought it was gonna be something you would feel each time, but ya it is a hit or miss I suppose.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom