Rockwork has Started!

jt04

Legoland has nothing to do with FLE.
FLE has been in the works for about 6 years, way before Legoland was even discussed.
:rolleyes:

As I am so often reminded around here, WDI has mountains of plans (including plans with mountains) that gather dust in files for years and even decades. Then these plans are implemented when it makes good business sense because a necessity arises. Such as now.

Do you even know who Carl Sagan is? Do you even know what optimism is for that matter?

I described him perfectly didn't I? Of course I don't wish to speak ill of the departed. I am sure he was an excellent astronomer or chemist or ........ whatever. What the heck was he? But the rest was opinion and his personal world view that he was continually forcing down people's throats. I'm still not getting how he gave himself that platform or how he determined he earned it. It is a cosmic mystery. :lookaroun

Lee

Adventurer
As I am so often reminded around here, WDI has mountains of plans (including plans with mountains) that gather dust in files for years and even decades. Then these plans are implemented when it makes good business sense because a necessity arises. Such as now.
What?
Are you trying to say that the FLE, which was put into motion back in 2004 or so, is being implemented to counter Legoland? A park that didn't even exist, in that form at the time?
No. Not the case at all.
FLE was designed, and is being built, to address capacity issues at the MK.
It is not intended to increase attendance nor to counter a minor park down the road.

TP2000

It is not intended to increase attendance nor to counter a minor park down the road.

A very minor park, quite a ways down a rather narrow road, at that. :cool:

Maybe it's because I've been to Legoland California a few times over the past 10 years, and seen what it is and what it's not after 12 years of near-constant additions and upgrades. (And also realize it has absolutely no impact on Disneyland's operation or business plans.) But for the life of me, I can't understand why anyone in Florida would think that Legoland opening up on the old Cypress Gardens property would be any more a worry for TDO than a new mini-golf n' pizza parlor offering opening up on International Drive.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I described him perfectly didn't I? Of course I don't wish to speak ill of the departed. I am sure he was an excellent astronomer or chemist or ........ whatever. What the heck was he? But the rest was opinion and his personal world view that he was continually forcing down people's throats. I'm still not getting how he gave himself that platform or how he determined he earned it. It is a cosmic mystery. :lookaroun
No you didn't. Of course accuracy is not something that we have come to expect from you.

devoy1701

the constant bickering against JT is really making many of these threads unreadable.

It's Merf all over again...except JT takes it better.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
the constant bickering against JT is really making many of these threats unreadable.

It's Merf all over again...except JT takes it better.
All of the facts of this thread were pretty much handled on page one. Right now I am just having fun poking him with a stick. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Merf and JT were one and the same although if that was the case I would have expected him to snap by now. If I am not mistaken we tried the hugs treatment a while ago and he held fast.

jt04

What?
Are you trying to say that the FLE, which was put into motion back in 2004 or so, is being implemented to counter Legoland? A park that didn't even exist, in that form at the time?
No. Not the case at all.

While I do agree that the overwhelming reason they are adding the FLE is capacity, there is a reason they choose the current theme instead of something like Fire Mountain or IJ for Adventureland or choosing to build the extreme version of Space Mountain. They could have chosen to invest in older skewing attractions but they choose to invest in those attractions that are primarily aimed at young families. Those that allow interactivity and hands-on participation as a group. Those experiences that a family will participate in together actively rather than passively like a traditional dark ride. Huh, just like Legoland. Coincidence?

A very minor park, quite a ways down a rather narrow road, at that. :cool:

Maybe it's because I've been to Legoland California a few times over the past 10 years, and seen what it is and what it's not after 12 years of near-constant additions and upgrades. (And also realize it has absolutely no impact on Disneyland's operation or business plans.) But for the life of me, I can't understand why anyone in Florida would think that Legoland opening up on the old Cypress Gardens property would be any more a worry for TDO than a new mini-golf n' pizza parlor offering opening up on International Drive.

Keep watching. What you expect from your entertainment dollar may not be what others expect.

No you didn't. Of course accuracy is not something that we have come to expect from you.

All of the facts of this thread were pretty much handled on page one. Right now I am just having fun poking him with a stick. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Merf and JT were one and the same although if that was the case I would have expected him to snap by now. If I am not mistaken we tried the hugs treatment a while ago and he held fast.

Could someone get a mop quick!? Master Yoda is oozing condescension all over the floor again. I see why you relate to Sagan. :rolleyes:

I am thinking Dagobah was chosen as it would be less messy if he lived in a swamp to start with.

tirian

We've been saying this for years, and at this point it's almost not worth the argument. FLE was conceived to address current problems resulting from the closures of the Golden Horseshoe, Adventureland Veranda, Tomorrowland Terrace, 20K, and (I've been told) Stitch's unpopularity. It's not expected to add any capacity over what the MK already had in the early 90s, and it's mostly just going to absorb the increasing crowd levels that never faltered after those restaurants and attractions closed.

This fact doesn't make FLE any less important or welcome.

And to address another question: Why couldn't they reopen the old restaurants? GH requires Equity performers Disney would rather use in blathering, obnoxious Castle shows that constantly block the entrance. The Adv Veranda and Tomorrowland Terrace suffer attendance problems because they're in locations Guests don't frequent until evening hours. At least, that's the line being passed around. :rolleyes:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We've been saying this for years, and at this point it's almost not worth the argument. FLE was conceived to address current problems resulting from the closures of the Golden Horseshoe, Adventureland Veranda, Tomorrowland Terrace, 20K, and (I've been told) Stitch's unpopularity. It's not expected to add any capacity over what the MK already had in the early 90s, and it's mostly just going to absorb the increasing crowd levels that never faltered after those restaurants and attractions closed.

And to address another question: Why couldn't they reopen the old restaurants? GH requires Equity performers Disney would rather use in blathering, obnoxious Castle shows that constantly block the entrance. The Adv Veranda and Tomorrowland Terrace suffer attendance problems because they're in locations Guests don't frequent until evening hours. At least, that's the line being passed around. :rolleyes:
I might buy that excuse for the Tomorrowland Terrace but not the Veranda. IMHO Disney is sitting on an untapped goldmine with the Veranda. Had the POTC character meal with Jack Sparrow gone through it could have become the next CRT in terms of popularity.

devoy1701

Ha...before I read your second paragraph I was saying the same thing to myself...why don't they just reopen the Diamond Horseshoe or the Adventureland Veranda? I would love for the Diamond to be brought back to life and become a full performing dinner show again like its counterpart in Disneyland. Would prefer a themed wild west saloon show over "Dream Along with Mickey 10 times today" any day.

GymLeaderPhil

Legoland will be in the middle of nowhere forty-five minutes away from Walt Disney World. While I love LEGOs, I think they made a huge mistake in purchasing the old Cypress Gardens property. I doubt the "sheriff" has even been to scenic Winter Haven, because if he did he would know that New Fantasyland was not crafted to defeat the Danish.

Lee

Adventurer
Those experiences that a family will participate in together actively rather than passively like a traditional dark ride. Huh, just like Legoland. Coincidence?
Actually, yes.
The FLE was conceived and put into motion YEARS before Legoland ever thought about buying Cypress Gardens. You are looking for a connection where there simply isn't one.

tirian

I might buy that excuse for the Tomorrowland Terrace but not the Veranda. IMHO Disney is sitting on an untapped goldmine with the Veranda. Had the POTC character meal with Jack Sparrow gone through it could have become the next CRT in terms of popularity.

Quoted for truth.

Plus, you would think that considering Ohana's popularity, they'd be eager to put a Polynesian quick service restaurant somewhere on property.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Quoted for truth.

Plus, you would think that considering Ohana's popularity, they'd be eager to put a Polynesian quick service restaurant somewhere on property.
I just do not get it. I honestly wonder if there is something that we don't know about the building. Is it one termite bite away from falling in, are they storing nuclear war heads there maybe Walt's frozen body is stored there?:shrug:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I just do not get it. I honestly wonder if there is something that we don't know about the building. Is it one termite bite away from falling in, are they storing nuclear war heads there maybe Walt's frozen body is stored there?:shrug:

Or all of the above.....:rolleyes:

But I agree, between the Veranda and Diamond Horseshoe there's a lot of dining potential that is being left by the wayside. But didn't I read somewhere that the latter had recently opened back up?

PurpleRose

How long has the Diamond Horseshoe been only open seasonally or occasionally? Last time I was there it was 1994. I think they still had shows there too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom