tresspassed from disney world

mjc1984

Original Poster
last year on a trip to disney me and my friends being stupid got tresspassed from disney they said we can come back after a year. does anyone know if i can just start coming back or do i need to get a letter saying i'm allowed back. they never gave me an address or anything to write to, so hoping can just start coming back when my year is up. hope someone knows the answer and can help me out

Wilt Dasney

I remember this topic coming up in relation to a news story where some guy had been banned from property.

I think the consensus was that the bans are essentially unenforcable (especially if you avoid using credit cards), since Disney doesn't store identifiable information like fingerprints (or so we're told). :lookaroun

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
"Got trespassed" means that the individual was/were given formal notice that if they returned to property they would be charged with trespassing.

In the OP's case it appears it included a time limit for the warning, after which they would be welcome to return.

As for the "unenforceable" comment, Disney always seems to know who I am... I suppose if I changed cities, changed credit cards and phone numbers they wouldn't, but generally they keep pretty good track. :shrug:

powlessfamily4

Nahhh .... I think they went to bed and will tellus all at some point today. (crossing fingers because she LOVES a good we did it and got caught! story)

dreamfinder

You should be ok. It's more for them to keep in their records internally. And if you get caught again during that time period, then you get in trouble. Think of it like being on probation. As long as nothing bad happens, or if they don't catch you causing trouble, you are fine. But if they catch you while on probation you get the book thrown at you.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I thought the biometric thing might come into play with this. Do they store a record of that? Or is that even a real thing?
The data from the biometric scan is no where near accurate enough for something like this. From what was reported there is about 1 in 100 of a chance of 2 people having an identical finger scan. Good enough to deter ticket reselling but a million miles from being able to accurately identify an individual.

NYwdwfan

I googled "Disney trespass" and got a whole load of unflattering stories ranging from the guy that grabbed a lady in the pool to photographers sneaking in unauthorized areas and snapping away. The timing on the guy that swam to Discovery Island is close...but his ban was probably going to be for life (article below):

http://www.wesh.com/themeparks/23241617/detail.html

mpaul32001

I thought the biometric thing might come into play with this. Do they store a record of that? Or is that even a real thing?

Being a cast member who works at turnstiles, I'd be more then happy to tell you that the biometrics measure the shape and width of your finger, not the fingerprint. You don't know how many guests refuse to put the finger on the plate because they think we're ID'ing them with FBI technology or something.

Club Cooloholic

Being a cast member who works at turnstiles, I'd be more then happy to tell you that the biometrics measure the shape and width of your finger, not the fingerprint. You don't know how many guests refuse to put the finger on the plate because they think we're ID'ing them with FBI technology or something.

I figured that much. I was pretty certain is was more to keep people from trying to use one pass for two people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom