Anyone else sad Mickey+Minnie's houses are going?

RSoxNo1

Excellent point. Toontown Fair is probably in the least convenient location in the park, but people still swamp it. I suspect the reason is the Mouse Meet spots are something people actively seek out, not something they decide to do spontaneously while walking past.

Ever been to the meet and greet in the United Kingdom shops?

Enchantâmes

I am looking forward to the Fantasyland changes, but Im sad that Mickey and Minnie's houses are going (Im guessing demolished but dont know for sure). I always felt Toontown was lacking,but I think it would have been great to use this area for the Fab 5 (or Sensational 6) and really make something special for the mouse that started it all! This would have appealed to boys as much as girls. Maybe a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse play area (and no nothing like the Pooh play area), somewhere for Donald and Daisy etc. It just feels to me like Mickey is being shoved in a corner somewhere for meet and greets to keep the crowd happy,but surely this is meant to be Mickeys Place? :shrug:
I'm not sad and you know why? Because I'm going to Disneyland!!!! :)

Lucky

To be fair, this thread is about whether or not anyone is disappointed about the loss of Mickey and Minnie's houses. I'm particularly disappointed, even though I never actually took the time to see it when I was there. I just feel as though a house for Mickey is and should be as commonplace in the parks as established classics like Pirates and Big Thunder. Mickey's house (at least at Disneyland) is an attraction in its own right.
I've been there quite a few times, and the houses - especially Minnie's - are usually mobbed. These are popular attractions for families with young kids.

Where to meet Mickey and Minnie is a separate issue. They were never at the houses anyway, but in the back of a gift shop.

mharrington

I've been there quite a few times, and the houses - especially Minnie's - are usually mobbed. These are popular attractions for families with young kids.

Where to meet Mickey and Minnie is a separate issue. They were never at the houses anyway, but in the back of a gift shop.

Well, if they were never actually IN their houses, they were at least quite close by. Maybe it's just that I'm the only one here that is totally biased about this, but I honestly feel that their homes and where to meet Mickey and Minnie are one in the same. I just think that Mickey and Minnie deserve more than just simple meet-n-greets on Main Street.

And now what, they'll be doing meet-n-greets in Tomorrowland? Really?! Is that the best they could do?!

itsasmallworld4

Very veryvery very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very Sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

jt04

Well, if they were never actually IN their houses, they were at least quite close by. Maybe it's just that I'm the only one here that is totally biased about this, but I honestly feel that their homes and where to meet Mickey and Minnie are one in the same. I just think that Mickey and Minnie deserve more than just simple meet-n-greets on Main Street.

Why on earth would you assume they will be "simple" m&gs? All the information we have seems to point to them being just the opposite.

wolf359

How can we be absolutely sure without evidence?

"Absolutely sure?" "Evidence?"

Seriously?!?

I've got to say that it's really hard to take all of your fervor over the fate of Mickey's house seriously when by your own admission you've never even been to either the house OR the meet and greet.

I've done both, on several occasions, and while I can almost see your point, I just can't get myself this worked up over it. Maybe it's because I've always thought of all of the Disney parks as being Mickey's home but really, it's just a simple change of venue. Mickey's just moving from the country to the city, right on Town Square.

...With a short stop in Tomorrowland.

mharrington

I've done both, on several occasions, and while I can almost see your point, I just can't get myself this worked up over it. Maybe it's because I've always thought of all of the Disney parks as being Mickey's home but really, it's just a simple change of venue. Mickey's just moving from the country to the city, right on Town Square.

Well, don't you think that Mickey and Minnie should be able to sleep someplace at night?

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
If there is enough of an uproar accompanied by complaints, maybe a "real"
Toontown will be in the cards for the MK or DHS.

TP2000

If there is enough of an uproar accompanied by complaints, maybe a "real" Toontown will be in the cards for the MK or DHS.

There won't be an uproar, and there won't be a proper Disneyland-style Toontown for WDW's property.

So long as the tourists from Ohio and England and Alabama can stand with Mickey in front of a cardboard sign that says "Walt Disney World - Let The Memories Begin!" and have their picture taken with the Mouse during all park operating hours, there will be no uproar or avalanche of complaint letters.

Tokyo and Anaheim have the only real Toontown's, and barring some major Billion dollar fad where the Fab Five characters become the hottest new pop culture trends, TDO won't spend a dime on any new Toontown.

mharrington

Tokyo and Anaheim have the only real Toontown's, and barring some major Billion dollar fad where the Fab Five characters become the hottest new pop culture trends, TDO won't spend a dime on any new Toontown.

What does that bolded part mean? I'm confused.

mharrington

We have Lee's word that the M&G's are going to be more than the usual. That's enough for me, and for most people on these forums. If he says they're doing serious work on the Expo Hall, it's happening.

Well, you'd think they would mention that in the "news and updates" section, which they don't. They would at least go into detail on the Expo Hall, if not provide any pictures. And I'm also wondering why they've opted for Mickey and Minnie to appear in Tomorrowland, of all places.

And there is a picture of the Expo Hall, from the outside. And there is a decent-sized construction wall next to the building, but it's from a distance, and it could very be just a simple touch-up job and nothing more:
IMG_2510.jpg

Has the Expo Hall officially been shut down? Because it's hard to tell from the big construction wall here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom