Guest attacks Disney bus driver

Lisalyn

THAT IS AWESOME! GLAD DISNEY BACKED THE DRIVER..I MEAN HOW COULD THEY NOT WITH THE VIDEO AND SUCH!

Child Services definitely would have been on my speed dial that night!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Charging him with assault, public endangerment, and ejecting him from the resort I can understand. A terrorist threat though? That's a bit ridiculous.
For a moron like this he deserves to have every charge even remotely applicable thrown at him.

TalkingHead

I work for bus operations and the entire incident was caught on the security cameras.Every load zone has a high def camera that sees the bus and load zone. We can actually zoom in with the cameras and read the drivers name and his hometown on his name tag on their uniform. Also in the video one of the gentleman on the bus,{I wont identify him} was one of our plain clothes security officers and was in the load zone at the time and witnessed the attack. Security was called along with the OCSO,and yes it took them a few minutes to get to him. This was because the bus was in load zone C7 which is in the charter bus lot and away from the regular Resort load zones near the entrance to Hollywood Studios. If you watch the video closely you will see flashing red and blue lights illuminating the side off the bus.When the wife saw them pull up the wife took off,and tried to hide in the crowd,and left her child with the husband. Other guests identified her to security. They were then removed from the bus and load zone and taken backstage. The gentleman was then arrested and handcuffed for assault on the driver. He is also facing charges for Terrorist threat due to the assault happening on the bus, and public endangerment. They were also ejected from the resort they were staying at,and trespassed from Walt Disney World property.They will not be returning to the Happiest Place on Earth ever again. Also everyone will be happy to hear the driver was not reprimanded for the incident,and continued with his job that evening. I actually saw and talked to him last night and he is doing fine.
Also forgot to add copy of the security tape was provided to the OCSO,they are in turn forwarding it to the state attorney for possible further charges of Felony child neglect and endangerment.

Huh? A terrorist threat because the assault happened on the bus? The bus wasn't even in motion. If that's true (and I'm skeptical that it is), the ACLU should have fun with this one.

goofntink

Charging him with assault, public endangerment, and ejecting him from the resort I can understand. A terrorist threat though? That's a bit ridiculous.

Our buses are Federal DOT Regulated just like Airplanes and Trains. It carries the same charge as if you attacked a flight crew on an airplane in flight!!! It may not stick but he was still charged with it.

TalkingHead

Glad the driver is OK and for the guy, I say throw the book at him. Go for a terrorist charge. Why not?

Durrrrrrrr, I don't know, because it wasn't a terrorist threat? It appears to have been assault, child endangerment perhaps, but nothing more severe than that.

WDWmazprty

Our buses are Federal DOT Regulated just like Airplanes and Trains. It carries the same charge as if you attacked a flight crew on on airplane in flight!!! It may not stick but he was still charged with it.

Good point. Forgot about the Federal DOT status of the busses. I guess they can charge him with a terrorist attack.

GrumpyFan

For a moron like this he deserves to have every charge even remotely applicable thrown at him.

Agreed. I'm okay with them throwing in the "terrorist threat" charge. That means if he's a foreigner, which it appears he might be, then he'll have a very difficult time coming back.

sweetpee_1993

Huh? A terrorist threat because the assault happened on the bus? The bus wasn't even in motion. If that's true (and I'm skeptical that it is), the ACLU should have fun with this one.

The definition of 'Terroristic Threat' is not limited to the simple picture people commonly have...like it's only for a person who tries to hijack a bus or kill the whole bus-load or something. Federal DOT vehicles of any sort and their operators are protected. If you attack a bus driver then that's a threat to the entire bus. These laws are for our protection. In this case the charge is absolutely applicable.

TimNRA757

Durrrrrrrr, I don't know, because it wasn't a terrorist threat? It appears to have been assault, child endangerment perhaps, but nothing more severe than that.
If on my little Cessna which is operating under part 135 (commercial flight) someone starts doing this to me even before we start the engine, you can bet I'll have them charged with terrorist activity.

A bit of thread drift here, but first I want to say that good for law enforcement for making sure this twisted individual didn't get away with their completely inexcusable behavior. :sohappy::sohappy:

As a disabled vet, I'm here to tell you that on EVERY single bus ride I take, there are comments made about loading wheelchairs first. One time, I actually heard a lady telling her child that "didn't he wish he had a special chair so that he could get on before everyone else." That one still makes me laugh. I've learned that the entitlement mentality is alive and well and in fact thriving at the parks. We're annual passholders and stay at all many different resorts, from the All Stars up to and including Poly. It's the same at all of them. I'd say it's amazing how rude people are, but it's not. Unfortunately it's typical.

The one thing I've taken from this is that it's much better to laugh at people's ridiculous behavior than it is to take it personally. I don't let them ruin my or my family's vacation.

Just my 2 cents.

Once again, though, I'm glad this person got what he deserved. Thanks for the update that the bus driver was okay. In the grand scheme of things, that's what really matters. :wave:

me_stitch

Premium Member
my wife says I have a problem getting in other peoples business but when it comes to stuff like that I can't help it. I always make people like that feel like bigger morons than they already are, good thing I wasn't on that bus though, I probably would've dragged that guy off the bus and then I'd be in trouble too.

disneyrcks

• I hope this clears some things up regarding the terroristic threat charges
      http://www.judiciary.state.nj.us/charges/jury/terrthrt1.htm

(1) "A person is guilty of a crime if he threatens to commit any crime of violence with the purpose to terrorize another or in reckless disregard of the risk of causing such terror."
      (2) "A person commits a crime if he threatens to commit a crime of violence with the purpose to cause evacuation of a building, place of assembly or facility of public transportation or otherwise to cause serious public inconvenience or in reckless disregard of the risk of causing such evacuation or inconvenience.
    The prosecution must prove the following elements beyond a reasonable doubt:
    • 1. The defendant made a threat, or threatened to commit a crime of violence against (the victim's name).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom