New ROE China Bridge Show

MythBuster

Original Poster
Now, when you get stuck behind the China Bridge when it opens to let the Earth Globe and Fountain Barges out, there is new audio soundtrack with mixed in fun facts about the Illuminations show. There is one show when they take the barges out to the lagoon during the day and then a different one when they bring them back to the Marina at night. The audio plays both at the China side and the Africa side.

Slipknot

Interesting. Are the barges and Globe brought out the same time each day or whenever the techs say it's good to go?

MythBuster

Original Poster
Interesting. Are the barges and Globe brought out the same time each day or whenever the techs say it's good to go?

It depends on many factors like the weather, problems etc. They usually bring out the Maxi and mini barges and the inferno about the same time. The Earth Globe can come out at different times due to many problems lately, they run complete test shows of the globe(except flame and pyro) then fix the problems before they take it out to Amgard.

NewfieFan

Very cool!

I've been stuck by this bridge a few times (both in the middle of the day and during the night). I would be interesting to hear!

It's the little things that make Disney... Disney!!!

Rob562

Kind of like the one summer that Light Magic existed in Disneyland, where for a short time they had to reposition the rolling stages from the back of the park to the front of the park via Main Street. They had an announcement playing as the floats rolled past, telling people to please stand clear (because they were HUGE units), and also talking about the show.

-Rob

TimNRA757

I hung around after the show tonight just to hear it, it's a nice feature. I also have to ask, and I'm sure it's been brought up somewhere on here but I can't read everything, when did they do away with the inferno barge burn off after the show? I was informed this hasn't been done for some time. It makes more sense really to just burn it all during the show.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Nice. It`s the little things that count.
when did they do away with the inferno barge burn off after the show?
I`m not sure what the criteria is for it, but often the burn off is now done during the show, right at the end of Chaos.

Rob562

I believe the burnoff was moved to the end of Chaos when the Earth Globe was out of the show for refurb. They did it to add a bit more "OOMPH" right before the big cut in the music.

Makes for quite an impressive end to Chaos, but I kinda miss the burst of fire in an empty park that was the Burnoff.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom