Spaceship Earth exterior needs a serious clean

Mr. Morrow

Hold on I know the decsent you are talking about it looks likt this right?

blue_triangle.gif

1105597_black_curtain.jpg

dxwwf3

Glad to hear the outside will be getting work, but as others have said the inside descent needs the most work.

raven

Besides this, Raven, could you possibly tell us what's next on the power-washing schedule?

Exterior powerwashing is done nearly every night but I don't know the schedule. I know they just did AA last week to get it ready for the 4th. And Imag was done as well recently for EO. It all depends on what the VP's want done first.

aladdin2007

Exterior powerwashing is done nearly every night but I don't know the schedule. I know they just did AA last week to get it ready for the 4th. And Imag was done as well recently for EO. It all depends on what the VP's want done first.

That would be fun to watch. I dont know why but for some reason it would, spaceship earth especially.

raven

Cleaning this morning at 4AM using the 150' high reach:

0708100404.jpg

07082010041.jpg

These were taken with a cell phone so I'm sorry for the poor quality. I had it wrong the first time about the order of the cleaning. They told me that they start at the bottom and work their way up having to pressure wash upwards so it doesn't fall on the other buildings, flowers and people that are working below. This is why the top looks "dirty." As of this morning the dark spots are facing The Seas side of SSE (west) but everything should be completed soon. It's quite a process! :wave:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Cleaning this morning at 4AM using the 150' high reach:

These were taken with a cell phone so I'm sorry for the poor quality. I had it wrong the first time about the order of the cleaning. They told me that they start at the bottom and work their way up having to pressure wash upwards so it doesn't fall on the other buildings, flowers and people that are working below. This is why the top looks "dirty." As of this morning the dark spots are facing The Seas side of SSE (west) but everything should be completed soon. It's quite a process! :wave:
You would think that they would have just made a really big one of these.:lol:

ball%20washer.jpg

Rob562

Actually, you wonder if they could've put little pop-up sprayer heads like lawn sprinklers in the middle of each section of panelling. Every night they'd pop out and give a good "fwoosh" of water. :)

-Rob

parkgoer

Actually, you wonder if they could've put little pop-up sprayer heads like lawn sprinklers in the middle of each section of panelling. Every night they'd pop out and give a good "fwoosh" of water. :)

-Rob

mold needs to be power washed off. If anything that would just promote mold growth, but i see what you're sayin

Biff215

If the VP's are the ones deciding on what gets cleaned next, you would think SSE would have been higher up on their list. Sure it's great that AA looks great on the 4th, but SSE is your icon and far more noticeable when it's dirty. It would be nice if regular cleanings were scheduled as opposed to letting it look like this before the work even starts (at the bottom nonetheless).

aladdin2007

If the VP's are the ones deciding on what gets cleaned next, you would think SSE would have been higher up on their list. Sure it's great that AA looks great on the 4th, but SSE is your icon and far more noticeable when it's dirty. It would be nice if regular cleanings were scheduled as opposed to letting it look like this before the work even starts (at the bottom nonetheless).

True, but they dont care too much about the inside either. :brick:

fabroman

Just curious, but how exactly do they powerwash SSE?

Do they go out through the top and stand there and wash?

You think they would have developed a system....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom