Captain EO Signage Spotted!

Mr. Morrow

There has been a rumor posted in other threads saying that Kodak's sponsorship ends July 1. I have my doubts, but I guess we'll know for sure if the sign suddenly disappears.

Lets hope not or JII could end up like this.

Wonders_dome.jpg

Silentkink

Yeah I am really happy that they are bringing this back to the parks. I have never been on this so it will be fun to see this for the first time when we go down to WDW in just 14 days.

Captain Neo

Where did this rumor about Kodak leaving come from? They are still the sponsor of Captain EO in California since 1986. I can't imagine them leaving now that the pavillion will be getting popular again.

HMF

Where did this rumor about Kodak leaving come from? They are still the sponsor of Captain EO in California since 1986. I can't imagine them leaving now that the pavillion will be getting popular again.
At Disneyland the Magic Eye Theater is the only Kodak-sponsored attraction. At Epcot in addition to the Magic Eye we have a ride that is a shell of its former self and a completely empty second floor.

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
Here's some pics of more signage spotted today:

26714_406951184938_735924938_4434018_1679481_n.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the main entrance sign to Captain EO!

28251_406951164938_735924938_4434017_7610626_n.jpg

It's kinda blurry, but here's the new warning sign...

36365_406951339938_735924938_4434020_5304623_n.jpg

This is new. Anyone have any idea what it's for?

As far as I can tell there are only two traces of HISTA left. The first is the pavilion map, which still lists HISTA even though the directional sign now says EO. The other is the FW West breezeway sign for the Imagination pavilion that still lists HISTA. Once those are gone, then it will be completely gone from Epcot once and for all... (insert evil laugh here)

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
I believe the main sign is actually the original sign from it's first run. That might be part of it. We also had the original version of EO...

Oh, and in other interesting EO news, the hours of the attraction are 9 - 9 every day and it is included in EMH. HISTA was a 9 - 7 attraction...

HMF

26714_406951184938_735924938_4434018_1679481_n.jpg

28251_406951164938_735924938_4434017_7610626_n.jpg

As far as I can tell there are only two traces of HISTA left. The first is the pavilion map, which still lists HISTA even though the directional sign now says EO. The other is the FW West breezeway sign for the Imagination pavilion that still lists HISTA. Once those are gone, then it will be completely gone from Epcot once and for all... (insert evil laugh here)
No' In order for it to be completely gone they need to get rid of Channing and the Imagination Institute.

T-1MILLION

One of my best memories of WDW is my Mom buying me a Hooter stuffed animal at Epcot. We didn't have much money so we never really bought much merchandise in the parks....going to Disney World was huge enough! I was SO EXCITED when she said I could get him. He was really big with a real mesh tank top. I kept him on my bed for more than 10 years. I still have him in a box somewhere. Hooter has always remained embedded in my memory. Something else funny is my Grandma who's almost 90 remembers that stuffed animal and asks me if I still have "Hoota".

We're going next spring, looking forward to seeing it again!

That is honestly a wonderful story. :-D

As for the Kodak sign since some one brought it up in a post. Why would they remove it? Kodak not only sponsors the pavilion but even at Disneyland they sponsor the attraction still. And they do it produly apparently or rather smart synergy because they even produced a new promotional short commercial for it that plays before the 1980s making of EO featurette. You can find this new short ad on youtube already from Kodak.

TP2000

I wonder what kind of merchandise will be available? Anyone know?

At Disneyland they've got several designs of t-shirts and sweatshirts, plus the usual mugs, hats, keychains, buttons, pens, trinkets, etc.
3tshirtsresized.jpg

Captain EO is still very popular at Disneyland, six months after it opened, so I imagine it will be very popular at Epcot as well. They set up a roped in extended queue on busy days at Disneyland, so I hope Epcot's theater has plenty of queue space.
eo_0210_06.jpg

parkgoer

I believe they are re doing the pavement behind those walls, and possibly setting up some sort of tent for the CMs...? I looked behind there and it's all torn up.

Also, sadly, WDW isn't getting those cool, goofy, retro looking costumes like the ones in Disneyland. Just khaki pants and a blue shirt with a EO patch on it.. :-(

DisneyNut7578

At Disneyland they've got several designs of t-shirts and sweatshirts, plus the usual mugs, hats, keychains, buttons, pens, trinkets, etc.
3tshirtsresized.jpg

Captain EO is still very popular at Disneyland, six months after it opened, so I imagine it will be very popular at Epcot as well. They set up a roped in extended queue on busy days at Disneyland, so I hope Epcot's theater has plenty of queue space.
eo_0210_06.jpg
It is extremely popular at DL. When I was there in March, I went on it about 30 minutes before park closing. The theatre was full. Not a seat left in the house. They also had merchandise all over the place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom