MSEP will stay past Nightastic

mickeysaver

Original Poster
I have a friend who has known one of the entertainment managers at WDW for many years. So, I asked her to ask that CM about the MSEP and she did. She was told that he of course isn't supposed to talk about such things, but...as summer ends, Disney will announce that due to popular demand that the MSEP will be sticking around for another year.

I trust this source or else I would have never posted this info on this board. I can't imagine a worse place to post faulty info from less than reliable sources. lol

harveyt0206

I have high hopes that it will be sticking around past summer. I have my fingers crossed that it will be there in February when my mom and I make our trip.

RSoxNo1

Right now they're listing Spectromagic on the calendar at the end of August. However, it was a pretty safe assumption that it's going to be Main Street Electrical Parade for a year +.

Wilt Dasney

Right now they're listing Spectromagic on the calendar at the end of August. However, it was a pretty safe assumption that it's going to be Main Street Electrical Parade for a year +.
That's really kind of low, if our assumptions (and the OP's source) are right. Some people might book trips expecting to see Spectro based on the "official" schedule, and it sounds like Disney already knows it won't be showing. They're basically lying to their customers (again, given the above caveats).

Neverland

I heard that MSEP will remain at WDW, but will only be brought out for special occasions. Maybe that's what that manager meant? Although it wouldn't surprise me if they just extended its full time run.

That's really kind of low, if our assumptions (and the OP's source) are right. Some people might book trips expecting to see Spectro based on the "official" schedule, and it sounds like Disney already knows it won't be showing. They're basically lying to their customers (again, given the above caveats).

The schedule on the Disney website had Tiana's Showboat Jubilee listed for way past January 3rd. We all know how that turned out. :( (I loved that show so much that I just might have planned a trip if I heard it was returning.)

_Scar

Who didn't see that coming a mile away?

I hope Sepctro comes back for the 40th all spruced up! Time to add Facilier to the parade!!

etwtec

Sweet! Lets hope MK does a repeat of what they did to the MSEP in 2000 during the Christmas time :animwink: Which is very possible considering Tokyo Disneyland does indeed have a Christmas version of the Dreamlights soundtrack. The US parks took the original Dreamlights soundtrack so why not the Christmas version as well :D

dixiegirl

:sohappy::sohappy: Oh I hope it stays longer as well !! Never got a chance to see it and our girls either..Don't get me wrong I love Spectromagic, but love too see something new (or new to us )!

niteobsrvr

I fully expect that it will be tied in with whatever celbration they concoct to replace the current "Celebrate" theme. It would make a nice tie in to something to celebrate the Magic Kingdom's 40th.(There must be a new campaign on the way as I noticed some weeks ago that the Celebrate Banners on the light poles at BLizzard have come down.)

meganw1985

Oh, I hope so much that I can show my son the same parade I loved so much when I was his age! I used to fall asleep every night listening to the MSEP song on my Walt Disney World soundtrack tape! It would be awesome if it was there still in the beginning of Sept! :sohappy:

JimboJones123

Quite an expense moving it out just for a few weeks. Especially when many summer plans had already been set in stone. It isn't like it was a huge drawing force for the summertime. Locals actually void this time or hold passes that block out this period anyways. Makes nothing but total sense to keep it rolling through the year.

devoy1701

I don't expect that many people plan their trips around Spectro anymore...considering how long that parade has been running continuously. It's more likely that return visitors will be excited for the change in entertainment scheduled and that non-repeat visitors probably don't care any way.

dreamfinder

I don't think that many people would book their trips based solely to see Spectro. Admittedly some people did to see MSEP again, but that's because it was new and different. As long as MK has a nighttime parade on the nights they have listed, I don't think your average guest would really know the difference between Spectro and MSEP. They just see pretty lights and floats.

And we all know how accurate the "official" schedule is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom