Save the Adventurers Club

I've talked to enough people who would know, and all agree (even Lansbury admitted) the AdvClub was modestly profitable. Keep in mind any given night people bought $25 tickets and used them only at the Club. 8-Traxx was the #1 money-maker, with Mannequins not far behind, and Motion also holding its own. Comedy Warehouse and BET were the money-losers; CW because the shows were too short, BET because PI never seemed to click with its target audience.
Pleased to admit that I'm one of the ones that spent $25 soley for the AC. Even held annual passes on 3 occassions despite residing 500 miles away. Really think the beginning of the end was the opening of the Wildhorse Saloon, the closing of the Neon Armadillo, and the conversion of the NA to the BET Club. A lot of locals regularly were at the Neon Armadillo. I would typically spent the bulk of my eve at the AC and spend lulls at the NA.

mrbghd

I've talked to enough people who would know, and all agree (even Lansbury admitted) the AdvClub was modestly profitable. Keep in mind any given night people bought $25 tickets and used them only at the Club. .

I will not bash those that loved "their" club but it was not a huge moneymaker. First off the $25 dollar ticket was for admission to PI, not just the AC; so that does not count as an income source. Clubs make their money in alcohol sales. Enough people did not drink at AC, that was the problem. The people that loved the AC went to enjoy the shows and didn't drink enough to make it profitable.

Mouse Detective

Pleased to admit that I'm one of the ones that spent $25 soley for the AC. Even held annual passes on 3 occassions despite residing 500 miles away. Really think the beginning of the end was the opening of the Wildhorse Saloon, the closing of the Neon Armadillo, and the conversion of the NA to the BET Club. A lot of locals regularly were at the Neon Armadillo. I would typically spent the bulk of my eve at the AC and spend lulls at the NA.

PI made two attempts at country music bars and they just did not generate the revenue. BET was wildly popular in the early years but when Motion opened it drained away a lot of the people because it too played the more popular hip hop/soul/r&b music along with top 40.

I will not bash those that loved "their" club but it was not a huge moneymaker. First off the $25 dollar ticket was for admission to PI, not just the AC; so that does not count as an income source. Clubs make their money in alcohol sales. Enough people did not drink at AC, that was the problem. The people that loved the AC went to enjoy the shows and didn't drink enough to make it profitable.

well, geeeez, the drinks were $9-10 !!! They also had a limited menu and souvenirs at one time all of which ultimately went away long before the PI closure. I wonder how the one club admission would have worked for the AC ???

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

Wow, you obviously know NOTHING about bar operations.

Cover charges are a necessary evil in any venue that provides entertainment. The 25.00 was EXACTLY that...a cover charge...albeit for several bars not just for a single venue. The 25.00 most definitely DOES count towards the income source of all the venues at PI.

Any successful nightclub that provides nightly entertainment must recoup those expenditures and usually it is through making the patrons pay the bill through a cover charge or exorbitant drink prices. The latter does more to repel customers than the former.

mrbghd

Wow, you obviously know NOTHING about bar operations.

Cover charges are a necessary evil in any venue that provides entertainment. The 25.00 was EXACTLY that...a cover charge...albeit for several bars not just for a single venue. The 25.00 most definitely DOES count towards the income source of all the venues at PI.

Any successful nightclub that provides nightly entertainment must recoup those expenditures and usually it is through making the patrons pay the bill through a cover charge or exorbitant drink prices. The latter does more to repel customers than the former.

I agree cover charges are a required evil. With that being said, the $25 cannot be put on the books of solely the AC. It has to be split amongst all of the clubs no matter what club(s) the patron attended.

As for knowing nothing about bar operations you are right. But I know a lot about high end night club operations! YOU really should not make assumptions based on facts you think you know. After all your opinions are clouded by your love of a place that only a small portion of WDW visitors enjoyed. If you are interested we can compare real world experience in the ownership and operation of clubs and I bet my income statement will beat yours any day of the week.

To the poster who said the drinks were $9-11 dollars: so what? If more people would have drank in the clubs they would have been more successful.

unkadug

I agree cover charges are a required evil. With that being said, the $25 cannot be put on the books of solely the AC. It has to be split amongst all of the clubs no matter what club(s) the patron attended.

As for knowing nothing about bar operations you are right. But I know a lot about high end night club operations! YOU really should not make assumptions based on facts you think you know. After all your opinions are clouded by your love of a place that only a small portion of WDW visitors enjoyed. If you are interested we can compare real world experience in the ownership and operation of clubs and I bet my income statement will beat yours any day of the week.

To the poster who said the drinks were $9-11 dollars: so what? If more people would have drank in the clubs they would have been more successful.

Your name must stand for Mr Big Head. I would be more than willing to compare real world experiences with you, but I refuse to get into a battle with a 12 year old.

Mouse Detective

The 25.00 most definitely DOES count towards the income source of all the venues at PI.

The admission ticket was only scanned at the first club you went to. You were then given an armband which got you admission into the other clubs. Disney did not have an elaborate tracking system. They only knew the first club you went to and never knew if you went anywhere else. So that $25 in revenue could not be attributed to any specific club other than the first one. Maybe they divided it by the number of clubs. But they certainly knew how much in drink sales each club made.

lazyboy97o

Which just begs the question of why admission to the Adventurer's Club could not be obtained by purchasing a single club admission ticket. Disney should have been attributing the single club admission money to those clubs. Comedy Club Warehouse made sense because you could not spend the whole night there. I think it would be very interesting to know how much Disney studies the patterns of people holding multi-club admission tickets. I would not find it surprising at all if Disney knew people were buying multi-club admission to just attend the Adventurer's Club. A nice way to charge more for the one club without making the direct comparison.

overdrive

i cant believe this thread is STILL active.......

There are a lot of things I have a hard time believing:

Like the clubs being closed, like no new activity on PI, like DTD getting its butt kicked by Citywalk, like the lack of a plan from Disney, like the total lack of leadership and incompetence from the people who ran PI into the ground.......etc.......etc.......etc....

But this thread still being active is not one of the things I have a hard time believing, in fact I am surprised its not more active.

unkadug

There are a lot of things I have a hard time believing:

Like the clubs being closed, like no new activity on PI, like DTD getting its butt kicked by Citywalk, like the lack of a plan from Disney, like the total lack of leadership and incompetence from the people who ran PI into the ground.......etc.......etc.......etc....

But this thread still being active is not one of the things I have a hard time believing, in fact I am surprised its not more active.

hear hear
drinking-43.gif

unkadug

From what I see this thread :snore: has changed ZERO over @ DTD Duckberg :cool:

If you don't like this thread, which obviously you don't judging by your 8 posts (mostly) condemning this thread, then stay out of it and leave it for those who do. unkadug :rolleyes:

You know what they say: There has to be one in every crowd.

Scooter

i cant believe this thread is STILL active.......

Of course it's still active...because the same handfull of people are hoping that Disney execs will read their ramblings and reopen the AC.

They are using this board for their own personal agenda.

What I can't believe is that the moderators havn't figured it out yet and either closed this thread or moved it to the retired attractions section.

I wouldn't have a problem with this thread being here but there's never any new news...it's just the ramblings of a few disgruntled AC groupies grasping for a last straw of hope that someone will read their pleas and discontentment rants and reopen a club that has been shut down for over a year because it wasn't finacially successful.

I think that those of you who are fans of the year long closed AC should do the proper thing and complain and give your suggestions to The Disney Company where they will be heard and concidered instead of hoping they will come here and read your thoughts and wishes.

My point is that you're barking up the wrong tree and you are taking up valuable board space for personal and selfish reasons.

Perhaps you can all become Facebook friends and then you can all discuss this long closed attraction all you want.

unkadug

While I hardly consider myself a rabid fan of the AC, I did enjoy it. However, I don't see the harm in a thread that lets fans of the club come together. How in the world is it taking up valuable board space any more so than many other attraction thread? Is the internet all of a sudden so crowded that other threads are being squeezed out of existence by this thread's very existence?

I'll say it again...if you don't like this thread then don't let the door slam ya' where the good lord slit ya'.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom