Questions about planning

mike45248

I have a couple of questions to ask. My family is planning a trip to WDW and we are a family of 6(2 adults, 2 children3 and 7 years old and 2 one year olds will be 2 when we arrive) We do not want to stay in the all star suites and not too keen on the Wilderness cabins.
so looking at the prices we were leaning towards the Contemporary or Poly. We are looking to go end of Sept. into October.
1) If they don't come out with any discounts on the room for the general public would it make sense to purchase an AP for an additional $200 more then my 9 day park hopper pass? And see what discount it gets me.
2) If I do purchase an AP to get a discount on the room (Not sure how much of a discount they offer does anyone know?) and they have another offer for the public(Like the gift cards they are offering now) can we still get it? Last year when we went I got a 40% off the room and would love to get another PIN.
3)I am a new Disney Visa card member, so what kind of things do they offer to card members if any?

Thanks,
Mike

DisneyJoe

3) Usually Disney VISA card holders get a few days advance booking on the general public discounts. Occasionally they will get an offer all to themselves.. For example, at the end of March Free Dining should be announced; Disney VISA holders should have at least 2 days to book that before the general public does.

You don't need to purchase the AP in advance to get the discount. It doesn't need to be provided for proof until you check in at the resort (and sometimes not even then)

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Unfortunately there is not clear cut answer to your question as there are quite a few unknowns, in particular which promotions will be running. When it comes to discounts nothing is guaranteed including AP and Disney Visa card discounts. What I would advise is book what you can afford with no discounts then keep checking sites like this one or Mousesavers for promotions and rebook if something comes out. The easier rout of course is to let us (Kingdom Konsultants) book this for you and take care of all of that research for you. Once you book with us we keep track of all of Disney's promotions and will automatically rebook you at the lower rate. What is even better is that we do not charge for our services and we can take care of all of your dining reservations as well.

If you like you can PM me your details and I will be more than happy to get some numbers together for you.

Upvote 0

JillC LI

Kingdom Konsultants can really do a wonderful job of keeping you apprised of all discounts as they are released and getting you the best rates possible. We were able to take advantage of Free Dining during early October in 2009. Your Disney Visa card might give you access to a promotion about 2 days before it is available to the rest of the public. Also, there is a special Meet & Greet photo spot at EPCOT for Disney Visa card holders.

If you go at that time of year, I highly recommend you attend Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party one night. Plus the Food & Wine Festival is going on then which is fantastic. It's a great time of year for Disney World.

Upvote 0

durangojim

Also check out mousesavers.com for info about past discounts. If I were you, I'd wait and see if any AP discounts come out for that time. You can book a room with a AP discount even if you don't have the AP at the time the reservation is made, you just have to have it when you check in (and sometimes not even then). I'd look at renting a vacation club property with the discount which this spring has been 45% off. If a non passholder discount came out that was comparable you could always call Disney and see if they could switch your reservation. Also if you're worried about paying the extra $200 for an AP, you could try to check in without it and if they ask to see it, just go buy one and come back later that day.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom