Radiator Springs Blueprint

xsupaxmanxsfnex

Original Poster
I am not sure if this has been posted any where yet but I saw this on another website.

Apparently there was a video showing some information about DCA and there was a blueprint of RS in there. Here is a screen shot.

4245859459_562a5b9de1_b1.jpg

Here is the website where the picture came from and the full "story".
http://parkthoughts.com/2010/01/12/do-you-see-what-i-see/

TP2000

Yeah, that blueprint is the hot story of the new year on Disneyland boards. :)

To try and steer this OT here, is there maybe someone out there with the skills to cut and paste and lift this attraction footprint on to an existing WDW park? Cars Land at DCA is a big chunk of land, and Radiator Springs Racers is a sprawling ride complex with a very big show building.

Would someone like to take a stab at figuring out the dimensions of this blueprint base on the existing DCA property, and then grafting it on to an aerial map of an existing WDW park to try and determine if it could possibly fit in a WDW park? My cut and paste and Google Map skills are too basic to try, but I wonder what this facility/ride might look like on the perimeter of Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park, or other WDW location?

_Scar

This has nothing to do with WDW.

We have Test Track, I'd like to get more info on that Kuka Incredibles for PP.

As much as I would love to have the cars attraction, I think it's better that the 2 parks have some differences in rides. Looking forward to getting to see it in a few years.

GizmoDuck

blueprint base on the existing DCA property, and then grafting it on to an aerial map of an existing WDW park to try and determine if it could possibly fit in a WDW park?

I second this, it'd be awesome if somebody could compare this to the size of Backlot Tour.

(Then again, I'm not sure how much technical info one would need to properly size it :veryconfu)

GizmoDuck

As for the whole DCA exclusivity, I say give it a year or two after it opens and then there's a strong possibility of it coming here.

Disney has applied this technique many a times

Maybe 2014? :shrug:

adam_goodger

This has nothing to do with WDW.

We have Test Track, I'd like to get more info on that Kuka Incredibles for PP.

As a "Disney" fan I am pleased that you have posted this on here. I'm in the UK and the chances of me getting over to DL are slim but I will always read about new projects about the parks as they are new Disney technology and one that might influence an attraction at another resort. Thanks for posting, very much appreciated!!!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Even though I am not a big Cars fan...WOW. The scale and scope is awesome.

All that rockwork is going to be great...kinda reminds me of WRE.
Even, Im just catching up on the construction etc of this project. IMHO, this rock work project might give E:E a run for its money or even surpass it. I obviously would have to see full scale and not in concept/model scale. Im just looking at the scope of the rockwork, all the components involved and WOW.

Although, you might not be able to compare the two from a which one is better. It might not matter since they will both be breathe taking. :D

EPCOT Explorer

Even, Im just catching up on the construction etc of this project. IMHO, this rock work project might give E:E a run for its money or even surpass it. I obviously would have to see full scale and not in concept/model scale. Im just looking at the scope of the rockwork, all the components involved and WOW.

Although, you might not be able to compare the two from a which one is better. It might not matter since they will both be breathe taking.
:D

Strongly suspect that will be the case, seeing that E:E is quite detailed. :D

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Strongly suspect that will be the case, seeing that E:E is quite detailed. :D
:lol:... I called you Even. opps.

I know. I was just looking at the waterfall and bridge and the centerpiece rock work. Lets not compare, lets just admire them. Cant wait to see the final product. Im waiting till all of these changes have been made to visit DL for the first time.

EPCOT Explorer

:lol:... I called you Even. opps.

I know. I was just looking at the waterfall and bridge and the centerpiece rock work. Lets not compare, lets just admire them. Cant wait to see the final product. Im waiting till all of these changes have been made to visit DL for the first time.

Evan often ends up as Even, Kevin, Devin, I'm used to it.:dazzle::lol:

No problem...I have been called worse.:lookaroun:lol:

And same here...Trying for a 2012/13 visit for graduation. It would be great to see Disneyland with all of this.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Even though I am not a big Cars fan...WOW. The scale and scope is awesome.

All that rockwork is going to be great...kinda reminds me of WRE.

Yeah, I can't wait to see it either. Although now I may have to push my DL trip back a couple of years. Or else go more than once. :)

Disneyfanman

I can't wait for this one. I like TT and the technology behind it, but that's mostly for the exterior loop. Imagine if the inside stuff was exciting and fun instead of the test lab story.

Looking at the plans and leaked ride elements, I am so very excited for this attraction. And if it turns out as good as it looks, it could really change the "must see" aspect of DCA.

DCA would have Sorin', Tower of Terror, Screamin', the Bear Raft Ride, and Radiator Racers as E Tickets. Two Great D-tickets with Mermaid and Toy Story. And that incredible looking World of Color show.

Plus all the extra theming. DCA could really become a Must See park.

From the Ashes!

Andrew54

This addition is the only reason I am starting to consider a DL trip instead of a WDW trip. Its going to be incredible, assuming budget cuts dont mess it up too bad.

sponono88

with almost 6 acres of hand-carved rock (Carsland as a whole will be 12 acres) and peaks that reach 125+ feet, it will surely be an impressive sight. Radiator Springs Racers is considered the crown jewel of the DCA expansion and the most expensive addition.. at this point i'm not yet worried about any major budget cuts.

A few pictures from the D23 expo that show the intricate rockwork and other details

646560983_UR8xD-L.jpg

646559957_8gGM3-L.jpg

646560670_f3e8d-L.jpg

646564619_Lb8Hb-L.jpg

646560357_Hhxra-L.jpg

646559766_LbeJy-L.jpg

646556324_yQrDS-L.jpg

all pictures by MintCrocodile. See his full blog entry with bigger pictures and report from his D23 expo trip here.

More information about the ride and Carsland in general w/ additional pictures here

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom