Boma reviews and opinions????

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Original Poster
Seems to be 1 of the best restaurants on property, what have your experiences been like here:wave:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Never disappoints! Wide variety of different tastes to enjoy and enough standard items to keep any picky eater happy. Accomodating and knowledgable staff and fun surroundings. AND you get to finish off with Zebra Domes!

disneytopdog

I ate there for the first time this past December, It was by far the best meal of the entire trip, and is now a must do from now on.

I also found it funny watching all the adults eating off the kids buffet due to the fact that they left their sense of culinary adventure at the door.

tigsmom

We love this place and I have a picky family! What is great is that there is something for everyone, the more adventurous and the not so much. The herbs and spices are familiar, but not in the way we usually use them. Loved the salads, soups and the salmon as well as the chicken & ribs. And don't forget the zebra domes and all the other great desserts! :slurp:

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
Never disappoints! Wide variety of different tastes to enjoy and enough standard items to keep any picky eater happy. Accomodating and knowledgable staff and fun surroundings. AND you get to finish off with Zebra Domes!

Oh yeah, i cannot wait for Zebra Domes:sohappy:

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
I ate there for the first time this past December, It was by far the best meal of the entire trip, and is now a must do from now on.

I also found it funny watching all the adults eating off the kids buffet due to the fact that they left their sense of culinary adventure at the door.

Oh My God!! Who goes to Boma and then eats off the kids buffet!!! Makes no sense:shrug:

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
We love this place and I have a picky family! What is great is that there is something for everyone, the more adventurous and the not so much. They herbs and spices are familiar, but in the way we usually use them. Loved the salads, soups and the salmon as well as the chicken & ribs. And don't forget the zebra domes and all the other great desserts! :slurp:

Sounds like i wont go wrong at Boma

RiversideBunny

We may be among the few who don't care for Boma.
After hearing great things we went there for dinner.
Not impressed. Big, noisy, crowded, nothing special on the food selections.
Zebra domes are too sweet.

To put this into perspective, I eat almost anything (except meat loaf).
I am an adventurous food person. I like shushi, and Indian food, and escargot, and oysters on the half shell, and many exotic things.

:)

jakeman

We may be among the few who don't care for Boma.
After hearing great things we went there for dinner.
Not impressed. Big, noisy, crowded, nothing special on the food selections.
Zebra domes are too sweet.

To put this into perspective, I eat almost anything (except meat loaf).
I am an adventurous food person. I like shushi, and Indian food, and escargot, and many exotic things.

:)
I don't particularly dislike Boma, but I would prefer Tuskers. It is the same style of food, but, in my opinion, better.

Boma is good, it just wouldn't be my first choice for African inspired food.

WDW 3

I was not that impressed either. Huge and loud. It wasn't fun standing in line behind people that can't make up thier minds. Since everything was unique I would really liked to have gone back a lot and taken little samples of everything but that would have taken all night.

shipley731

We went to Boma for dinner about 3 years ago. Really enjoyed the food - especially all of the interesting things on the salad portion of the buffet. Husband and I tend to be fairly adventurous eaters & we enjoyed the offerings. Can't comment on zebra domes or other dessert as I didn't try any. (I don't generally eat dessert or sweets.)

The only drawback was the family that got seated next to us when we were about half way through the meal. Worst behaved kids ever! There were screaming, knocking stuff over on the table, throwing food on the ground. Parents just sat there & ordered more cocktails. Our server actually apologized to us for having to sit next to them. (We told her not to worry about it, she had nothing to do with the situation.) Because of that experience, we stick to Jiko now.

Pippa

I personally love Boma, had my birthday meal there in November. The food is unusual and interesting. I too find it hysterical that grown adults eat there and have mac and cheese! Insane!

CAPTAIN HOOK

I've only dined at breakfast time here. Its a lovely plcae with great atmosphere. The meal selection was enormous and very enjoyable. :slurp:

MattyFresh

I love everything about Boma....in fact the wife says its one of the most eats everytime we go back and she isn't a big fan of buffets.

We really enjoyed the many different types of hummas (sp?) they have there, and yes of course the zebra domes!!!

I say go try it, I find it hard to believe that someone can't find something that they like there.

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
I love everything about Boma....in fact the wife says its one of the most eats everytime we go back and she isn't a big fan of buffets.

We really enjoyed the many different types of hummas (sp?) they have there, and yes of course the zebra domes!!!

I say go try it, I find it hard to believe that someone can't find something that they like there.

Sounds Great, really cant wait to try this 1 :slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom