Cirque du Soleil LA NOUBA Changes

Otis T. Wren

Original Poster
It looks like Cirque du Soleil La Nouba will be having some changes coming its way. Carlos "Rokardy" Rodriguez Diaz's balance on chairs act will be leaving the show and will be replaced by Anthony Gatto's juggling act from Cirque du Soleil Kooza. A new song will also be accompanying the act. Tonight is actually the last night balance on chairs will perform with the show. The other change will most likely come later in the year where Bruce and Stacey Bilodeau's German wheel act will be replaced by a skipping ropes act from Japan. The same song used for the German wheel act will continue to accompany the skipping rope act.

slacker

I love the juggling act from Kooza! I think that sounds pretty great. I'm very happy I got to see the chair balance and german wheel one though, they were pretty epic!

imagineer boy

Aw, that's kinda too bad. I really liked the balancing chairs act and its music. But I'm interested in seeing what the juggling will be like and the new music.

EPCOTPluto

Interesting... I have never personally seen the show, but its music is wonderful. Hope the new acts would be just as interesting. :)

TheDisneyMagic

I like the idea that the are having slight changes here and there, have seen the current version 4 times over the years and it is nice to have something slightly different to draw us back again.

imagineer boy

I think it's good to change out some acts...but would prefer to have a totally new show.

I don't think Cirque has ever done any major replacements to any of its popular permanent shows. I think some act changes like this are a better idea because it keeps the show fresh, and I personally think La Nouba is one of Cirque's best shows and would hate to see it replaced.

donvincenzo

If this is true, I'm glad I saw it again last year, because I loved the German Wheel part. Don't know what exactly about it I liked, but I just found that part amazing...

dreamfinder

It looks like Cirque du Soleil La Nouba will be having some changes coming its way. Carlos "Rokardy" Rodriguez Diaz's balance on chairs act will be leaving the show and will be replaced by Anthony Gatto's juggling act from Cirque du Soleil Kooza. A new song will also be accompanying the act. Tonight is actually the last night balance on chairs will perform with the show. The other change will most likely come later in the year where Bruce and Stacey Bilodeau's German wheel act will be replaced by a skipping ropes act from Japan. The same song used for the German wheel act will continue to accompany the skipping rope act.

I thought one of the acts was different. The commericals show a quick shot of the balancing chairs, but we saw the juggling when we went at 6pm last Saturday. I thought they just had an extra act they cycled through to give the performers a break, didn't know they were swapping it completely.

harveyt0206

La Nouba was our very first Cirque show and we were hooked immediately. We have since had the opportunity to go to all of the Vegas versions as well as 3 of the traveling productions. We love it. I will be sad to see the changes but as someone else noted, it's probably needed to bring back repeat business.

Thanks for the info. Good to know.

imagineer boy

La Nouba was our very first Cirque show and we were hooked immediately. We have since had the opportunity to go to all of the Vegas versions as well as 3 of the traveling productions. We love it. I will be sad to see the changes but as someone else noted, it's probably needed to bring back repeat business.

Thanks for the info. Good to know.

Lucky you. Wouldn't ya know, right as I get interested in Cirque Du Soleil, not a single show is coming anywhere near where I live. :brick::lol:

Otis T. Wren

Original Poster
Lucky you. Wouldn't ya know, right as I get interested in Cirque Du Soleil, not a single show is coming anywhere near where I live. :brick::lol:

Looking at the dates for Alegrìa, it's going to be in St. Louis sometime at the beginning of May. It says TBA but the date right before it plays April 29.

Chicoutimi, QC Jan. 13 to Jan. 17, 2010
Detroit, MI Opens on February 04, 2010
Indianapolis, IN Opens on February 11, 2010
Austin, TX Opens on February 17, 2010
Frisco, TX Opens on February 24, 2010
Hoffman Estates, IL Opens on March 03, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA Opens on March 10, 2010
Champaign, IL Opens on March 17, 2010
Omaha, NE Opens on March 24, 2010
East Lansing, MI Opens on March 31, 2010
Cleveland, OH Opens on April 07, 2010
Highland Heights, KY Opens on April 29, 2010
St. Louis, MO Coming soon
Kansas City, MO Coming soon
Salt Lake City / West Valley City, UT Coming soon
Sacramento, CA Coming soon
Rio Rancho, NM Coming soon
Cypress, TX Coming soon
Saint Paul / Minneapolis, MN Coming soon
Toronto, ON Opens on June 30, 2010
Winnipeg, MB Opens on July 22, 2010
Regina, SK Opens on July 27, 2010
Saskatoon, SK Opens on August 04, 2010
Edmonton, AB Opens on August 11, 2010
Kelowna, BC Opens on August 25, 2010
Kamloops, BC Opens on September 01, 2010
Victoria, BC Opens on September 08, 2010
Tacoma, WA Coming soon
Spokane, Coming soon
Honolulu, HI Coming soon
Boise, ID Coming soon
Stockton, CA Coming soon
Phoenix / Glendale, AZ Coming soon
Tucson, AZ Coming soon
Portland, OR Coming soon
Oklahoma City, OK Coming soon

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom