So are we to assume that nothing new is coming to AK or Epcot until atleast 2014?

JustInTime

EE deserves E just on the structure. I don't think I'm ever going to sway you on this, but when you ride EE at night you'll love it. If

So, you claim nothing but are given info and give info.... so that just makes you ....er.... lucky????

That's why I said it was probable. SirGoofy, you seem like a rational guy, do you really think Figment would be more popular than 2 e-tickets and a jaw dropping volcano with expansion room inside for a restaurant? I must be going INSANE.

No worries! You are not insane. SirGoof has always been just a tad bit full of himself. :wave:

MiklCraw4d

"Almost as disappointed as Tony Baxter is with the current iteration of the Imagination ride at EPCOT; I asked him if it was on anyone’s radar at WDI and he replied cryptically that he didn’t think the pavilion was living up to its potential and that Figment wasn’t being used by Disney as well as he could be. So, at least they’re not satisfied with the status quo."

Something I forgot to mention in that article was that he pointed out that if you google "Figment" you'll immediately come up with thousands of hits about the character from the ride. Disney didn't invent the word or have a trademark on it, but the instant association of the word is with the Disney character. So he thinks there's a lot of demand out there for the character that's not being met. I also have high hopes because he brought it up himself when I mentioned EPCOT. :)

I should say here, as I'm saying everywhere, that I appreciate him taking the time to talk to briefly talk to me. I think things are really looking up at WDI.

The Conundrum

The very earliest WDW will see something new is 2011 and New Fantasyland is opening in 3 phases between 2012, 2013, and a yet unannounced date for the final phase (tinker bell)

hoke2007

Ah, but 20K at TDS really isn't an E ticket. More a D. And we won't be getting the full volcano if we get MI. It's been stated many times by Martin. Which is what really worries me, and brings the possible project down a peg in my eyes. And I think a superb E-tick dark ride, ala JII v1, HM, TLM, will always win out over anything else. More people able to ride=more popular.

IMO MI-Volcano< JII

I'd take Mysterious Island in a second over a re-imagined JII, and I think that 99.9% of the guests who visit WDW would agree with me.

misterID

I guess I'm that 0.01%

There's so much that can be done with Imagination, I mean the possibilities are endless for a incredible dark ride. The original was over 10 minutes long. With todays technology there's no telling what they'd do with it.

20k isn't what I'd call an E. And even Eddie Soto said he didn't consider Journey To The Center Of The Earth an E... Which is under 4 minutes long. Unless they expand it and retheme it completely, I'll take Imagination.

jonnyc

I'd take Mysterious Island in a second over a re-imagined JII, and I think that 99.9% of the guests who visit WDW would agree with me.

I would agree with you, but I don't think it would be such a landslide of opinion as you suggest. Can't we agree that we would actually like both? :p

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Take what you want, but Orlando was never getting Mysterious Island.

Atomicmickey

Hot dang. Good.

beastly Kingdom is still alive...?:p

Nah. HOOPLALAND.

Hooplaland will be built surrounding the WDW water treatment facility.
The specs/features that are known so far:

-Mysterious Island Cafe featuring Stitch

-New dark ride: The D&G express. You go in a dark room and a strobe
light flashes on an inert ball of fur.

-Soarin' over Chernobyl

-Darby O'Gill meet 'n greet

-The Carousel of Speculation

-A firework.

autigger

Considering that Toon Town Fair / Birthdayland is now going away and the Little Mermaid will get a HUGE presence in MK, it might make sense to completely rework and expand Animation Courtyard at DHS and build a full scale Toontown (like Disneyland, but bigger and with a focus on working animation).

ToonTown could work very nicely next door to Pixar Place.

DisneyMusician2

I think Toontown would be the best where the current backlot tour is now.

I would keep the effects demonstrations and maybe add some lighting, sound or cgi demonstrations as a stand-alone attraction.

Then have toontown with a few attractions where some of the drive-around space is now.

I don't know if this leaves enough room, but I'm sure someone with a map and a better head for topography than me could figure it out.

JustInTime

The very earliest WDW will see something new is 2011 and New Fantasyland is opening in 3 phases between 2012, 2013, and a yet unannounced date for the final phase (tinker bell)

Really? I thought Tink was the last phase and was opening in 2013. I must have been confused. I was thinking it would all (besides tink) by 2012.

FigmentJedi

I also have high hopes because he brought it up himself when I mentioned EPCOT. :)

Excellent!
picture.php

Atomicmickey

With Iger's dictum that they should be exploiting their characters across
all available media, I'd wonder about the possibility of a "Dreamfinder
and Figment" movie or TV show. Do that, change up the ride, and you've
got instant synergy.

Just an idea.

Studios Fan

Considering that Toon Town Fair / Birthdayland is now going away and the Little Mermaid will get a HUGE presence in MK, it might make sense to completely rework and expand Animation Courtyard at DHS and build a full scale Toontown (like Disneyland, but bigger and with a focus on working animation).

ToonTown could work very nicely next door to Pixar Place.

Completely agree. Hopefully we would get some more dark rides out of it as the park needs "family" dark rides drastically.

FigmentJedi

Sometimes I feel the same way about Journey v4.0...

Except there's a lot more scuttlebutt that they're going to do Imagination 4.0 compared to these Mysterious Island rumors that only really started a few months ago.

Don't worry, all will be well

Dinoman96

As I said before, I don't like how Disney is giving stuff to MK and DHS, while they leave Epcot and Animal Kingdom to face the wrath of Potter. On the subject on that, atleast Uni is giving some love to both of its parks (USF just got HRRR, and IOA is soon to get TWWOHP).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom