When time of day do you begin your trip?

Morning, noon or evening?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jmenjes

Mid-afternoon for me. I hop on the northbound train here at 9:00 am, arrive in Orlando about 2 pm, and arrive at my resort about 2:30.

EPCOT Explorer

Mid-afternoon for me. I hop on the northbound train here at 9:00 am, arrive in Orlando about 2 pm, and arrive at my resort about 2:30.

Heya...I'm in your area, and have often thought of taking the train. What's it like?:wave: Do you have to hire a taxi to get to WDW or your hotel?

Thanks.:)

Susan Savia

We drive and always leave home on a Friday, stay overnight in SC and arrive on Saturday, early afternoon. Unpack the car and head for EPCOT. Usually stay until dark then leave and go pick up some dinner before returning to our room. What a great arrival day!

Fantasmic

We get up 4am UK time for our 10:25 am flight (UK Time) to arrive in Orlando at around 1-2pm local time!

It's a long trip coming from England!

Future Guy

We're only 2-and-a-half hours away, so we usually leave the house about that amount of time before the park we're going to opens.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I usually fly Allegiant Air and it doesn't get into Orlando until late (10pm) so my 1st day is always a 'waste' but the flights are cheap!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We drive down and I try to be on the road between 4:00 and 5:00 AM. This gives us enough time for a breakfast stop, resort check in and be at the parks just before opening.

sbkline

There didn't seem to be an option for me on there. I prefer to get there anywhere from 9 AM to 11 AM, so as to have a full day there, but I'm not generally too interested in hitting the parks on that first day, no matter how early we arrive. I like to be able to unpack, get in the room and get settled in, then do leisurely things. Last year, we did a horseback ride at Ft Wilderness first thing, and the year before, we ran into Kissimmee and went to Walmart. Last year, we did go into the Magic Kingdom in the evening, but I'm not sure I want to do that again. I think I prefer to keep arrival day relegated to things such as on-property/non park activities, or off property things altogether, and save the parks for bright and early the next day.

greebomusic

We usually fly out between 10am and noon. 2 and a half hour flight and transportation to the resort gets us there in perfect time to check in, get a bite and hit a park for the evening.

YQY747

I fly out of home at 9 am, it an hour flight to my first stop in Halifax, I'm there for an hour then fly to Montreal, wait another hour and half, fly to Chicago, wait another hour, then fly to Orlando. I get there at 7:59 pm. Brutal eh? Just a minor detour to get to the best place in the world.

We have about an 8 hour drive to WDW..we quite often leave late morning and arrive early evening. We settle into our room, have a late dinner and make a plan for the following days, that way we can hit the parks when they open in the morning and be bright eyed and bushey tailed.

Tinkyroo

After driving 19 to 20 hrs. we get to the resort pretty late at night. So, we hit the parks the next morning well rested.

hnp929@optonlin

We always fly on the first flight out (around 7am).Then p/u the rental car and stop to eat at Denny's.Now we are ready to shop at publix.When we get to our resort it is around noon,if our room is ready we go and unpack.First stop is the pool.If the room is not ready then it is right to the park of my sons choice.

DisneyDavO

We usually fly in the night before and stay at a cheap Orlando hotel. This way we can check our bags in bright and early and head to the parks while our room is being made ready. This year we are still arriving at night, but were staying on property to get the extra meals on the dining plan. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom