Animal Kingdom expansion?

JustInTime

Australia has been thrown around few times. Maybe??

What a snooze. It would flow well, but what could they do with it?!?! Look at Kangaroos? Africa already exists...we don't need two. I really cant see how it could help the park. The park isn't missing Aussie Safari's and nature trails, it's missing genuine Disney-style rides. Bring in a new section with a walk-through, thrill ride and dark ride. That's what we need. Plus, there are not too many trees in Australia. How odd would it be to walk around lush-Animal Kingdom and the walk into a baron Outback. I tak backe what I said. It wouldn't flow well.

However, Australia would be cool in Epcot!

_Scar

If they put in Aus. then they'd probably put it between Asia and DL to transcend between the two with FN:tM in the middle, but I don't think they will. Australia doesn't have much and they know more people would be/are craving a little slice of TDS if presented.

I'd love to see an Up attraction somewhere....

max511

What a snooze. It would flow well, but what could they do with it?!?! Look at Kangaroos? Africa already exists...we don't need two. I really cant see how it could help the park. The park isn't missing Aussie Safari's and nature trails, it's missing genuine Disney-style rides. Bring in a new section with a walk-through, thrill ride and dark ride. That's what we need. Plus, there are not too many trees in Australia. How odd would it be to walk around lush-Animal Kingdom and the walk into a baron Outback. I tak backe what I said. It wouldn't flow well.

However, Australia would be cool in Epcot!

Just out of interest have you ever visited Australia? It's not all "baron outback" There's primary and secondry rain forest with a massive amount of unique fauna.
Do we not already walk around the lush Animal Kingdom then hop onto a truck for a trip around the African savahna (grass and scrub land - not too different from huge area's of the outback.)

misterID

I wouldn`t believe a CM like that, but there are plans in place for something very similar. It just needs the go ahead.

And it isn`t Beastly Kingdomme.

Is it Mysterious Island?

It's a good idea for a land, but I always thought it would fit much better in the Magic Kingdom. Right on top of the Speedway and right next to Tomorrowland.

NiarrNDisney

Honestly I would rather have South America featured somewhere near Africa with Rainforests and the Amazon as the main focus maybe have Incan or Mayan temples as backdrops to the animal exhibits.
I suppose if they were to build Australia that they would place it between Asia and DinoLand USA with Ayer's Rock as the centerpeice to the area, maybe even have underwater exhibits reminiscent of the Great Barrier Reef.
Either way if Mysterious Island is in the works it could work in either of these countries but that is all my personal wishful thinking.

krankenstein

If they put in Aus. then they'd probably put it between Asia and DL to transcend between the two with FN:tM in the middle, but I don't think they will. Australia doesn't have much and they know more people would be/are craving a little slice of TDS if presented.

No expansion plot there.

Minnie17

Love the Australia/south america ideas! Everest worked by incorporating mystery into an existing land, maybe similar things could be done within other realistic lands! 20 leagues could fit within an Australian great barrier reef theme?

Lord Pheonix

i dont know how old this pic is from google earth, but if you look up
28°21'44.15"N, 81°35'20.01"W, you will see what looks like a cleared area in the ne corner. although it doesnt look like its been active for a while, it doesnt look like a natural occurance. something was planned or is planned for here.

Just808

Hope it's True

I for one would like to see AK expanded. It is such a nice park with a great feel to it and there is always something to look at.

I would love to see a "land/country/continent" that focuses on the adventure of exploring or expeditions. The ride and attraction possibilities are endless, and throw in an Adventurers Club-type improv dinner show.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
i dont know how old this pic is from google earth, but if you look up
28°21'44.15"N, 81°35'20.01"W, you will see what looks like a cleared area in the ne corner. although it doesnt look like its been active for a while, it doesnt look like a natural occurance. something was planned or is planned for here.
That area was cleared during the initial construction of AK. Originally Kali was going to be considerably larger but it was scaled back before construction.

JustInTime

Just out of interest have you ever visited Australia? It's not all "baron outback" There's primary and secondry rain forest with a massive amount of unique fauna.
Do we not already walk around the lush Animal Kingdom then hop onto a truck for a trip around the African savahna (grass and scrub land - not too different from huge area's of the outback.)

I have never been. But they wouldn't make an Australian rainforest. Thats not what it's known for. BUT they gould do the Opera House in Epcot!

RSoxNo1

Australia has been thrown around few times. Maybe??

I agree that logically an Australia section would include the Theater in the Wild. Many feel that Finding Nemo The Musical can anchor a land on an attraction level, I would think it would need a dark ride or two to go along with it. They have Kangaroos and Wallabys in the park already. I feel they would need Koalas to anchor any walk through attraction.

Lord Pheonix

lol, iv been here since 2005 and only 20 posts.

i spend alot of time looking at ge looking for empty spaces at dw, there are alot more then ud realize by just walking around the parks. obviously the old 20k spot in mk is one, this was another. there are also 3 in world showcase. its a shame that these areas were overlooked due to the worldwide expansion of the theme parks, hkdl, tdl, etc. just think how much more would exist in dw and dl if these overseas parks didnt exist.

P.S. i just cant get used to the idea of real snow and 20 degree temps on main street. it was a pic i saw of tokyo disney or euro disney, something like that, on another site. i guess im just an old fashioned idealist, thinking the only disney is the parks we have here.

i have old old vids of mkfrom the 80s, as well as epcot from the opening year on this pc, hours of video. too bad i couldnt upload them somewhere......
you can all start the salivating now, lol

EPCOT Explorer

A version of...
:D

In actuality, I think I would rather have that than the original, despite my facilitation and love for it.

they can improve on it...;)
More than that!
Possibly not.
I DO hope it has a weenie, though, or SOMETHING big to look at....:eek:
Nah, it will focus on all of the MARVEL Super Creatures... and be called "Mysterious Marvel Island of Adventure"

:lookaroun
:brick::lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom