Monsters Inc Coaster and Radiator Springs confirmation?!

hokielutz

Is there really enough actual land space over in DHS to accomodate a Radiator Springe Rally type of attraction, assuming the OP's source is correct and LMA will stay in place with the addition of a Monster's Coaster. I would think that RSR (or whatever you want to name it) would be better suited for the MK to replace the Indy Speedway... with landscaping and retheming as a Mid-west race starting from the town of Radiator Springs...... granted this would absolutely have no place in 'Tomorrow Land,' but then again, neither does the currenty Indy track.

jt04

The individual said that the Radiator springs ride was located near LMA and the CARS LMA may empty into it as a special entrance.:shrug:

Sorry but the rumor loses all credibility with this post. There is no way, no how Disney would dump the LMA crowds into a RSR clone. I am afraid you have been scammed.

I highly doubt DHS will ever get RSR. I do believe it could get a mini "Carsland" however.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Is there really enough actual land space over in DHS to accomodate a Radiator Springe Rally type of attraction, assuming the OP's source is correct and LMA will stay in place with the addition of a Monster's Coaster. I would think that RSR (or whatever you want to name it) would be better suited for the MK to replace the Indy Speedway... with landscaping and retheming as a Mid-west race starting from the town of Radiator Springs...... granted this would absolutely have no place in 'Tomorrow Land,' but then again, neither does the currenty Indy track.
Yes, but the back lot tour and catastrophe canyon will have to go bye-bye. The monsters inc coaster will go inside the current sound stage one.

hokielutz

I guess... if they want to completely gut the service areas... and relocate the studio offices to another place on the property, then you could maybe expand the attractions to areas that you can only see via The Backlot tour, or on a special ticket back stage tour.

The problem I keep seeing is the Studios are hemmed in to the West by World Drive (completely unmoveable with hardly any buffer zone in the original construction), to the north by Buena-Vista Drive (another unmoveable roadway the park virtually butts up to), and then to the South and East, are the main access road to the park and Parking lots, respectively.

Looking at the map, I think it would have been a better choice for Disney to have the current footprint of the Studios moved about a quarter mile east, so the parking lots butt up close to Victory Way. That would leave the West Side of the part with a large buffer zone between it and World Drive which Disney could then expand into if necessary.

The Access road should have been routed further away from the park because at it is now configured, there would need to be a messy re-route of the road to take advantage of the only bit of viable real estate they have next to the park. Not to mention the irragation ditch would need to be rerouted as well... a task I am sure that is more expensive than moving a roadway.

I guess I see DHS as a park that was thrown up too quickly and in as small a space as possible to keep the costs down. Its very clostrophobic, especially when compared to the other three parks. I have enjoyed the attractions, especially since the ToT and RnRC additions, but it just seemes that it wasn't well thought out, and was built with only half of a Park's attractions. Yet they didn't leave much room to expand.

I know this is getting off subject, but I will now step down from my soapbox.

burninup4nick

I think a radiator springs ride sounds GREAT!!! Cars is one of my favorite movies!!! :)

and the monsters inc. coaster sounds pretty awesome as well....

thanks for the update :)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Is there really enough actual land space over in DHS to accomodate a Radiator Springe Rally type of attraction, assuming the OP's source is correct and LMA will stay in place with the addition of a Monster's Coaster.
Yes.

Enigma

Account Suspended
I am absoluetly 100% opposed to bringing Radiator Springs to Disney's Hollywood. It would be pure laziness to clone the attraction and would take away from the DCA rebirth. If you clone Little Mermaid and Radiator Springs after already clonning Soarin' DCA will not have any exclusive signature attractions.

Use the money and build something we haven't already seen. Something new and fresh.

xsupaxmanxsfnex

That all sounds really great. Of course a new coaster is always a plus the monster's inc door scene will be awesome. Radiator Springs sounds very exciting and since the last time I went on Sounds Dangerous was about 4 years ago, I like the sound of it finally going bye bye.

Figment632

Like the coaster idea but am not a big fan of cars so instead of bringing in RS Id like to see something Walle or Incredibles.

I would also like to see Buzz SRS (Udated with removeable guns and no flat 2d targets) and the laugh floor brought to Pixar Studios. Then instead of putting all new attractions in DHS get rid od Stich and put three new attractions in Tommorow Land. I dont think they would do this but it would a good idea as far as I am considered!

WDW1974

LMA is going nowhere despite it not being the attendance driver that Disney's 'leadership' team had hoped for when they imported it from Paris (where it is superior).

And while there's been talk of bringing RSRs to TPFKaTD-MGMS, that's really as far as it's gone.

Let's see if they can get Star Tours 2.0 open and the Monsters coaster and the rethemed kids play area ... and then you can worry about anything else at this park.

And to those worried about all the DCA clones, don't assume Mermaid is coming here yet ... because there's absolutely no solid foundation it is anything more than a solid idea that is on hold because of the economy and lack of leadership at TDO.

Animaniac93-98

WDW1974, whatever happened to that Nightmare Before X-Mas dark ride? Is it still floating around somewhere?

I'd rather not have RS, but ________ Tracy or The Rocketeer instead (I can dream just as much as anyone else). What about a Newsies street show on the NY set? (OK that's even further from being realistic)

Lee

Adventurer
And while there's been talk of bringing RSRs to TPFKaTD-MGMS, that's really as far as it's gone.
Yep. Slightly more than blue sky is all it is at this point. But...it's exactly the kind of concept that is likely to take hold easliy. The entire Backlot Tour area is slated to be an expansion area, so.......

Let's see if they can get Star Tours 2.0 open and the Monsters coaster and the rethemed kids play area ... and then you can worry about anything else at this park.
Truly. Those are items 1 and 2 on the agenda at DHS, and it'll be a while before both of those are done.

And to those worried about all the DCA clones, don't assume Mermaid is coming here yet ... because there's absolutely no solid foundation it is anything more than a solid idea that is on hold because of the economy and lack of leadership at TDO.
Kinda in the "on deck circle" awaiting funds. If the economy turns around sooner rather than later, and if attendence doesn't hit rock bottom....Mermaid will come. The suits want it.

WDW1974, whatever happened to that Nightmare Before X-Mas dark ride? Is it still floating around somewhere?
If I can answer for him....no. It's long gone. Never really got close.

kingslyZISSOU

I'd rather not have RS, but ________ Tracy or The Rocketeer instead (I can dream just as much as anyone else). What about a Newsies street show on the NY set? (OK that's even further from being realistic)

I really wish they would do something with all of those.

I know it won't happen, but who can stop my dreaming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom