Towel animals ?

stmize

Original Poster
I have rec'd numerous towel animals while visiting wdw, but I have never taken one home. I just read on the mom's panel that you can take them home. Has anyone else left them not knowing you could keep them. I'm sure my past Mousekeepers thought I didn't appreciate them. BUT I DID. greatly. I'll know better this time.

Raychul

I have never heard about being able to take them home with you. I would be too afraid that they would charge me for the missing towels. :)

Raven66

We did not take ours either. I really wasn't aware that we were allowed to take them. I took a picture of it and that was it. What I did tho was leave a note with the tip telling them how much we appreciated the towel animal they made.

PlutoFan4Ever

There is nothing that says you can not take them, and a lot of our Guest do. We have a lot of light duty cast members who just make them or roll towels for hand washing that they use in all Deluxe Resorts restrooms. When I worked at Pop Century, we even had magical moments where the Guest learned how to make towel art from the housekeeping team.

DisneyDellsDude

We've just taken a bunny home. They're very small, and he now just sits in our bathroom.:)
But after a few years, he has gotten dusty and is hard to clean.:(
He still looks good though!

Ilovewishes

I have a bee, a birdy and what looks like a mini peacock! My DH drew the line at the large bunny though! And I really wanted him! My three are sat in my bathroom!

We've been very lucky with our towel animals and usually get quite a few in our room! I just love them!

DisneyPirate85

WOW...we have numerous one's! Elephants birds Christmas wreaths etc...we ALWAYS leave a nice tip everyday ($5.00) and we usually always get them. HOWEVER at Christmas last year 2007 we got several everyday for a week on the next to last day we were there when we returned back to our room they were all gone except the wreath and candle holder :shrug: Mousekeeping had removed them all...

What hotel?

What hotel are you all getting these from? I've never had one made while I've stayed in the park. I've seen the pics though and I'd like to get one on my trip next month. Do they do this at ASMu? That is where I'll be staying?

I have been to Disney every year (22) and havent got one since i was about 7. In recent years my fiance and i have even tipped the HK staff halfway through the week and at the end. I wish i knew how to get one!!!

lilclerk

What hotel are you all getting these from? I've never had one made while I've stayed in the park. I've seen the pics though and I'd like to get one on my trip next month. Do they do this at ASMu? That is where I'll be staying?
I'm guessing it depends on the mousekeeping staff you happen to have. All I've ever gotten is the standard Mickey head when we first checked in last year. Didn't even get it this year though :shrug:

OneLuckyMom

We've never gotten any, despite healthy tips to housekeeping every day and lots of toys in the room (neatly organized however, so housekeeping didn't have to deal with them) indicating a young one was in it. :(

They've never even done an interesting "scene" with our stuffed animals!

I feel cheated....

dandaman

^The whole towel animal thing started as a little thing amongst Mousekeepers, but gradually people started expecting (nay, demanding) them in their rooms once they figured that they were entitiled to all extras on vacation. I simply recommend regarding the towel animals as an unexpected treat and not as a requirement. :wave:

Dabeast

towel animals

Although we never asked for them, we've had them in our room on every stay. On your next visit, leave a small note( with a couple of "George Washington's") for your mousekeeper, that you would like one, and hopefully they'll make one for you. Can't guarantee you'll get them, but it might be worth the try. We just returned 2 weeks ago, and my DW got a cool looking Teddy Bear for her birthday. Good Luck!!!

360rico1

We've never gotten any, despite healthy tips to housekeeping every day and lots of toys in the room (neatly organized however, so housekeeping didn't have to deal with them) indicating a young one was in it. :(

They've never even done an interesting "scene" with our stuffed animals!

I feel cheated....

yea you got cheated:veryconfu

The Mom

Premium Member
Sometimes we get them, sometimes we don't.

But, on our recent cruise through the Greek islands, we had one in our cabin every afternoon when we came back for lunch. They were huge, so we just took photos.

Good thing, because our steward would break them down and hang them in the bathroom during turndown. I suspect that we weren't supposed to keep them. ;)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Hmmm could I see a picture of one of these elusive(at least to me) towelimals! :)

Here are some from a few other threads about these "towelimals"!:lol:

I had quite a few made for me on my trip in May 2005...none during last year's trip.

Anyway...here they are...

A smiley face on the hand towel:

100_0443.jpg

toothbrush holder:

100_0528.jpg

bunnies:

100_0526.jpg

Mickey and Minnie:

100_0529.jpg

We stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort for 5 days and then Pop for 7 days last year. All our animals came from CBR. None from Pop. We're staying at Pop this time for the whole time. Hope we get some.

HPIM0822-small.jpg

HPIM0799-small.jpg

HPIM0693-small.jpg

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
a few more:

Here's the one that Fran talked about us getting on the Disney Magic back in 2000
2000emay13m.jpg

And we had this waiting for us on the second room we got at WL last month
2006ajan08zg.jpg

Not sure why these are showing up as links and not the pictures.

Our last mousekeeper at the POR was simply amazing!!

On a previous visit, we got a butterfly and a little duck, but this time, we hit the jackpot! We did tip every day, and had three rooms in our party, but we also took time to get to know her.

img1783ef5.jpg

img1784qq2.jpg

img1785ic5.jpg

img1786cr2.jpg

img1787fg4.jpg

img1846ce4.jpg

img1845cl1.jpg

freakman

I was in the pop in May...we got one everyday for the first 4 days and they got more complicated as the week went on. Everyone on my wing/floor had one in the window. I left 2 dollars everyday and my 5 year old daughter made a point of trying to see and play with the lady doing the housekeeping each day so I think she got a little extra!!!Very nice lady...Mid way through the week and she was replaced by a very rude male house keeper who did not change the sheets(I know my daughter got cheese on them), replace the cups and did not leave any more animals..my daughter cried when she came back to the room as she looked forward to them and got them the first 4 days

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom