Did I Really Just See That.....in Disney World?????

stitchrules223

This isn't really something I saw, but it is something that happened to me... it's pretty embarrassing...here goes:

One time, at the age of 16 (about 5 years ago), I rode the bus to DTD, during a summer trip. I was wearing one of those "handkerchief" tops, the ones that tie in the back in two spots, which you really can't wear that certain female undergarment with. Evidently, during the bus ride one of the strings in the back had started to come undone, and I was oblivious to this fact. For some reason I decided to get off of the bus at the front door of it, upon arriving at DTD. You know how sometimes when you're stepping off of the buses, there is that little "hop" that you do? Well, I did that, and ended up exposing the right side of my chest, because of the strings having been loosened. I didn't notice it for a few seconds, until I noticed an odd draft, and the fact that the line of about 8 college-age looking guys standing in line waiting to get on the bus were looking at me kinda funny...I looked down, quickly covered myself, and ran to a shaded area where I fixed my top. I was absolutely mortified, but now I laugh at it, and call myself a "Girl Gone Wild" at Disney. :p

mro415

I was waiting in line for fantasmic and there was a little girl about 4 and her mother in front of my boyfriend and i. We were waiting a long time so everyone was sitting down because we got there very early.

The little girl was running around and stepping on this one man in front of us and literally walking all over him. The mother payed no attention to her. He kept his cool the whole time without saying a word. The little girl then sneezed and her "boogers" so to speak, went ALL over the man. He then looked over to me and made a face because he didnt know what to say and he said to himself really low.. wow thats gross and wiped it off. The little girl turns to her mother and says, " MOM THAT MAN CALLED ME A NAME". The mother without even asking what happened lashed out on the man saying this is why they hate Disney because everyone here is low lifes, telling her daughter never to grow up like him. The man just stood there and took it from her. :cool: Lets just say Thank god i wasnt that poor man.

mro415

This isn't really something I saw, but it is something that happened to me... it's pretty embarrassing...here goes:

One time, at the age of 16 (about 5 years ago), I rode the bus to DTD, during a summer trip. I was wearing one of those "handkerchief" tops, the ones that tie in the back in two spots, which you really can't wear that certain female undergarment with. Evidently, during the bus ride one of the strings in the back had started to come undone, and I was oblivious to this fact. For some reason I decided to get off of the bus at the front door of it, upon arriving at DTD. You know how sometimes when you're stepping off of the buses, there is that little "hop" that you do? Well, I did that, and ended up exposing the right side of my chest, because of the strings having been loosened. I didn't notice it for a few seconds, until I noticed an odd draft, and the fact that the line of about 8 college-age looking guys standing in line waiting to get on the bus were looking at me kinda funny...I looked down, quickly covered myself, and ran to a shaded area where I fixed my top. I was absolutely mortified, but now I laugh at it, and call myself a "Girl Gone Wild" at Disney. :p

:lol::ROFLOL::lol:... I had one of those moments at blizzard beach.. People had to help me get my bathing suit back on.. very embarassing

xsupaxmanxsfnex

I was waiting in line for fantasmic and there was a little girl about 4 and her mother in front of my boyfriend and i. We were waiting a long time so everyone was sitting down because we got there very early.

The little girl was running around and stepping on this one man in front of us and literally walking all over him. The mother payed no attention to her. He kept his cool the whole time without saying a word. The little girl then sneezed and her "boogers" so to speak, went ALL over the man. He then looked over to me and made a face because he didnt know what to say and he said to himself really low.. wow thats gross and wiped it off. The little girl turns to her mother and says, " MOM THAT MAN CALLED ME A NAME". The mother without even asking what happened lashed out on the man saying this is why they hate Disney because everyone here is low lifes, telling her daughter never to grow up like him. The man just stood there and took it from her. :cool: Lets just say Thank god i wasnt that poor man.
No it's low life's like YOU that make scenes at Disney. There is nothing wrong with Disney, just you.:D Learn to be responsible and watch your kids.(I'm not talking to you, I am "talking" to the lady haha) I hate seeing that kind of stuff there. You pay all that money to get in and so did everyone else, the least you could do is respect the place.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

:eek: I know that had to be embarrassing, but thanks for the laugh this morning. :wave:

imamouse

What is wrong with some parents? I would never verbally attack/accuse a stranger of something w/o checking with my child of the specifics and asking the other person for their side of the story. Shesh!

jcat2312

Yes...and I will use my super powers to stop this and all of the breast feeders and all of the other menaces from destoying the magic at WDW. Ok really, I typed the wrong number. It was November '07, sorry for the mistake

It really bothers me to hear people say that breastfeeding "destroys" the magic of Disney and that people are mortified to see something so natural and wholesome happen as providing a child with nutrients. We have all read about plenty of abuse happening in WDW in this thread, it is shocking that some people concentrate on how bad it is to see a child being breastfed almost as much as seeing abuse happen.

As a mother who nurses an infant, I always try to nurse at home where the baby is most comfortable. There are times where she needs to be nursed in public. Those of us who have had babies know that they need to eat "NOW" and can't wait sometimes for us to spend 15 minutes finding a comfortable, secluded place. If I were to spend 15 minutes extra finding a place to nurse my DD at WDW, I would then get blasted for carrying around a hysterical infant and ruining someone's day with her very loud vocals.

It's just too bad that people see breastfeeding as something "vulgar" and "nasty" and not how good it is that a mother is providing her child with the best nutrients a child can receive

It really bothers me to hear people say that breastfeeding "destroys" the magic of Disney and that people are mortified to see something so natural and wholesome happen as providing a child with nutrients. We have all read about plenty of abuse happening in WDW in this thread, it is shocking that some people concentrate on how bad it is to see a child being breastfed almost as much as seeing abuse happen.

As a mother who nurses an infant, I always try to nurse at home where the baby is most comfortable. There are times where she needs to be nursed in public. Those of us who have had babies know that they need to eat "NOW" and can't wait sometimes for us to spend 15 minutes finding a comfortable, secluded place. If I were to spend 15 minutes extra finding a place to nurse my DD at WDW, I would then get blasted for carrying around a hysterical infant and ruining someone's day with her very loud vocals.

It's just too bad that people see breastfeeding as something "vulgar" and "nasty" and not how good it is that a mother is providing her child with the best nutrients a child can receive

sorry, to add to this...
i dont think they were being serious. i dont think anyone here is saying breastfeeding is vulgar or nasty. i think its more shocking than anything. most mothers are very private about it even in public places which really shouldnt offend anyone, its the mothers who just whip their tops off and latch on a kid and then get annoyed when people look, that upsets most people.

i mean technically waht you did to MAKE the kid was natural and beautiful but most people prefer that others be private about that as well.

WildLodgeFan

Just a quick comment about breastfeeding and why I think it becomes an issue. I think it's difficult for people to look at it in two minds. A breast is full of nourishment for a baby yes, but a breast is also a part of our sexual identity. It's hard for many to separate the two images, and especially for many men who have not been exposed to breast feeding in their lives and truly have the breast firmly fixed as a sexual object in their mind.

I have seen women both be discreet and indiscreet with breast feeding. It should never be an issue that a women should breast feed when she needs to, but nor does it it hurt for her to be considerate and discreet if possible.

FutureCEO

we were walking from Epcot to the Beach Club and we overheard this:

Father: Where's Johnny?

Son: In the bathroom

Father: Where?

HAHA. I started cracking up. I was like no, he's going to the bathroom in the grass outside the hotel.

Kath-n-me

By no means was I being serious in my previous post! There is nothing offensive ( to me) in any way about breastfeeding. If I offended you or anyone else by my comments, I apologise

This is one of my favorite stories from when I worked at Epcot a few years ago...

I was sweeping near the pin trading kiosk in a light drizzle. A man, probably in his early 50s, walked up to me.

"Excuse me, why is it raining?"

I got that one all the time, so I just explained that in Florida, it'll usually rain everyday for maybe 30 minutes, and not to worry, as it would clear up soon enough.

"No, no, I mean...why haven't you all put the dome up?"

"Excuse me?"

"The Epcot Dome. I was watching a special on the History Channel about Epcot, and it said you have a dome to go over the park when it's raining."

I certainly wasn't expecting that, so I had to fight back giggles when I told him that no, we don't have a dome.

He argued with me, insisting there was a dome. I spent nearly 5 minutes trying to convince the man that there was no such dome, but he wouldn't have any of it. So, I did the only thing I could. I glanced around the area, making sure there wasn't anyone listening to our conversation. I motioned the man to come closer.

"Sir," a said in a low voice, "The dome hasn't been used in nearly 10 years. We really aren't allowed to talk about it."

I took another quick glance around the area. No one was eavesdropping. I unclipped my radio from my side.

"However, I'm going to go ahead and call upper management. I'm going to see what I can do for you. And if the dome isn't up in a few minutes, please, do NOT talk to anyone about it."

I then left the man (who looked very satisfied by our conversation) and, while he could still see me (but couldn't hear me!) I called one of my coworkers, and with the most serious look on my face that I could muster, told her it was raining, and maybe she should grab her rain gear :lol:

cpeterstx

This is one of my favorite stories from when I worked at Epcot a few years ago...

I was sweeping near the pin trading kiosk in a light drizzle. A man, probably in his early 50s, walked up to me.

I got that one all the time, so I just explained that in Florida, it'll usually rain everyday for maybe 30 minutes, and not to worry, as it would clear up soon enough.

"Excuse me?"

"The Epcot Dome. I was watching a special on the History Channel about Epcot, and it said you have a dome to go over the park when it's raining."

I certainly wasn't expecting that, so I had to fight back giggles when I told him that no, we don't have a dome.

He argued with me, insisting there was a dome. I spent nearly 5 minutes trying to convince the man that there was no such dome, but he wouldn't have any of it. So, I did the only thing I could. I glanced around the area, making sure there wasn't anyone listening to our conversation. I motioned the man to come closer.

"Sir," a said in a low voice, "The dome hasn't been used in nearly 10 years. We really aren't allowed to talk about it."

I took another quick glance around the area. No one was eavesdropping. I unclipped my radio from my side.

"However, I'm going to go ahead and call upper management. I'm going to see what I can do for you. And if the dome isn't up in a few minutes, please, do NOT talk to anyone about it."

I then left the man (who looked very satisfied by our conversation) and, while he could still see me (but couldn't hear me!) I called one of my coworkers, and with the most serious look on my face that I could muster, told her it was raining, and maybe she should grab her rain gear :lol:

This is one of the many reasons that I love Disney. Cast Members are absolutely some of the cleverest people!!! This is great! :lol:

WildLodgeFan

"Excuse me?"

:ROFLOL:What an absolute riot! It's funny how we watch shows and talk on boards and think we are instant experts.

devoy1701

Looks like we're about out of OMG comments about wdw, so I'll comment on the other subject of the thread.

there are many things that are "wholesome and natural" that shouldn't be done out in public...relieving yourself and love making are in that list and so should breast feeding. If it involves a "private part" of your body that you normally wouldn't think of showing in a public place, why would anyone thing that just because you're breast feeding that it's suddenly ok? Take an extra 10 minutes to walk to the feeding room...or if the baby REALLY can't wait, find a discreet location...but waiting 10 minutes isn't gonna kill your baby! Give em a pacifier for the time being. Feeding your baby on a park bench in the hub infront of the castle is inappropriate and selfish imho... yes there are little kids around who do not need to know about that yet and parents who don't need to be explaining that yet. Not to mention plain adults like me who just don't want to see that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom