If I go to WDW, can I order Ratatouille anywhere like the movie?

CThaddeus

Disney hasn't yet been able to train any rats to do it ala Remy, so no.

The closest I think you'll find is at Chefs de France:

Ratatouille et Calamars, Sauce Tomate $10.75
-fried calamari and ratatouille, spicy tomato sauce

WV_Jayola

Actually, it is available at the Crystal Palace in the MK. Or at least it was last September when I ate there.

jeff.

shmmrname

The plate in that movie just looked perfect. It would be a great tool for parents (I imagine) to get their kids to try something other than McDonald's.

DisneyMusician2

The plate in that movie just looked perfect. It would be a great tool for parents (I imagine) to get their kids to try something other than McDonald's.

There's something other than McDonalds?!?:eek:

Oh, you must mean like Burger King. My mom could never get me to try Burger King.

:)

daliseurat

I've actually MADE the exact dish from the movie from the real recipe. And yes, I did it with all those thin slices. Much better than regular ratatouille. I couldn't plate it quite as well, but pretty close. Anyone want the recipe?

RiversideBunny

It was not on the menu at Les Chefs de France in December.

I think it is considered a peasant dish.

That's sort of like the time that I went to Milan, Italy and my hosts there took us out to eat for several days.
As I was leaving I said, 'By the way, I never had any polenta. It's a favorite of mine.'
The reply was, 'You have to go to the cheaper restaurants for that'.

:)

daliseurat

The recipe is from renowned Chef Thomas Keller. He actually consulted on the movie and created this version of the dish for it. He is the Chef and I believe owner of THE FRENCH LAUNDRY in Napa, CA. Good luck trying to get a reservation, and be prepared to pay a ton of money. But...he's worth it. Here's his recipe, which is easier to make than it sounds, but is very TIME CONSUMING.

Thomas Keller's Ratatouille
Serves 4

For piperade (SAUCE):

1/2 red pepper, seeds and ribs removed
1/2 yellow pepper, seeds and ribs removed
1/2 orange pepper, seeds and ribs removed
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 cup finely diced yellow onion
3 tomatoes (about 12 ounces total weight), peeled, seeded and finely diced, juices reserved
1 sprig thyme
1 sprig flat-leaf parsley
1/2 bay leaf
Kosher salt

For vegetables:

1 zucchini (4 to 5 ounces) sliced in 1/16-inch rounds
1 Japanese eggplant, (4 to 5 ounces) sliced into 1/16-inch rounds
1 yellow squash (4 to 5 ounces) sliced into 1/16-inch rounds
4 Roma tomatoes, sliced into 1/16-inch rounds
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/8 teaspoon thyme leaves
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

For vinaigrette:

1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
Assorted fresh herbs (thyme flowers, chervil, thyme)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

To make piperade:

Heat oven to 450 degrees. Place pepper halves on a foil-lined sheet, cut side down. Roast until skin loosens, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let rest until cool enough to handle. Peel and chop finely.

Combine oil, garlic and onion in medium skillet and cook over low heat on stovetop until very soft but not browned, about 8 minutes. Add tomatoes, their juices, thyme, parsley and bay leaf. Simmer over low heat until very soft and very little liquid remains, about 10 minutes, do not brown; add peppers and simmer to soften them. Season to taste with salt and discard herbs. Reserve 1 tablespoon of mixture and spread remainder in bottom of an 8-inch ovenproof skillet.

To prepare vegetables:

Heat oven to 275 degrees. In center of skillet arrange 8 alternating slices of vegetables, 2 each of zucchini, eggplant, squash and tomatoes, over piperade, overlapping in a circle so that 1/4 inch of each slice is exposed. Continue alternating and overlapping vegetables in close spiral that lets slices mound slightly in center. Repeat until pan is filled; all vegetables may not be needed.

Mix garlic, oil and thyme leaves in bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle over vegetables. Cover skillet with foil and crimp edges to seal well. Bake until vegetables are tender when tested with a paring knife, about 2 hours. Uncover and bake for 30 minutes more. (Lightly cover with foil if it starts to brown.) If there is excess liquid in pan, place over medium heat on stove until reduced. (At this point it may be cooled, covered and refrigerated for up to 2 days. If desired, reheat in 350-degree oven until warm.)

To make vinaigrette:

Combine reserved piperade, oil, vinegar, herbs, and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl.

To serve:

Heat broiler and place byaldi underneath until lightly browned. Cut in quarters and very carefully lift one quarter onto plate with offset spatula. Turn spatula 90 degrees, guiding byaldi into fan shape. Drizzle vinaigrette around plate.

ENJOY!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom