Christmas Village Displays

Tramp

Dept 56 - 2006

I have a fairly large collection and I weave one of my 1950s trains thru it.

[flash=http://i35.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid35.photobucket.com/albums/d165/tramparoo/MVI_0026.flv]quality=high width=448 height=361 parameter=parameter_value[/flash]

Tramp

LOVE it Tramp! How amazing:)

Hiya Carla...:kiss:

So nice to see ya.

I have two large collections...Christmas in the City and The North Pole collection and I alternate them each year. I had to stop buying the darn things cuz, as you know, they take a lot of storage space.

Be well. :kiss:

Here are two pictures from last Christmas....Christmas in the City

562.jpg

561.jpg

surfsupdon

Our villages go underneath the tree with our old 1950s style Lionel train running around the perimeter.

My collection is the Dickens Village complete with the A Christmas Carol section.

My parents collection is Christmas in the City.

My sisters collection is North Pole.

All together, we have 64 individual light up structures beneath the tree. Each year I go crazy setting it up. And each year it has a different layout. It's fun for me.

TRAMP--i see your rotation Santa, Up Up and Away. Unfortunately ours has stopped rotating as the bearings have gotten stripped. Have you run into this problem and gotten it fixed? We cannot find this product for sale any longer....

Tramp

Our villages go underneath the tree with our old 1950s style Lionel train running around the perimeter.

TRAMP--i see your rotation Santa, Up Up and Away. Unfortunately ours has stopped rotating as the bearings have gotten stripped. Have you run into this problem and gotten it fixed? We cannot find this product for sale any longer....

Hi :wave:

No...haven't run into that problem yet. I've had it for about 8 years and I use it every year no matter which village I build. There must be a secondary market you could find one...have ya tried Ebay? check this out:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Dept-56-Christm...oryZ4033QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Aren't the old Lionel trains great...I have two sets I got as a kid at Christmas. I think my Dad got them for himself at the time. I have some great memories of him...and the trains still run like new.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
I have a fairly large collection and I weave one of my 1950s trains thru it.

[flash=http://i35.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid35.photobucket.com/albums/d165/tramparoo/MVI_0026.flv]quality=high width=448 height=361 parameter=parameter_value[/flash]

Here are two pictures from last Christmas....Christmas in the City

562.jpg

561.jpg

Very impressive setup, Tramp! Very very cool! *drool* :sohappy:

*is jealous* :lol::eek:

surfsupdon

Hey Tramp

Ours was gotten in the late 90s and unfortunately doesn't work. I did buy the piece off of eBay. It was my first eBay purchase ever. Cannot wait to get Santa flying again (our last two Christmases he was stagnant.)

Thanks for the help.

happymom52003

Original Poster
Beautiful display, Tramp! But for some reason I cant see the first picture...only the second two.:veryconfu
Surfsupdon......my rotating Santa stopped working too. :(

NadieMasK2

I have a village dilemma.

I have started the Dickens series, but now I think I want to change to another one, I don't remember the name, but it has the Mickey Mouse watch factory and some other cute ones. It's more of a fantasy/cutesy look rather than the realistic look of Dickens.

I guess I could sell what I have on ebay, but they were gifts from my DH' family and they would definitely ask where they were, and also they would be annoyed that I changed my mind.

Advice anyone?

happymom52003

Original Poster
I have a village dilemma.

I have started the Dickens series, but now I think I want to change to another one, I don't remember the name, but it has the Mickey Mouse watch factory and some other cute ones. It's more of a fantasy/cutesy look rather than the realistic look of Dickens.

I guess I could sell what I have on ebay, but they were gifts from my DH' family and they would definitely ask where they were, and also they would be annoyed that I changed my mind.

Advice anyone?

I actually had the same problem. I collected Snow Village, but then really started liking the North Pole (I think that might be the one you like too).
So I just collect both now! How many Dickens pieces do you have? If you only have a few, you could do a smaller display on a table or shelf, etc...Even one or two bulidings can make a nice little display for a smaller space.
I do a large display with my Snow Village on a special table my husband built for it, but since I do not have very many North Pole pieces I am putting them on top of my piano this year. A couple of years ago I actually combined the two villages....had the North Pole on one end of the table. But that probably would not work for you since Dickens and North Pole are so different. Do you have kids? Kids really like the North Pole....you could use that as an excuse for wanting to change. But even if you do not have kids, just show your excitement over the new style you want to collect....you could tell your family that you really like the Dickens too, but you also want something more whimsical.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom