Nye @ Mk

DME

I plan on being at the Magic Kingdom on New Years Eve. Anyone been there for it? I expect it the be crazy crowded and for the park to close due to capacity very early in the day. I assume if I get there at park opening I should be safe to actually get into the park. Anyone agree/disagree?

rainfully

From the thread title, I thought it was going to be an announcement about Bill Nye the Science Guy making an appearance at Magic Kingdom... and I got REALLY excited. :ROFLOL:

But yeah... definitely get there at park opening. It will absolutely be crowded. Good luck!!!

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

I thought this Thread was going to be about Bill Nye making an appearance at MK....Whoda Thunk? :shrug: :veryconfu

I thought the same thing. ;)

From the thread title, I thought it was going to be an announcement about Bill Nye the Science Guy making an appearance at Magic Kingdom... and I got REALLY excited. :ROFLOL:

But yeah... definitely get there at park opening. It will absolutely be crowded. Good luck!!!

I thought it was about Bill too. Dang i was excited for a second.

I thought the same thing... :lol:

Upvote 0

devoy1701

talk about showing the love for Bill!!! Didn't realize he had so many fans! He's half the reason I love Ellen's Energy Adventure!!!

Ellen's the other half!

:D

Upvote 0

MissM

I guess I'm the only one who didn't think of anything but New Year's Eve. *shrugs*

I did it. A few years back. It's insane. You have to be VERY, VERY patient. You will be shoved, pushed, stepped on, hit with strollers, wait, wait, wait and wait some more the entire day. Everything will take an extremely loooooong time to accomplish and generally speaking you won't be riding many - if any - rides. It's a very long day.

That said, if you're patient and you're looking to enjoy one of those "once in a lifetime" type moments of being in a cool place at a cool time, it's neat to have done. I honestly can't say I'd ever do it again, but I'm glad I did it once. You need to yes, get there early and not leave. It took us about 1.5 hours to get in, parked, through the gates and actually into the park. They ran buses to and from the TTC that morning and evening to help with the extreme burden on the monorail and ferries. If possible, I'd try for one of them as it was much quicker than the other two options at the end of the night.

They're a few years old now, but you're welcome to check out my pictures from when we went.

Have fun! (And sleep in the next day. You'll need it!)
-m

Upvote 0

Hotdogs

Last year we went in MK and followed the crowd all way round the park as you couldnt turn round, we had to get out, in the end we went to MGM and had a great night there, they have a firework show there at midnight that lasts about 30mins we watched it from new york street with the osborne family light show going on, not too crowded but a great atmosphere.

Upvote 0

DME

Original Poster
My Gosh - How easy it is to jump topics. I guess I should have put New Years Eve @ MK. Sorry for the confusion.

So, MK is too crowded? Does anyone know what each park does for New Years? Does Epcot do anything special?

Upvote 0

Captain Hank

My personal opinion:

Stay far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far away from MK. It's insanely crazy. However, if you do decide to go, getting there early should get you in with no problem. MK shouldn't hit phase closings until 10:00 am or so. And then, if you're a resort guest, you won't have a problem getting in up until phase 4. But, it'll still be crazy.

Epcot is just as crowded (actually moreso), but its huge size doesn't make it quite as bad. It's still the most crowded day of the year.

There are some pretty spectacular fireworks displays during NYE, especially at Epcot, where each pavilion has its own mini fireworks display, plus the mega-huge grand finale tag.

Upvote 0

mrerk

Premium Member
Nye@MK = Bill Nye at the Magic Kingdom

NYE@MK = New Years Eve at the Magic Kingdom

Now, to answer your question. All the parks are amazing on NYE. If you are going for the atmosphere or to be in a really cool place at a really cool time, then go for it. If you are going expecting to actually see or ride anything go some other time.

Upvote 0

MissM

How'd you manage to get that out of "Nye @ MK"
Um, it's not like it's confusing or anything. It's the trip planning forum after all.

*shrugs*

Just seemed rather annoying that two dozen people posted "ha I misread!" but no one was offering to actually answer the real question. Either way, as soon as you open the thread, it's clear what it's about, so again, it's really not some huge mystery.

*shrugs again*
-m

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom