WDW Picture of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverboyd

MagicKingdom064.jpg

raven

Flower & Garden Festival - Flower Power Concert at America Gardens Theater - Herman's Hermits with Peter Noone

565732872_fd8064937b_b.jpg

I was there for that!...I mean, I didn't go into the theatre but walked by when he was playing. But I had an agenda and he just wasn't on it. :kiss:

disney9752

The far left beam is for the service "pull engine", it is powered by gas, so if the electricity on the lines goes then it can pull a train back to the roundhouse. Only 10 monorails are housed in the roundhouse. When Disney used the IVs (the old model) they only had 10 trains but eventually ordered 12 when they got the VIs (the current model). If there is a Hurricane, then the other two trains would be stored inside the Contemporary with the Hurricane doors shut.

its also used if a train "breaks down", have only seen it used a couple times, always know there is trouble if u see it out on the beams.:cool:

also if u look most nights one train is parked at contemporary over night & other is at ttc, somenights, race times both will be parked at same spot, being numbers 11 & 12 that dont fit in the roundhouse.

gettingsmaller

let's see if this will work... (first time to post pic)
This is from our April 2005 trip. That's my daughter--5 yrs old at the time. When I took it, I didn't realize that the guy playing the piano was looking at the camera in the mirror--cool! Thanks, piano guy!
Weeda-dis1023.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom