What is the worst Disney job?

iheartdisney91

cleaning the toilets near a resturant.:lookaroun

or being a maid.... it wouldnt be a good time.

^ the great movie ride. you need to know alot of info, and need alot of energy i'd say

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I would have to agree that parking lot attendant would be the worst job...I mean have you ever parked at a resort? People turn into retards when they are told where to go in a car. Its like herding a bunch of sheep...

My friend Paul did parking on his CP and absolutely LOVED it. Got to be outside and all that.

Yellow Shoes

I've heard here that being the CM at Fast Pass merge points is tough--especially on Space Mountain.

Let's imagine for a moment trying to explain to a "guest" who is screaming for your head on a platter why those people can get on before his family.

I've always thought that Indy Speedway was absolutely THE WORST. It's hot, noisy, and smelly, not to mention plain old hard work stopping those cars.

I think outside food carts must be awful before fireworks or a parade. I remember the popcorn cart in the hub being absolutely slammed before the MNSSHP fireworks.

Tom Morrow

I took breaks when I wanted, and worked at my own leisure. This upcoming semester I've been cast as an "operations" cast member. But I have a feeling I will be begging them to give me my custodian job back.
Depends on the work location you get. Operations can be a blast, or torture. Or both.
People turn into retards when they are told where to go in a car. Its like herding a bunch of sheep...
Correction: people turn into idiotswhen they enter Walt Disney World. :)
What ride would be the toughest to work on?
Tomorrowland Indy Speedway:

- No shade, anywhere
- If you are scheduled there, that is the only location you work for that entire shift.
- No air conditioning, anywhere
- outside on hot black asphault all day
- surrounded by hot gas fumes all day
- enduring un-muffled go-cart engine noises amplified by the pavement and walls all day (20 go-carts in one spot becomes really loud!)
- 8 out of the 12 positions consist of walking up and down the loading track saying "no bumping!" and making sure people don't take off and crash into each other
- Unlike all other attractions, stopping the vehicles is entirely up to the guest. And we all know how guests often behave.
- More injuries than any other WDW ride, both guests and cast members
- Cars breaking down and stalling all the time, often having to be manually pushed off.
- It is too noisy for any real guest interaction.

All this, and I made it out alive! However, I did lose a lot of weight. The only plus side was that you're allowed to take frequent breaks, unlike all other attractions. But, under the conditions the CMs there work in, they should get compensation pay for it. But they don't.

I've heard Great Movie Ride is pretty easy, once you memorize the spiel. But some people just can't learn the spiel. so a lot of people don't make it.

Lindsy1052

It's not the people making the reservations that make it stressful, they are usually wonderful to work with. It's management and how they treat the employees that make it bad.

Lindsy1052

Really? That's disappointing news. I was hoping to work at DRC when I move back to FL. Feel free to PM me to elaborate why it's so bad - I'm curious.

They had a class finish training, hit the floor, work for 1/2 hour and they all got up and walked out. Stress is just not worth it.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
- If you are scheduled there, that is the only location you work for that entire shift.
- No air conditioning, anywhere
- outside on hot black asphault all day
- surrounded by hot gas fumes all day
- enduring un-muffled go-cart engine noises amplified by the pavement and walls all day (20 go-carts in one spot becomes really loud!)
- 8 out of the 12 positions consist of walking up and down the loading track saying "no bumping!" and making sure people don't take off and crash into each other
- Unlike all other attractions, stopping the vehicles is entirely up to the guest. And we all know how guests often behave.
- More injuries than any other WDW ride, both guests and cast members
- Cars breaking down and stalling all the time, often having to be manually pushed off.
- It is too noisy for any real guest interaction.
And how many more reasons do we need to re purpose the plot of land!

Nic4Mick

I'd have to say that custodial duties would have to be the worst.

Actually, custodial is one of the best jobs to have, I think. You have a lot of freedom - walking around the park, talking to guests all day, rather than being restricted to the same spot every day. During my CP, my roomates (1 worked in an arcade, 1 in costuming) constantly told me they were jealous of my job! Also, after spending so much time in the heat, going inside to clean a restroom is a nice break every now and again!

I think quick service f&b, guests relations and resort front desk must be pretty tough. On a more personal note, I don't think I could stand working on IASW or JIYI lol!

figmentmom

I love working at IASW every summer! :lol: (Of course, I don't do it all year long...that might be a bit different...:lookaroun ) The only part of my summer job I don't like is stroller duty.

PaisleyMF

When I moved to Florida i started working on Casey's Corner. And I will tell that was really bad. All the fryers and ovens, and the fast pace when in lunch time.

Now strollers at MK is pretty pretty bad. There are so many positions. And when you are in the Stroller storage is the worst (I almost fainted 3 times because of the heat).

Now a positive point of that location at certain times, Breeze way duty. You can interact with the guest and Watch the parades and the fireworks, the madness afterwards is crazy. And from time to time you get to ride a tow a ECV all the way to Splash or Toon Town in the middle of a Parade.

:brick:

Rabflmom

I think it starts when they get off the plane. For some it starts much earlier than that.:rolleyes:

Don't think you even have to get to Orlando on a plane to get the "I am entitled to........because I am paying big money to be here" syndrome that a lot of guests have. Plenty of Floridians in that boat, too.

I think being a parking lot attendant would be one of the hardest jobs to do. Hot, hot, hot during the summer with virtually no shade. Then when for example, the water parks have to close at capacity you have to turn cars away. Not everyone is the happy camper when they are told to turn their cars around and head out of the parking lot. Then if there is a backup of cars that spill out into the road, you hear from Orange County about not getting the cars moving and off the road. I know of one incident when a driver literally backed into a CM and when he realized he had hit the CMs bike he continued to back up until a deputy threatened him with reckless driving charge,

Also being a lifeguard can be exhausting and difficult. Hours during the summer are often 12 hour days. They seem to have to rescue an awful lot of people at the Disney parks compared to others I have been at. They have to put up with people not wanting to go by the rules which are set up by slide companies for safety. Then in life threatening situations they have to work on the guest to often times keep them alive. It must be rewarding when you know your efforts worked but so depressing when in spite of your efforts someone doesn't make it. ( not meaning drowning cause I don't think that has ever happened but more medical situations that occur because of the heat like heat stroke or heart attacks etc)

Shrike

Actually, custodial is one of the best jobs to have, I think. You have a lot of freedom - walking around the park, talking to guests all day, rather than being restricted to the same spot every day. During my CP, my roomates (1 worked in an arcade, 1 in costuming) constantly told me they were jealous of my job! Also, after spending so much time in the heat, going inside to clean a restroom is a nice break every now and again!

I think quick service f&b, guests relations and resort front desk must be pretty tough. On a more personal note, I don't think I could stand working on IASW or JIYI lol!

When I worked at Disneyland some years ago, custodial sweeper was easily one of the toughest departments to transfer into, and nobody was hired directly into it. There was literally never an opening, and for the reasons you listed above.

My friends in merchandising and attractions were all jealous that I got one of the coveted sweeper slots my second summer.

Of course, the weather in Florida is awful compared to that of Southern California, but I still think that being a sweeper has to be better than all but a handful of frontline CM positions at WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom