MK busses are live with new system

Fantasia freak

Original Poster
Disney changed their plans, and instead of going live at studios next, like they said on all the info sheets they gave us, MK went live with the new system friday. Fort Wilderness went live on Wed. ( I honestly think it's because the good busses have the system running and if MK was last, then only the worst of the fleet would be at MK for two weeks, and somebody complained enough). so now all the junk busses are at MGM and AK untill all the busses are live, which is now said have been pushed up to next week, instead of the end of june. So now, if you're on the bus long enough, you can hear "it's a small world", "yo ho yo ho, a pirate's life for me" grim grinning ghosts", and even " Zip-a-dee-do-dah". its on a 1 hour loop that always starts with "when you wish upon a star".

Craig & Lisa

Great!! We'll be there at the end of June, have to drive :cry: . By the way, how have the temps been? Never been there in July, so I could get an idea of what we're in for.

Kadee

Cool! Can't wait to experience the new system! (Whenever that may be :cry: )

Great!! We'll be there at the end of June, have to drive :cry: . By the way, how have the temps been? Never been there in July, so I could get an idea of what we're in for.

We were there last July and it was horrendously hot! Hopefully, you will get somewhat of a break. I live on the coast of Alabama (yes, we have a coastline:lol: ) and the temps are a little cooler than normal for the end of May. Our weather is pretty comparable to WDW's. Same humidity :brick: and only slightly lower temps here (5 degrees F at most). Hopefully for you, they will remain a little cooler. A few days ago, it was cooler in Orlando than here.

Craig & Lisa

Cool! Can't wait to experience the new system! (Whenever that may be :cry: )

We were there last July and it was horrendously hot! Hopefully, you will get somewhat of a break. I live on the coast of Alabama (yes, we have a coastline:lol: ) and the temps are a little cooler than normal for the end of May. Our weather is pretty comparable to WDW's. Same humidity :brick: and only slightly lower temps here (5 degrees F at most). Hopefully for you, they will remain a little cooler. A few days ago, it was cooler in Orlando than here.

We've been there in August, and the humidty was high. And my problem is I've got over active glands, so I sweat like there's no tomorrow, ( thanks mom and dad ). One time we were waiting outside BB, and the CM noticed that I was alittle wet, she said how did you get in the water, I comented about the weather, she just smiled.

uklad79

Is Fort Wilderness the only resort live at the moment? What's the plans for bringing the other resorts online? I would think that would take some time with so many of them.

jessfriends

We usually go mid to late July. It is really hot, but I love it! :cool: I think last year the highs were late 80s to mid 90s with humidity. Just carry a water bottle and keep filling it up. When you feel really hot just go on an indoor ride. We like to do the Hall of Presidents, CoP, SSE, ToT etc. when we need an air conditioning break. Also you can go into a shop for a bit to cool down. It always seems to work out for us. Have fun! :)

jcldtrek

when i went the week of may 13th, towards thurs and fri of that week the buses we were on were playing regular music. the resort was pop century. sometimes when we were picked up at the resort or park the bus would play a spiel, like on the monorail telling you were your going etc. was interesting.

rdour@techminds

Do the busses have an outside speaker? If so, what does it say?

I hope it is something like "This is a bus to the Magic Kingdom." Possibly right when the doors open.

the-reason14

Me and my dad have been going alot on different months throughout the years, but our annual trip with the entrie family is always in July, its been that way since 1993, and it is usually always very very hot and rainy, but I do like the weather that way though, where there are always some showers during the day, it makes for a good time to try and ride the rides people wont normally try to ride or go to in the rain.

svickersart

We've been there in August, and the humidty was high. And my problem is I've got over active glands, so I sweat like there's no tomorrow, ( thanks mom and dad ). One time we were waiting outside BB, and the CM noticed that I was alittle wet, she said how did you get in the water, I comented about the weather, she just smiled.

I was there last August, 96 degrees and about 80% humidity, I had a lady at AK ask me where the water ride was so I pointed her in the right direction. She then asked me if I got "that wet" on the water ride. I hadnt ridden it that day.
Steve

lentesta

Premium Member
I'm heading down in a couple of weeks. What specificially should I be looking for on the new and improved buses?

Thanks very much for the help.

Len

XSTech

If you listen to my latest podcast (show #112), near the end I play a couple of voice mails that were called in by someone riding a bus to the Magic Kingdom and then later riding a bus to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It's at the 1:06:44 mark in the show.

You can hear the type of custom announcements they make, along with the custom music based on your destination.

It sounds like a really excellent system. I hope they do something similar with the monorails.

jcldtrek

there's actually no way to tell what bus is improved on , on the outside. they all have the new system installed. which driver uses it is another story.

Rob562

Don't they have to use it? :veryconfu

I think the comment was more in reference to the fact that the system is being brought online a little at a time. As the first poster said, they're adding about one park per week, and that Downtown Disney, Fort Wilderness (I assume they're referring to the internal shuttles and their park buses) and the Magic Kingdom are online now. Animal Kingdom and Studios will be the last to be implemented. (There's no mention about Epcot. Perhaps it's grouped in with another bus "hub"?)

So, anyone visiting over the next few weeks is almost guaranteed to only see some buses with the Magic in Motion system up and running. (I also read on another forum that they *are* still working out a couple glitches. One bus driver commented on not being able to get his system to erase an incorrect route and input a new one, which resulted in him picking up passengers for one resort, while his marquee said something else, all the while assuring the passengers that yes, he was going where they needed to go despite the sign)

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom