Snacks in Park

here757

Original Poster
I am coming to the park at the end of the month.I want to know if u can bring food inside the parks? Snacks, sandwichs, candy.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I am coming to the park at the end of the month.I want to know if u can bring food inside the parks? Snacks, sandwichs, candy.

Yes, as long as you aren't bringing in enough for the whole park and trying to peddle your wares. :wave:

Bring em on in. Its a great way to save money. If I know im gonna be in the park for a whole day I will usually prepare a PB&J, and take a pack of crackers with me. Then all I have to do is pay for a $2 drink if i dont bring a drink.

barnum42

You'll have no problem. There was a time this was not the case - I have an old guide from the 80's that stated you could not bring your own food in. That rule is long gone :D

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I bring little snacks in all the time- granola bars, those little packets of crackers, that sort of thing. They're perfect for when you get hungry while you are standing on line.

smk

We waited in line for Slash Mountain behind a family of 4 eating quite the meal from their backback. Tupperware containers with fresh fruit and PBJ's, chips. Made me hungry! I'll take that anyday over a stinky turkey leg, I can never get used to people walking around gnawing on those things. I prefer not to carry anything in, not because I can't, but because I don't like to stand at the securtiy lines. I don't even carry in a purse anymore. If I had little ones these days I would do it tho.

GO COLTS:wave:

CleveRocks

Here are THE ONLY RULES about what food stuff you can't take into the parks:

• no alcohol
  • no glass containers, except for baby food jars
  • no hard-sided coolers; soft-sided coolers are fine as long as they are small enough to theoretically fit into a rental locker
I'm a long-time veteran of bringing in sandwiches, snacks, fruit, drinks, etc. Security sees all during the bag checks. You're not getting away with anything or smuggling something in when you bring food in.

The only objections I have are when people like me bring in meals but then people NOT like me eat those meals while hogging up counter-service tables and chairs. I think that's just wrong, to not pay for food but yet use the tables and chairs, taking up space and preventing paying customers from having aplace to eat the food they just bought. Of course, I only object to such behavior when it's crowded, but when isn't it crowded anymore?

Main Street USA

Ah yes, nothing better than having something to munch on in line or just walking around. Even better when you can just grab it out of your pack and not have to wait in line or fork over more money. here are some of the things that can be good to bring and pack:

Breakfast bars
Granola bars
Pop Tarts
Cheez Its
Peanuts
Pretzels
Wheat Thins
Crackers

The list could go on forever. Just head to your grocery store and hit the chip isle, the cereal isle, bulk section, and the snack isle. You'll find everything you could ever want.

Just don't forget that things can melt, like chocolate, etc. in the summer, and other things can't generally be heated up if you usually eat them that way, like pop tarts.

Texzilla

On my last trip I saw a woman leading her young daughter through the park by holding a full size bag of Doritos in front of the child. You know, like you might get a horse to move by showing it a carrot. So I guess you don't have to worry about bringing food packages larger than the small single serving/lunch box size either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom