Wishes.. Holiday Wishes... are they doing both????

boo52

I had heard that they showed the Holiday Wishes between Christmas and New Year last year. I was looking forward to the same happening this year but on the Disney website they have only got the ordinary Wishes listed.

Tracy

We will still be running Holiday Wishes instead of regular Wishes from Dec 24 - 31 without perimeters. The official website, like last year and HalloWishes, WILL NOT reflect this. Hope this helps.

Boo, question for ya. Do you have an exact date in which "Holiday Wishes" (without perimeter AKA not the MVMCP) will start. In a previous post you listed the starting date as Dec. 24th, but this website (wdwmagic) is listing it as starting Dec. 23rd. Anyway you could clear this up? Also, whats going on with the Illuminations Holiday Tag? Do you know when that starts? Thanks in advance!

boo52

Boo, question for ya. Do you have an exact date in which "Holiday Wishes" (without perimeter AKA not the MVMCP) will start. In a previous post you listed the starting date as Dec. 24th, but this website (wdwmagic) is listing it as starting Dec. 23rd. Anyway you could clear this up? Also, whats going on with the Illuminations Holiday Tag? Do you know when that starts? Thanks in advance!

Yes, sorry it does start on the 23rd. Also the Illum tag started the Friday after Thanksgiving.

Thanks Boo! Last question. When does the Illuminations Holiday Tag run till? Im assuming through the end of December but just wanted to double check! Thanks

CrashNet

Wow. I'm impressed! Definitely not an easy task, especially in the dark. At least they only fire off the WW3 barge at one of the shows (I think)...

-Rob

Last year on New Year's Eve they did RoE with the Peace on Earth Finale and then RoE with the New Year's Finale. Definitely ODed on fireworks that night. :lol:

Not sure, but the barges they used that night were different looking than the ones they use nightly for the Peace on Earth finale. The ones on New Year's Eve had fencing around them, and I'm guessing they had the capacity to hold both finales. Keep in mind of course that for the New Years finale, four additional barges behind each Maxi barge are used as well.

Mouse's Magic, the last night of the Peace on Earth finale will be New Year's Eve.

WDW Monorail

Question for boo.
Do you take in the barges after each double show or tag and reload them at the loading zone or do you reload out on the lagoon?

WDW Monorail

I have heard that they show the NYE fireworks at MK on Dec 30 too. Are they exactly the same?

Thanks
Tracy

No, they cannot be the same because of the setting.
EPCOT- World Showcase Lagoon.
MK- Behind the castle.

The show after ROE uses low-level moderate devices and takes place directly infront of the crowd.
MK uses High level as well as low-level devices near the crowd. The high level devices are launched from about 3/4 to 1 mile away from the spectators.

250 posts!

Tracyk

Sorry, maybe I didn't make myself clear. I was asking are the fireworks they show at MK on Dec 30 exactly the same as the ones they show at MK on NYE.

Tracy

JML42691

...To answer WDW Monorail's question, yes the finale barge for Illum is called the WW3 barge.
I'm sure you can answer this for me Boo52, from pictures that I have seen of the WW3 barge it seems to be surrounded by a massive fence. Is this fence nessesary and if it isn't, why is it there?

boo52

WDW Safety requires it to be there in case a shell decides to make a hard turn out of the gun and go awry. It will contain it in the barge at guest level. This is only for that barge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom