Official Photography Contest 9/9/06 - 9/14/06 Downtown Disney

subhuman31

I still think this is the coolest Lego structure...

DSCF1581.jpg

Tim G

Personally, I think that if the photo isn't the correct size, correct subject matter, and abiding by all contest guidelines the post and photo should be deleted.

But lets not open THAT can of worms again.

Oops... I'm screwed...

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
How many pixels is the max...
The only limitation there is the size of the actual photo.

Please resize pictures to be no larger than 700x525

I could be wrong...and please, somebody let me know if I am because while my parents are the photo experts, I am not so much, at least on that type of thing...but the number of pixels don't really matter for this. Just as long as it fits that size.

DDuckFan130

I could be wrong...and please, somebody let me know if I am because while my parents are the photo experts, I am not so much, at least on that type of thing...but the number of pixels don't really matter for this. Just as long as it fits that size.
Isn't that number based on pixels? :lookaroun

barnum42

I think you may be getting resolution mixed up into the equation. As far as the screen size goes, its 700x525. Image resolution does not come into it (unless one tries to print the picture)

barnum42

All this talk about making sure the pictures are of a correct size and even how to resize them and there are two images on this page that break the size limits!

Nibs - you may have to put the size limit in bold text at the very top of every contest's rules.

Tramp

Resize your photos

Windows comes with a "PAINT" program that allows you to resize a photo. There is no need to download any special programs to do this for you.

For those who may need the help...

Click on START
Click on ALL PROGRAMS
... when the window opens, click on ACCESSORIES
... then click PAINT...that will open the PAINT program.
... go to top left and click on FILE, then OPEN...browse around and find the photo you want to resize and double click on it, your photo should now appear in the paint program.
... go up to the top and click on the IMAGE tab...then click ATTRIBUTES...the size of your photo will appear in a pop up box...

...RESIZE YOUR PHOTO HERE TO ACCOMMODATE THE 700 X 525 PIXELS

...when you are done resizing...click OK and go back up to FILE and save the photo...use "save as" if you don't wish to overwrite the original photo.

This process takes all of two minutes..there is no reason for someone NOT to resize their photos.

Hope this helps someone that may be discouraged from participating.

I don't know if MAC has a similar program.

PS: I didn't read thru this whole thread so if this is redundant, I apologize.

Disneyfalcon

All this talk about making sure the pictures are of a correct size and even how to resize them and there are two images on this page that break the size limits!

Nibs - you may have to put the size limit in bold text at the very top of every contest's rules.

Are you talking about me Barnum? Mrs. Nibbles said mine was okay.:cry:
I'll change it if I need to.

SewIn2Disney

Windows comes with a "PAINT" program that allows you to resize a photo. There is no need to download any special programs to do this for you.

For those who may need the help...

Click on START
Click on ALL PROGRAMS
... when the window opens, click on ACCESSORIES
... then click PAINT...that will open the PAINT program.
... go to left top and click on FILE, then OPEN...browse around and find the photo you want to resize and double click on it, your photo should now appear in the paint program.
... go up to the top and click on the IMAGE tab...then click ATTRIBUTES...the size of your photo will appear in a pop up box...

...RESIZE YOUR PHOTO HERE TO ACCOMMODATE THE 700 X 525 PIXELS

...when you are done resizing...click OK and go back up to FILE and save the photo...use "save as" if you don't wish to overwrite the original photo.

This process takes all of two minutes..there is no reason for someone NOT to resize their photos.

Hope this helps someone that may be discouraged from participating.

I don't know if MAC has a similar program.

PS: I didn't read thru this whole thread so if this is redundant, I apologize.
Maybe this can be copied and pasted into the rules, so that others in future contests will be able to successfuly resize their photos?
Just a suggestion to make it easier for others.

Tramp

Are you talking about me Barnum? Mrs. Nibbles said mine was okay.:cry:
I'll change it if I need to.

Your photo is ok...I think he may be talking about Horizon's photo...795 x 603.

Photos that are taken vertically can have maximum dimensions of 525 x 700. I cleared this with Nibs...

Disneyfalcon

Thank you Tramp! I thought it was okay but Barnum said two on the page were too big and I couldn't find the second?

Hey 500th post!!! It only took 4 years!!! :lol: :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom