Official Photography Contest 9/9/06 - 9/14/06 Downtown Disney

tigsmom

After reading over all the debate...and getting tired of people walking all over this contest...I have made my decision.

But first, to explain the reason why I switched over to the approach that I used when I decided to allow all photos in the contest. At the time that I made the switch, I received some flack from some people claiming that I was "too involved" with the contests. Some of those comments hurt me so much that I decided to include all the photos, so that I wouldn't seem too involved and pushy. However, it appears to me that this approach was a poor one and I do apologize. I am sorry if your "fearless leader" :)lol:) has failed but I have learned my lesson and now I'm going to fix it.

Therefore, starting with the next contest...things are going to change. The rules are going to be enforced once again. And if people think I'm being too hands on...that's their problem. I want these contests to be as good as they were when they started all those years ago.

So, starting next time, if your photo's size is too big, it's it disqualified, if your photo is photoshopped, it is disqualified, if you are in the photo, you will be disqualified, (WDWKat, I'm still disqualifiying yours in this contest...I know you know the rules), etc.

I apologize to you all for causing these contests to not be of the caliber that they used to be. I promise I will do all I can to uphold the integrity of these contests. If any of you have any questions, concerns, or problems, please feel free to PM me and we will address those. (This also includes if you see a photo get entered that you believe should not be included in the contest for any reason.) Once again, I am sorry.

(P.S. to the person who mentioned the photoshopped image that won...if you do look at the contest winner's page, you'll see that I did disqualify it for that reason.)

*thumbs up*

((HUGS))

Stick to your guns & make us all follow the rules. :wave:

ZapperZ

As a regular participant of this "contest", you have my support, Nibbles. I know how difficult it is to run these things, and how tough it can get to try to accomodate and please that many people. Please know that your effort is much appreciated.

Zz.

tigsmom

As a regular participant of this "contest", you have my support, Nibbles. I know how difficult it is to run these things, and how tough it can get to try to accomodate and please that many people. Please know that your effort is much appreciated.

Zz.

Most definately!

SewIn2Disney

I have a question. I take all of my pictures on the highest resolution my camera allows. I then import it into Paint where I use the "stretch/skew" to bring it down to 33% of it's original size, and then from there I bring it into my WDWMagic Photo Album. How will I know if I'm exceeding the size? All of my pictures always come up on here on the small size, (compared to others) but I don't want to be disqualified for a silly mistake like that. So my question is, how do I know what the size is?

BTW: I'm behind you in following the rules! I know these contests aren't for prizes, but I take them very seriously. I have yet to win first, but I use tips and techniques shared by fellow board members to improve my skills. The caliber of these contests have really gone up in the past few years, and that wouldnt have happened without you and Speck (And DDuckFan130). Keep up the great work!

DDuckFan130

I have a question. I take all of my pictures on the highest resolution my camera allows. I then import it into Paint where I use the "stretch/skew" to bring it down to 33% of it's original size, and then from there I bring it into my WDWMagic Photo Album. How will I know if I'm exceeding the size? All of my pictures always come up on here on the small size, (compared to others) but I don't want to be disqualified for a silly mistake like that. So my question is, how do I know what the size is?

BTW: I'm behind you in following the rules! I know these contests aren't for prizes, but I take them very seriously. I have yet to win first, but I use tips and techniques shared by fellow board members to improve my skills. The caliber of these contests have really gone up in the past few years, and that wouldnt have happened without you and Speck (And DDuckFan130). Keep up the great work!
Aww :eek: Thanks :)

Anyway, I resize my pictures the same way. The way for you to know what size they are is to go to that same menu and look at attributes. That should tell you how big the pics are. Oh and make sure it is set on pixels :)

SewIn2Disney

Aww :eek: Thanks :)

Anyway, I resize my pictures the same way. The way for you to know what size they are is to go to that same menu and look at attributes. That should tell you how big the pics are. Oh and make sure it is set on pixels :)
Well you help out too....your like Nibbles right hand man (errr...um woman!)

And thanks, I found it. That'll make life easier now!

KrazyKowboy

Downtown Disney at LEGO® Imagination Center November 2005
dtdemma0011.jpg

ibleedblue

There's a free program called FastStone Photo Resizer that you can get from download.com that will make this so much easier for you. Fast Stone will do a batch convert of all your photos at once and you can specify what size you want them converted to. You can also add a watermark to them during the batch so you don't have to sorry about someone 'stealing' the photo and claiming it as their own. I use it all the time and really like it. Plus it's free, and I'm all about free!! :slurp:

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
:lol: I probably shouldn't butt in as much as I do :eek:
Regina is like my right hand woman! I'm so thankful that she helps me in the way that she does! I don't know if I've ever publically thanked her...so I will now...

Thank you Regina!

You have permission to butt in whenever you want! :lol:

DDuckFan130

Regina is like my right hand woman! I'm so thankful that she helps me in the way that she does! I don't know if I've ever publically thanked her...so I will now...

Thank you Regina!

You have permission to butt in whenever you want! :lol:

:eek: No problem nibbs :)

Did someone mention Regina's butt? :lookaroun

:eek: :lol:

No...the word "butt" was used as a verb, not a noun as in my butt :lookaroun

SewIn2Disney

There's a free program called FastStone Photo Resizer that you can get from download.com that will make this so much easier for you. Fast Stone will do a batch convert of all your photos at once and you can specify what size you want them converted to. You can also add a watermark to them during the batch so you don't have to sorry about someone 'stealing' the photo and claiming it as their own. I use it all the time and really like it. Plus it's free, and I'm all about free!! :slurp:
Thanks, I'll look into that, sounds much better then the stretch/skew, and I have been meaning to add a watermark to my pics.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom