Since The World Began

WALT06

Original Poster
Hey all, Im new here just wanted to say gret website and seems like a great group of people here that share the same love of Disney as I do. On to my question, I am looking for some books to read on Disney. I heard on here some people talking about a book called Since the world began, can someone please give me a brief description of what the book is about. Also I am looking for others to read also. I am looking for books that have to do with facts about the rides, wht the rides were supposed to be like, how they are built, changes to the parks and rides through the years and some of what walt wanted in the parks. If anyone has some titles please let me know and add a little description to the title of the book Thanks,

Matt

Steamboat_Kevin

Since The World Began is a great book. I think it was released for the 25th anniversary in 1996. It goes over a lot of WDW history and has lots of information about the parks and resorts. It's a little dated (For example, there's a section about the future of WDW, which includes Animal Kingdom :D), but it's really quite an interesting book and fits the description of what you want to read about quite well.

As for other good Disney books, try Imagineering (My favorite) and the two WDW Imagineering Field Guides (So far there's only Magic Kingdom and Epcot).

Skippy

I have Since the World began... please hold...

Okay!
Walt Disney World, The First 25 Years.
Almost 200 pages long, nice coffe table sized book. It starts off telling the famous story of how Disney bought the land in Florida under other names, and goes through the building of WDW, with sections about things like animatronics, 64-65 world's fair, and the monorails. Then it has three sections about each of the first three parks, and also one chapter on "The Rest of the 'World'". Like someone said up there, it does briefly talk about Animal Kingdom in it's planning stages, and has some interesting concept art, including a second phase addition of a 'mythical world' and also pictures of Dinoland with the Excavator wooden roller coaster. It's an interesting read, and the pictures are cool to look at.

I agree though, that the Imagineering book is another good book, and so are the Imagineering Field Guides, which I'm reading now.

WALT06

Original Poster
Thanks Guys im gonna order a couple and Ill let you know what I think....Anyone know of any websites that have some info....I know of only one and it is this one I have learned alot I didnt know from this site....thanks

head mouse

book_cover3.jpg

dvcnut39

I found this book (Walt Disney Imagineering: A Behind the Dreams Look At Making the Magic Real (Paperback)) at Disney-MGM and I love it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom