good and bad news

darthdarrel

Original Poster
Hi everyone!
Sorry I have not been around much, but I have had alot going on.
I have been helping my brother Michael since he was going through chemo, but good news on that front. The doc says he is now 100% IN REMISSION No cancer to be found.
But also some bad news first of all at work I fell and tore some ligaments in my calf/knee and then I am sure most have heard about the floods in Northeast Ohio? well My apartment was flooded up to my neck and I lost everything, all my furniture, appliances,electronics.I had to evacuate and the fire deprtment got me to my brother Michaels apartment. I have been staying here ever since. I think I might be able to save my clothes if I wash them I am not sure of that. The govenor of the state and the president has declared this area a disaster area so from what I have been told I will be able to get assistance, but I don't know about such things as this is the first natural disaster we have ever had here.Some told me to contact fema. Guess I will find out all about that on monday.:cry:

wdwhoneymooner

Great news about your brother, Darrel! :sohappy: I hope he stays healthy.

Sorry to hear about your accident and flooding, though. Geez......
Be sure to get a hold of any sensitive documents when you're allowed to return to your home. I have a friend who works for a credit reporting company and she told me how so many folks suffer after dealing with natural disasters via perps/vultures who commit identity fraud. As for your clothes, if they look salvagable be sure to wash them thoroughly to remove any mildew, especially if you have any type of respitory condition. Best of luck, buddy. :wave:

tigsmom

Darrel! I've been wondering about you! ((HUGS))

Such good news about Michael, please give him a big hug from me.

I'm so sorry about your accident at work, did the operate or are they just watching it. When I saw the floods you were the first thing that popped int my mind...I see only part of my prayers have been answered in that you are safe, but that is the most important part. :kiss: Everything else is just that, a thing and can be replaced.

Contact FEMA, they should be able to help, but read everything they give you very carefully. The dealings we had with them a few years ago were not very pleasant. As Andy said, try to get your important paperwork out of the apartment, even if you think its not worth saving. Wash those clothes a few times and use bleach if you can. Best of luck and let us know if you need anything. ((HUGS))

DDuckFan130

Lots of *hugs* for your brother. And lots more *hugs* for you too. I know you will get through this, and I will be praying for you.

MickeyTigg

It's great to hear about your brother...that's wonderful news.

:sohappy:

Sorry to hear about your injury and the flooding. I hope everything turns out well for you.

MKCP 1985

aww, Darrell - I am so sorry to hear of your flood losses. Please send me a p.m. if there is anything I can do to help. My grandmother has salvaged some of her clothes after her condo flooded. We were all surprised given their initiall look and moldy smell, but they seem to be okay now. You didn't lose that one particular pair of pants, hopefully. If so, there are going to be a lot of flooded magic members right along with you.

Great news about your brother! :sohappy:

Irrawaddy Erik

We were thinking about you Darrel. The news about your brother is wonderful. I'm glad you made it out of your apartment safe. Just remember it was only material items and all that matters is that you are safe.

MouseMadness

Irrawaddy Erik said:
We were thinking about you Darrel. The news about your brother is wonderful. I'm glad you made it out of your apartment safe. Just remember it was only material items and all that matters is that you are safe.

Exactly! :) *hugs* for Darrel.

(One nagging question: Are your pants safe?) :lookaroun *edit: Doh! I see Doug beat me to the question. :lol:

:kiss: Take care, and keep us posted. :wave:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
darthdarrel said:
Hi everyone!
Sorry I have not been around much, but I have had alot going on.
I have been helping my brother Michael since he was going through chemo, but good news on that front. The doc says he is now 100% IN REMISSION No cancer to be found.
But also some bad news first of all at work I fell and tore some ligaments in my calf/knee and then I am sure most have heard about the floods in Northeast Ohio? well My apartment was flooded up to my neck and I lost everything, all my furniture, appliances,electronics.I had to evacuate and the fire deprtment got me to my brother Michaels apartment. I have been staying here ever since. I think I might be able to save my clothes if I wash them I am not sure of that. The govenor of the state and the president has declared this area a disaster area so from what I have been told I will be able to get assistance, but I don't know about such things as this is the first natural disaster we have ever had here.Some told me to contact fema. Guess I will find out all about that on monday.:cry:

Please tell me you had renters insurance!

Jeeze Darrel... you are fallin apart buddy. :(

Let me know if you need anything... you have my cell # :wave:

Nemo14

Great news about your brother Darrel!
Everything else will work out - the important thing is that you and your brother are OK! :sohappy:

SpongeScott

Thanks for checking in with us. :wave:

Great news on your brother! Glad to know that things are going well for him.

Sorry about the bad times you're going through right now. I hope all works out with the flood stuff. Like Jer said, I hope you had renter's insurance. Good luck in getting your stuff replaced. Let us know if we can do anything for you.

barnum42

Glad about your bro's news.

Sorry about the other stuff. Hope it all works out soon.

Don't forget to check how everyone wading in your party pants is getting on ;)

TwoTigersMom

*sending prayers your way* I'm so happy that your brother cancer has gone in to remmission, what a blessing! Good luck with salvaging some of your things. I hope you can at least salvage some of the things that were special to you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom