Official Photography Contest 6/21/06 - 6/30/06 Where the Magic Lives Photo Contest

Monorail

wdwmagic_2006-0630.jpg

Monorail

Question about the picture size limits....are they "rules" or just "guidelines". I see some that are pretty big. I don't care but if its open then I'll start making mine larger ;-)

barnum42

Monorail said:
Question about the picture size limits....are they "rules" or just "guidelines". I see some that are pretty big. I don't care but if its open then I'll start making mine larger ;-)
From what I understand, it's a rule that is more trouble that it's worth to keep correcting people that break it. It's down to the individual to decide whether to cast a vote elsewhere because an entry failed to comply with the rules. Common sense will prevail.

BRER STITCH

Monorail said:

PLEASE DON'T! :eek:

There is a SIZE rule, and entries should be adjusted to fit the guidelines.

The best reason for obeying the size rule is that this page takes long enough to open some days as the entry count grows!

Smaller photo sizes allow for quicker loading of the pages and keep the quality of the pics even among all entries.

I generally have to "compress" my pics to get them to load to my Photo Album here and be available for posting to the contest.

It''s easy to do for all pics!

:)

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
barnum42 said:
From what I understand, it's a rule that is more trouble that it's worth to keep correcting people that break it. It's down to the individual to decide whether to cast a vote elsewhere because an entry failed to comply with the rules. Common sense will prevail.

Yes...you are right Joe. It is now up to the individual to cast their votes elsewhere because an entry failed to comply with the rules. So, I guess technically, you can make your photo bigger than stipulated in the rules...however, I have to agree with BRER STITCH's comment.

BRER STITCH said:
PLEASE DON'T!

There is a SIZE rule, and entries should be adjusted to fit the guidelines.

The best reason for obeying the size rule is that this page takes long enough to open some days as the entry count grows!

Smaller photo sizes allow for quicker loading of the pages and keep the quality of the pics even among all entries.

I generally have to "compress" my pics to get them to load to my Photo Album here and be available for posting to the contest.

It''s easy to do for all pics!

The rule about the size was set in place for a reason. I would prefer it if people did adhere to the rules....

Monorail

Thank you for the clarifications. I understand about needing to restrict the badwidth usage so no big deal. I'll stick with the rules 'cause that's how I was raised ;) I just didn't want to be at a disadvantage because larger pictures tend to look more impressive. Thanks again.

nibblesandbits said:
Yes...you are right Joe. It is now up to the individual to cast their votes elsewhere because an entry failed to comply with the rules. So, I guess technically, you can make your photo bigger than stipulated in the rules...however, I have to agree with BRER STITCH's comment.

The rule about the size was set in place for a reason. I would prefer it if people did adhere to the rules....

oh! im sorry! my pic is probably one of those deemed too big! i was concentrating more on getting the file size down so it would fit in the album, i completely looked over the size limit for the contest! should i edit it? or just wait till next time. im really sorry, i honestly didnt read that, i wasnt trying to cheat or anything

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
CommandoDisney said:
oh! im sorry! my pic is probably one of those deemed too big! i was concentrating more on getting the file size down so it would fit in the album, i completely looked over the size limit for the contest! should i edit it? or just wait till next time. im really sorry, i honestly didnt read that, i wasnt trying to cheat or anything

It's not a HUGE deal. Sometimes it's nice to remind people. (I understand all about the filesize thing too...my pics are the same way too...:lol: )

If you'd like, you can edit it down. Otherwise, you can wait for the next contests. :wave:

DisneySam

mrtoad said:
I don't think I have used this photo for these contests before. I looked and did not find it anywhere I thought I would have used it.

This was my daughter's first day ever at WDW. About 30 minutes after we arrived at the MK. You can see on her face, she believed! She knew it was Cinderella who's lap she was upon. She felt the magic and for me and my wife it was one of our best days of our lives, period. That was a moment that you knew why you became a parent in the first place. Seeing the look of sheer joy on your childs face is the best feeling in the world.

76981008-L.jpg

MrToad that has to be the cutest picture ever! The look on her face is priceless.

mrtoad

Thank-you very much. That day brought tears for both my wife and I as the look of wonder and belief on our daughters face everywhere she turned was simply "magical".

We arrived on Main Street just before the Cinderella's Surprise Cellebration. We had been to WDW many times and never stopped to watch one of those shows, we had no interest. I remember standing there with tears running down my face when Mickey came out to see the look on my daughter's face. I am standing there embarassed and afraid to turn towards my wife thinking she is going to laugh at me. I turn anyway and she is there crying as well. We both burst laughing.

It was one of my best days ever to be honest.

DisneySam said:
MrToad that has to be the cutest picture ever! The look on her face is priceless.

Monorail

wdwishes2005 said:
That's an awesome picture, how long was the exposure?

Thank you, wdwishes2005. The exposure was 4 seconds @ f/14. Obviously I used a tripod set up in the middle of main street. I got a lot of attention :)

Jenerella

My youngest son is coming with us for the first time in Sept., and I have to say that seeing your daughters face has me even more excited to see my sons face when he sees Mickey for the first time. Thankyou for sharing this pic., it really brightened my day:)

mrtoad

DisneyJoey said:
I could have sworn I've seen that pic before.

I have posted it before but I don't think in these contests. I went back and looked at the ones I think it would have fit in and it was not what I posted. But I definitly have posted it on this site before.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom