Reality takes on Fantasy, Reality up 1-0....

speck76

Original Poster
disney.co.nr said:
so is the hotel on disney property or not, because according to the pdf it is on disney property but not apart of rcid.
it is not on Disney property, nor part of RCID

tigsmom

DisneyJill said:
Oops, I just posted this again because I didn't know it was in Speck's thread. I was personally excited. Hilton+Walt Disney World=Jill moves back to Florida. :lol:

:sohappy:

imagineer boy

How badly can it be seen from Epcot? If its a little more off in the distance, it might not be too bad. But still, I don't like this too much.

WDWcouple

You are correct sir.. apparently according to Linda at Bonnet Creek tower 2 and 3 will be 15 stories tall... She said it would be on the back end of the property so the upper floors would have a great view of the lake and the Epcot Ball..... Hopefully if they all stay the same color it will blend well with ToT Etc.... Ah well at least its not Disneyland where you can see IHOP from the Monorail:brick:

Main Street USA

These are too far away from Epcot for this to matter. It's not like it border on Epcot's property. The Swan and Dolphin are MUCH closer. Not really all that big of a deal.

wannab@dis

Main Street USA said:
These are too far away from Epcot for this to matter. It's not like it border on Epcot's property. The Swan and Dolphin are MUCH closer. Not really all that big of a deal.
I agree... however, for sake of more information, does anyone know the answers to the following questions?

Distance across the lake from AA to FW? (1/3 mile?)
Distance that the new resort is from Epcot? (2 miles?)
Average height of the WS buildings? (about 30 ft?)

If those are the case, then the line of sight will make the new resorts fairly small above AA and at that distance, the details of the buildings would be muted. In fact, as you walk from FW around WS, the buildings probably will not be seen.

WDWRLD

All they have to do is put up giant light towers that come on and shine toward the hotels at night. That would block the view of Illuminations and the nighttime views of the park. They could be called parking lot lights that were over engineered. Mabee its time for Italy to get a ride thats a cross between the width of Soarin and the height of TOT. Dont theme the backside and mount those parking lot lights on it.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
To note, you have to stand ontop, as in your feet on the tar roof stuff, of a building in Future World to be able to see the Gaylord Palm.

manutdfan1

ok, its time for disney to get dirty with these freaks who are trying to destroy walt dream. They put a fence around the property and they dont let guest get in because its perfecty legal its surrounded by disney grounds. And when they sign a agreement that they wont build the towers then will let guest go back in the resort. YAY:sohappy:

DisneyJill

manutdfan1 said:
ok, its time for disney to get dirty with these freaks who are trying to destroy walt dream. They put a fence around the property and they dont let guest get in because its perfecty legal its surrounded by disney grounds. And when they sign a agreement that they wont build the towers then will let guest go back in the resort. YAY:sohappy:

The times, they are a changin'. Deal with it. :) If there is a demand, Hilton will build it. And why not? The Orlando market is fairly dominated by Marriott-I've always wondered why there are very few Hilton properties to speak of.

And I'm not exactly sure, but I think that it probably isn't legal for Disney to fence in the competition. :lol:

GymLeaderPhil

You can really see the new buildings from Typhoon Lagoon. I cannot imagine what it's going to look like with a 14 floor hotel/condo in the background.

artvandelay

Is this Hilton going to be part hotel - part Hilton time share?

I hope the Waldorf Astoria Orlando is nicer than the one in NYC. The NYC Waldorf is an overpriced dump.

kcnole

As long as they're classy it won't be too horrible. I'd rather it not happen but I've never even noticed ToT, etc... so I'm not too concerned. I don't think this is a huge problem. Walt was mainly trying to stop the problem that you get at Disneyland where you can see freeways, IHOPs, etc... from within the park. This is just something far off in the distance. I don't love it, but I don't think it will really destroy any theme.

speck76

Original Poster
BonnetCreekAerialRenderingMay2006.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom