decorating hotel room for Christmas

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
I want to decorate our hotel for Christmas (not nails or craziness like that) and I was wondering what the stipulations were for that??? I mean a Christmas Tree, And a few Christmas nicknacks here and there. We are going to the Pop Century Hotel Dec 17th - January 1st.

Are the stores throughout MK open during Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Celebration?

Thanks ALL!!

disneynut68

My wife and I saw a special on the food network during Christmas 2005 and they said that Disney can put small decorated trees in your resort room. We are staying at Pop Century from 11/28 to 12/8 and asked our travel agent about getting one and she told us that Disney would not have any info on them until September or October.

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

Deffinately decorate your room. We take a 3ft prelit tree and decorations. We drive so space is not a issue. I carry the decorations and extension cords in a small tool box so nothing gets crushed. You will need a 15 foot cord at POR and that is good length where ever you go. Better a little longer than too short. I also take one of those plug in touch dimmers for the tree so its not too bright at night. I also have a nightlight that I put one of those bubblers in that we use on our tree at home. If tou take a wreath dont forget one of those over the door holders or a magnetic one as the doors are steel. Ive seen others use suction cups to string up lights around windows but always take 2 sets just incase you get a corner room and test them at home to ensure they work. Ive seen many rooms at all resorts decorated. I really like the ones at the Contempory that face the MK and decorate the balcony. Wouldnt it be cool to be in tomorrowland and strike up a conservation about the christmas decorations and be able to point and say....theres our room all lit up. Just be prepared for alot of people stopping and looking into your room to check out your decorations.

Attachments

• 12-18-04 Day 020.JPE
    12-18-04 Day 020.JPE
    14.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 12-18-04 Day 014.JPE
    12-18-04 Day 014.JPE
    15.9 KB · Views: 86
Upvote 0

crazygirley

I decorated my room at ASMusic for New Years. I bought a 100-light strand of multi-colored Christmas lights (which was MORE than enough to go around the window and plug into the outlet near the table), multi-colored garland with multi-colored stars (which I wrapped through the light strand), and a multi-color banner that read "Happy New Year" made out of metallic paper (the kind of banner that has each letter seperate yet attatched together to spell out the words) I bought little suction cups with hooks attatched, and attatched everything to the window. It hung the whole time, no problems - and was admired by all of our neighbors, and those walking by. It was so much fun. I am planning my Fourth of July decorations as we speak!!!

Upvote 0

VickiMints

Wow... I've been to WDW once for Christmas about six years ago (we had an emergency illness on Christmas Eve, so that trip was particularly memorable), and I never noticed people decorating their rooms! Maybe it's because we stayed in one of the Contemporary garden wings and I didn't get to look into too many windows, ha ha. The decorating sounds like so much fun though - if I go around that time again, I'll be sure to put up just a little bit of Christmas flair. :D

I'm curious about one thing though - for those of you who get a little more into the decorating spirit than others, what do you do when you leave? Do you just leave the trees and take the other decorations, or do you do something else?

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

As I said we drive so space is not a issue. If you fly you could box it up, ship it to wdw and ship it back after the trip or take a extra suitcase.

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

We took our decorations and tree home with us, we were going to just taken them in our suitcase, but I had other items I had to ship home that I could only get while in FL and so we ended up shipping the stuff home. Didn't want to leave the tree even though it was cheap, because they would have pitched it anyway, plus it was after Christmas already.

At Pop, there is only a very small ledge at the window so you can't really put a tree there, you will have to put it on the table (could always move the table to be viewable outside the window), take any extension cord (I think ours was 6 or 15 ft long) 100 lights is more than enough for the window.

Upvote 0

MacDuffieMuppet

i was searching for somethign else when this thread popped up, but if you want christmas cheer, take the bus or boat to fort wilderness and many trailers go overbaord with christmas lights....my family does it. they even have a hay ride that goes around some of the loops to see all the decorations..is soooooo nice.

Upvote 0

makonyy15

Sorry to bring this thread up again. I'm going to be in WDW from december 21st to the 27th, and wanted to get a Christmas Tree in the room. We called the Boardwalk today, and they said they've never heard about such a thing as ordering a christmas tree through them to put in the room. My mom said the lady wasn't the most helpful, so maybe she was uninformed? Can someone point me in the direction of getting this done besides doing it through the Disney Florist or bringing my own? All help is appreciated!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

wdwforus

I brought a $20 fiber optic tree from Lowes and surprised my family. We bought ornaments for it while we were there and it fit nice on top of the TV cabinet. I just left it when we left. My wife liked it so much that I bought another this year for at home so she can use her ornaments and it adds a little memory of our trip.

Upvote 0

mom2of2

Can someone point me in the direction of getting this done besides doing it through the Disney Florist or bringing my own? All help is appreciated!:sohappy:

I don't know if you contacted them or not but Gifts of a Lifetime does Christmas trees and room decorations. The url is in 2 posts above yours.

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

We shipped our tree and other decorations down and the box was waiting for us upon check-in. The Disney florist trees are really pricey. We even shipped some Disney ornaments down with the tree, and of course bought a few while there. We just kept the box and shipped it back home before we left FL (we went to Staples since we were in FL for another week and stayed off property after Christmas) You can ship your box from the front desk though if you are only going to be on property.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom