Dole Whips Recipe???

Disney Newbie

Original Poster
Does anyone have a recipe to make Dole Whips at home? I just tried them last week and fell in love. I had 2 in one day and wish I could have one right now. :slurp:

I am hoping there is a way to make them or something close with my Cuisinart Ice Cream maker.

Thanks! :sohappy:

tigsmom

Disney Newbie said:
Does anyone have a recipe to make Dole Whips at home? I just tried them last week and fell in love. I had 2 in one day and wish I could have one right now. :slurp:

I am hoping there is a way to make them or something close with my Cuisinart Ice Cream maker.

Hi! We have an ongoing recipe thread in the Restaurant & Dining section of all of our favorites. Just do a search for Recipe?? I'm not sure what page its one, but I believe there are 2 different versions and a discussion of the recipe's outcome. It makes quite a bit so you may want to cut it in half. I also used the Cusinart Ice Cream Maker. :wave:

EDIT: here is the link to the first page...

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=9941&highlight=Recipe??

Disney Newbie

Original Poster
Sorry, I realize now I posted this in the wrong place. I imagine it will be moved soon.

But... I followed the link you gave and searched the Recipes?? forum, but only found one recipe for the whips that called for putting it all in a bag, no mention of an ice cream maker. Any chance you could take pity on me and lead me right to it.

there were mentions of the "I could go for..." thread having the recipe, but I could not find it.

Sorry to be so dumb.....

tigsmom

Don't worry about it being in the wrong forum, it happens all the time. The Recipe?? thread is pretty big to wander thru so...
Dole Whip

Ingredients:

1 Quart pineapple juice (Dole)
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups cream
3 cups sugar
milk

Mix the pineapple juice and sugar until all the sugar is dissolved. Next add the cream and vanilla. Poor mixture into the Ice Cream Maker. Add milk to the "fill line" Follow the regular instructions of your Ice Cream Maker. Serve right out of the Maker for a soft serve taste or place in freezer and allow to set.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Pineapple Icee Whip[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow](from Dole.com)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Prep: 10 min.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Freeze: 3 hrs.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Makes: 8 servings [/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]2 cans (20 oz. each) DOLE Crushed Pineapple[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]2 tablespoons lemon juice[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]2 tablespoons lime juice[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]1/3 cup sugar[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries, mini marshmallow or mini chocolate chips, (optional)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped [/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Drain pineapple; reserve 2 tablespoons juice. Set aside. [/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Place pineapple, lemon juice, lime juice, sugar and reserved pineapple juice in blender or food processor container. Cover; blend until smooth. Stir in cherries or marshmallow or chips, if desired. [/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Pour into two 1-quart freezer zipped bags. Store bags flat in freezer. Freeze about 1-1/2 hours or until slushy. [/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Stir gently pineapple slush into whipped cream until just blended, in large bowl. Return to freezer until completely frozen, about 1 hour. Serve.

The original Dole Whips are non Dairy and the mix can be bought commercially, but this is a decent substitute:

[/FONT] 3 Parts Pineapple Juice (no pulp)
1 Part Cool Whip
Beat until smooth and put in an ice cream maker. Follow manufacturers directions.

[/FONT]​

tigsmom

Disney Newbie said:
THANKS!!! :sohappy:

Do you have an opinion on which recipe is best?

I made the first one and it came out pretty good, but cut everything in half or you will be making them forever. :lol:

Tiki_Tiki_Tiki

ok i dont mean to be rude but its not Dole WhipS

no s just dole whip!!

i come from where it originated and i used to work at an ice cream parlor and its just plain dole whip

MissM

I tried the second recipe listed but it didn't really come out. Then again, I don't have an ice cream maker. It ended up being more of an italian ice then anything. Not a bad taste but...most assurdely not a Dole Whip. (A lot of work too to make it! :( )
-m

jmvd20

Tiki_Tiki_Tiki said:
ok i dont mean to be rude but its not Dole WhipS

no s just dole whip!!

i come from where it originated and i used to work at an ice cream parlor and its just plain dole whip

I love Dole Whips - they taste great :slurp:

Valawen9

Disney Newbie said:

Mmmmm :slurp:
I want one RIGHT NOW.

Woody13

MissM said:
I tried the second recipe listed but it didn't really come out. Then again, I don't have an ice cream maker. It ended up being more of an italian ice then anything. Not a bad taste but...most assurdely not a Dole Whip. (A lot of work too to make it! :( )
-m
For any of these recipes to work, you've got to whip it. Whip it good...:lookaroun

coasterphil

I hate to bring back an old thread, but how much milk do you put in the first recipe? My ice cream maker doesn't have a "fill line" so can someone guess about how much milk it is.

BRER STITCH

I can't help with your immediate question, but if I had a machine, I'd be checking out this place quite often!!!

Did you know that "DOLE WHIP" is available in delicious assorted
flavors: vanilla, chocolate, pineapple, strawberry, orange,
raspberry and mango.

With these mixes you simply add tap water and
pour into your ice cream machine!!!

Check out their site:

http://www.unifiedenterprisescorp.com/products2.html

ENJOY!!!!

:slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

tigsmom

coasterphil said:
I hate to bring back an old thread, but how much milk do you put in the first recipe? My ice cream maker doesn't have a "fill line" so can someone guess about how much milk it is.

The fill line on mine is almost to the top of the drum so try 3/4th full. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom