Seas, PI, and more! (Photo Update)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Okie dokie, my first trip to WDW in a few weeks. Let me upload pics and we'll be good to go..

Things to look forward to.. PI is a demolition zone, Seas has workers scurrying to rebuild walls, and Harpers Mill is spinning - it's a miracle!

So, here's the first pic (of many)

Seas delayed it's opening until 9:50, you could heard construction throughout the morning from hammering to hydrolic lifts moving about. When it opened, they were trying to finish putting the wall back in place that seperates the old ride bypass from the rest of the new seabase. Here's a photo of them working to get it done as the pavilion was letting the first guests in...

seas15gk.jpg

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
So.. another of them trying to put the wall back.. (thanks to photoshop for making it visible - the lighting in there sucks)

seas26ij.jpg

Over at PI, it's demolition land. This is right next to Rock and Roll Beach Club.

z15pz.jpg

Toward West Side from the bridge..

z24ln.jpg

And there used to be a stage and Jessica Rabbit here...

z32ky.jpg

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Back to the start of my trip...

The Mainstreet Athletic Club is closed.

z50xp.jpg

And the Jewelers has a funky faux fascade over an area, but is open.

10011746te.jpg

There are a few different sets of walls up in Adventureland, including across from Aloha Isle, which I assume mean they're adding the wooden elements to even more areas like they did before. Here's the main pirates wall..

10011760dw.jpg

And though the photo is fuzzy, Harpers Mill is indeed spinning it's wheel again - yay!

10011782wl.jpg

And now though I've covered my main topics ;) I'm not quite done, just a few more posts.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Wow. PI looks like someone took a bomb to it. Why not just knock the whole thing down and start over again...thats pretty much what it looks like anyways...:lol: :lookaroun

hokielutz

Great job so far

Thanks for the updated photos of the construction projects going on! I look forward to the rest of the photos you will post.

With all of the construction at PI, I fear my nights there in late May are not going to be too fun...

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Ahh! The line for Turtle Talk, in a non-busy Epcot, two mins after the first showing let out (which I was luckey to be in).

10011954pk.jpg

Nemo-fied duty roster..

10011940gm.jpg

And look! Segway Central in Innoventions West is open!

10012003bd.jpg

Incase you wanted to know...

10012024aw.jpg

And i'm sooo sure people wanting burgers at Liberty Inn will appreciate the alternatives...

10012182yd.jpg

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Over at STOLport, there's these pontoon boat/barge-lookin things, and LOTS of them...

boats12hx.jpg

Also, the trees in the area have been trimmed of all their lower branches, me thinks so equipment can get in there and take them down.

The DVC kiosk at Epcot is behind walls...

10012030ek.jpg

A purty picture..

10012096az.jpg

And a large angry metal horse..

10012081my.jpg

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
This is the end of the line.. nothing else seems terribly interesting or important. So, here's Soarin' for adults...

10012399wp.jpg

And for kids...

10012417bl.jpg

Hope you enjoyed it, I know I did.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
kcnole said:
boats12hx.jpg

These are apparently the PoTC boats getting refurbed.

I thought that too - but they're more pontoony than POTC boats were. Wish i had gotten a better pic, but the monorail is quick :( I could be wrong, but they didn't look like ride boats on my return trip to Epcot.

landauh

RickEff said:
Shouldn't that have been, "Hear Ye?"

No, "Here Ye" is correct. The meaning of the barkers was to get your attention and wanted you to look, or come over "here" because I have something I want to "show" or "tell" you.

SewIn2Disney

Is Segway central where the Disney Dance Dance Revolution was? If so, did the close/move DDR someplace else? That's one of my favorite things to do in there! But, I'm glad they have a bigger/better demo area for the Segways....they are awesome!

goofntink

Check out todays thread on pirate wall and boats. Those are the boats from pirates. they are there to get a major refurb. How do I know you ask? Cause I tried to see if I could get one:cry:
In other words no new boats for pirates.

RickEff

landauh said:
No, "Here Ye" is correct. The meaning of the barkers was to get your attention and wanted you to look, or come over "here" because I have something I want to "show" or "tell" you.

Thanks for that. I love the history of phrases. I'd just always assumed it was a call to pay attention as in, "you hear me."

Google is certainly no help on this one.:lol:

SewIn2Disney

mousermerf said:
This is the end of the line.. nothing else seems terribly interesting or important. So, here's Soarin' for adults...

10012399wp.jpg

And for kids...

10012417bl.jpg

Hope you enjoyed it, I know I did.
YES!!! FINALLY! It's been almost a year (in two days!) since Soarin opened, and I can't seem to find any merchandice other then a pin for that ride!

Thanks for the awesome update! You made my day with the shirt!

Can I ask you a favor? Since your in the World a lot, could you tell me if you happened to see any gold mouse ears for the Potato Heads at any of the PH kiosks? They were out when I went in Jan, and I want to know if I should get my hopes up for my next trip in 26 days.
Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom