For those of us with a 1yr + wait...

JMishy

Original Poster
...how do we keep from going crazy??? :hammer: :brick: :cry:

We're currently pregnant with #3 and have some debt we'd like to pay off, so we won't be going for another two years or so!! I'm so depressed and it's not just the pregnancy hormones. How do y'all pass the time?

Jodi's Dad

I dont know what I am going to do. Wife says she is "Disneyed out" and we got to wait tell the twins are 5 they are turning 1 in a week. My 7 year old and I having said we are going to take a weekend trip alone in Dec. I dont know how that is going to fly over.

mickhyperion

JMishy,

Sadly, this is where all the photos and video you may have taken on your trip will have to get you by for a while, along with your visits here.

Shooting video on a trip can be a pain in the butt, but I force myself to do it because it's invaluable to be able to watch it during the times when I can't get to the parks. The more pictures and video (and don't forget Disney music!) the better, just to ease the withdrawals.

One video trick I like to do while I'm visiting is to pick a favorite scenic spot (sometimes just sitting on a bench somewhere), set the camera on a railing or trash can as a makeshift tripod, and just let it go sitting stationary and quiet for about 10 min or so. Later, when I'm home, I can take that piece of footage and make it into a movie clip or chapter on a dvd, then hit repeat and let it play over and over. Kind of like an ambient window looking at parts of WDW as if I'm watching a full screen webcam. Similiar to those silly videotapes people play at Christmas of a fireplace so they can pretend they have one.

Hope that gives you some ideas! :)

Scooter

JMishy said:

We're currently pregnant with #3 and have some debt we'd like to pay off, so we won't be going for another two years or so!! I'm so depressed and it's not just the pregnancy hormones. How do y'all pass the time?

Let's see...you're 29, and pregnant with your 3rd child?

We pretty much know how YOU pass the time.;) :p :lol:

No...seriously...we buy Disney trivia books, watch Disney Home movies, and Listen to Live 365 Disney internet radio to keep in touch with our Disney side when we can't actually go to the parks.

We also keep a countdown calender when we get within a year of our Disney vacations.

We order a Disney Planning video every year and watch it over and over.
It's like Christmas morning when it arrives in the mail.:sohappy:

Merlin

Account Suspended
JMishy said:

For starters, don't put too much stock in the handful of reviews touting Everest to be such a spectacular mind blowing experience. You'll be left thinking that you're somehow missing out on something really incredible and that will no doubt make the waiting and anticipation all the more agonizing.

JMishy

Original Poster
Scooter said:
Let's see...you're 29, and pregnant with your 3rd child?

We pretty much know how YOU pass the time.;) :p :lol:

LOL I blame it on the Disney honeymoon. I guess the "magic" continued for the next five years and four pregnancies. ;) :lol:

kodiac5bears said:
I too am a Mom of 3 kids... I am here to tell you... "IT'S TOO LATE"!! You already are crazy!! tee hee!!

So true!!! It's good to see that someone else is just as crazy as me! ;)

Seriously though...sometimes I think the solution is to get away from the forums since I get so terribly homesick for WDW and am positively green with envy seeing those "I'm going to WDW tomorrow for 10 days!!!!". But, then, I try to stay away and don't last very long. :lol: Oh well, at least I'm in good company. ;)

Thanks for the cheering up and helpful replies!

kodiak5bears

I know that waiting is not easy... (ESPECIALLY for me!!)

A couple of months ago I started a scrapbook from last years trip including pictures, tickets, fastpasses, and souveniers to pass time till this years trip. OK, so I only did about 4 pages before thinking :eek: "I should just WAIT and do this with THIS years stuff"!! So I quit. :D

This past weekend I let my kids make a "chain" out of construction paper. One link for every day till you leave. The kids love it!!

IS there REALLY any way of making time fly till your next trip?? Probably not!

P.S. I know you don't want to hear this, but... I leave in 10 days FOR 10 whole days in WDW!! This last 10 days is KILLING me!!

MR. DISNEY

We make a Disney theme night. For Valentines Day I made dinner for mw wife and 5-year-old little girl. I made t-shirts with the DVC logo from the computer, and Hot dogs just like Casey’s (We start and end every vacation at Casey’s) than we ate in the living room watching a tape of the parade from Magic Kingdom from years ago. It was great and they loved it. It was just fun in February.

Nemo14

Do you have a local Disney store? I know it helped me when my kids were little to just visit for a little of the Magic!
Also, if any of the Disney on Ice shows are touring your way, it's a great way to immerse yourself in the magic. :D

mom2boysiadore

I know how you feel. I really want to go back again. But we too have to pay off debts and get our bathroom totally redone. I hope to go back next year, unless we hit the lottery. Just look at old pictures and watch disney movies

72,74,76,78,80,84,91 as a kid.

Honeymoon in 94, 2000,2004 Las Vegas 2005

lebeau

I have noticed that a lot of people on these boards can't relate to those of us who don't get to go every year or even every other year. It's tough to constantly see poepl who are struggling through a wait that can be counted in weeks or even months when your next trip is so far off in the distance.

Personally, I run hot and cold. Sometimes, I won't do anything Disney related for a while. Then, I'll hit the forums hard, watch vidoes, listen to music, etc. My brother recently went on a trip and I spent my spare time putting toghether a travel guide for him. I look forward to seeing his pictures next time we get together. Basically, I went on the trip vicariously.

The good news is the wait should make the trip that much sweeter when you get to take it.

William Marsden

I have a long wait too. I pass the time by singing Disney attraction songs like "Imagination", "Golden Dreams" and "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" (probably not "Small World". I'm crazy but I'm not NUTS!:lol: ). Sometimes I think about all the stuff that will be new when I get there. Not only have I not rode EE yet, I haven't experienced Missions Space or Mickey's Philharmagic (we rode "Soarin" at California Adventure). By the time I go they'll have the new "Finding Nemo" show at AK and maybe the "Monsters Inc" ride will be operating. I read a rumor on this website that Disney may be doing a "Incredibles" ride. So I like to think about all the new stuff I haven't seen yet and how great it's gonna be.
I think the most important thing to do is use your imagination. After all, that's kind of what Disney is all about. Now this may sound really wierd but I'll tell anyway. I'm the company pianist for a ballet troupe. Everyday I have to play for company class. It's an hour and a half and sometimes it's really boring. I've already planned our itinerary. Sometimes to get through class by spending five minutes in my mind on an attraction. So from 9:15 to 9:20 a.m., I ride Space Mountain in my mind. Then from 9:20 to 9:25 I move onto Buzz Lightyear. By the time 10:45 roles around, I've gone on 18 attractions in my head. The next day, I might go to Epcot, then MGM or AK after that. Okay, my secrets out. Does this sound really crazy? Sometimes my wife thinks I need to be commited.

aeillill

You should have a disney movie-a-thon. I don't mean to watch all the movies in one night but just start at Snow White up til this last one Home on the Range. Most of the movies are still available so there shouldn't be that many movies you'd have to miss. This idea takes a while to go through believe me, I started a while ago and am currently stuck somewhere near Fantasia.

shoppingnut

Jodi's Dad said:
I dont know what I am going to do. Wife says she is "Disneyed out" and we got to wait tell the twins are 5 they are turning 1 in a week. My 7 year old and I having said we are going to take a weekend trip alone in Dec. I dont know how that is going to fly over.

Actually taking the 7 yr old by yourself would not be such a crazy idea. It would be quality one on one time with dad. It would be something special just for him/her, since I'm sure since the twins arrived everything has been about them.

DisneyFanLS

Aside from living vicariously through folks on these boards (who are going sooner than I am), I listen to the Disney internet radio stations on Radio365 (like Park Hopper radio or Mouseworld radio), and playing all my CD's (like Fantasmic soundtrack, or Illuminations soundtrack or my WEALTH of other park CD's), and PLAN our next trip!!! We haven't been since September of 2004, so it HAS been a while for us as well!! But we go back this November !! WOO HOO!!! :sohappy: :D I DEFINITELY feel your PAIN!!!!:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom