The Inferno Barge is back!

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Original Poster
Don D's Inferno Barge returned to IllumiNations tonight, as scheduled. I didn't get to see it in action directly, but there was no mistaking that orange glow in the sky. :)

brkgnews

Excellent -- very glad to hear this. Granted, the guys did a wonderful job using other effects to fill in, but the show just wasn't the same without the inferno barge. And the flame is an essential element to the story that Illuminations tells, as it serves as a very important part of the Big Bang/chaos section of the story.

(If this storyline is new to you, go here... http://www.intercot.com/edc/IllumiNations/illumi2000.html )

imamouse

This is GREAT news! My sons and I really missed this critical show element this past Christmas. Thanks for posting :wave:

Figments Friend

AWESOME news!!!

Thank you so much for the update!

I am planning on visiting again soon and was hoping the Barge would be back. I was very lucky last time i was there, as a week afterwards the Barge was out of the show!

I don't think i even want to imagine what ROE would be like without the fire element...EEK!!

I'm so happy to hear it's back! YAY!!

Now....if we can only get Dreamfinder back like this....LOL..:drevil:

CrashNet

I doubt you were looking for them, but I was curious if they got rid of the extra laser effects they had added to replace the barge while it was out of the show or if they just left them?

Oh, and I'm sure this is a given, but did the return of the barge bring back the return of the ALF system?

celestia

Just got back. Watched them bring it out through the drawbridge and set it up, it was looking good. During the show it was actually a little frightening- much more intense than I remember, and the flame did not go out entirely until nearly halfway through the show. I know the person I was with will post more info and photos laterish.

<3

celestia

1stStarIC2nite said:
Good news! Was there any kind of applause when the barge ignited? I know I would have...

I aplauded it. :)
Even contemplated making a 'welcome back inferno barge' kidkot mask ;)

peter11435

These were just taken tonight.

in1.JPG

in2.JPG

in3.JPG

Epcot82Guy

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

all I got to say! Thanks for the information guys!

ICP06

Good lord...

I dont ever remember there being THAT big of a fireball...

Gorsh!

And again, if anyone knows if the replacement effects will be staying now that ol' bargey is back, please let us all know!!!

ICP06

elle72688

Yea :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Thanks for the update and Peter those pictures are fabulous...I really missed that orange glow on my last trip.

DigitalDisney

Aww man =(

I was just there on Sunday and the inferno barge was still gone.

At least it's back in business. It's probably my favorite part of the show.

brkgnews

Holy dilly dilly. Did they actually crank up the effect hwile they were in there? It looks much more impressive in that first pic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom