Question for all you so called "purists"......

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
shoppingnut said:
Maybe it will be opened "seasonally."
No I am pretty sure that means it will be removed. When I was talking to the bus driver on my way back to my resort (I was staying at AKL to it was like an 3 hour long ride) the bus driver said when something was removed from the map that was a secret clue to the cast members working at that particular attraction to try and get a transfer. Why would a bus driver lie?

CoffeeJedi

HEY GUYS!!!! I think that Indy Jonnes Temple Adventure of the Forbidden Bulb will replace the bulb next week!! Well i guess we cant know for sure so lets wait and see!!!!!!!!!
-Jay

shoppingnut

Master Yoda said:
No I am pretty sure that means it will be removed. When I was talking to the bus driver on my way back to my resort (I was staying at AKL to it was like an 3 hour long ride) the bus driver said when something was removed from the map that was a secret clue to the cast members working at that particular attraction to try and get a transfer. Why would a bus driver lie?

But the Disney website says so, hmmmm.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
CoffeeJedi said:
HEY GUYS!!!! I think that Indy Jonnes Temple Adventure of the Forbidden Bulb will replace the bulb next week!! Well i guess we cant know for sure so lets wait and see!!!!!!!!!
-Jay
Why won't you tell me when the Indy Jones Temple Adventure of the Forbidden Bulb is going to replace the other bulb?

CoffeeJedi

Don't worry, Bob Eiger will soon ride in on a magical unicorn sprinkling fairy dust all about and replace the bulb with a brand new super-enhanced one that keeps the spirit of the original!

Matt Ouimet has said that he's committed to upping the refurb budget on the DL original lightbulb, and its here to stay, despite what Harris and Pressler tried to do to it.

barnum42

But the worst part of it is - the shop attached to the bulb sells only Pooh and Stitch merchandise (plus some princess outfits). NOTHING related to electrical light emanating devices. I'm fed up with every shop being swamped with Pooh and Stitch.

Horizons1

If only parents could read the warning signs that the old lightbulb was too intense for young children! :mad: Now, we have this lousy replacement lightbulb, its basically a kiddie version of the old lightbulb, but it still scares little kids! Only thing good about it is the wattage, it doesnt even have good story!

I hope Marni will make a tribute video for the old bulb..:( :cry:

:p :p

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I'm going to report the whole bunch of you to Steve. This is no place for a lightbulb discussion, and the personal attacks are unnecessary :rolleyes: :lol:

Pongo

I went to see the light bulb yesterday and it broke down while I was looking at it. It really needs an IASW-style rehab.

What was it called before IASW was rehabbed? :lookaroun

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Horizons1 said:
If only parents could read the warning signs that the old lightbulb was too intense for young children! :mad: Now, we have this lousy replacement lightbulb, its basically a kiddie version of the old lightbulb, but it still scares little kids! Only thing good about it is the wattage, it doesnt even have good story!

I hope Marni will make a tribute video for the old bulb..:( :cry:

:p :p

It used to be that the old bulbs were enjoyed by everyone...the way Walt wanted it. Now this new bulb is causing many family members to wait out on the lawn while the few thrill seekers see it. What happened to family lighting? :mad:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
ClemsonTigger said:
I'm going to report the whole bunch of you to Steve. This is no place for a lightbulb discussion, and the personal attacks are unnecessary :rolleyes: :lol:
What facts do you have to back that up? Please show me where I attacked you. Just because you don't like my opinion doesn't mean I am attacking you. If you don't like the way I post then add me to your ignore list!

CoffeeJedi

The rumor from the Mouse House is currently that lightbulb #2467-A1 will soon go down for "extensive refurbishment" and is scheduled to be turned on again next spring. The real scuttlebut though is that Imagineers were reportedly seen doing luminosity tests with a light meter last Thursday. My seekrit inside sources tell me that the entire fixture will be removed to make way for a "Cars" themed laser projector.

Why for? Well, it seems Joe Rhode made mention of the bulb to Eiger who was disappointed that the current bulb had no synergistic opportunities. The plan to put a "Cars" themed gift shop in that space is now fully underway with the new light acting as a "weenie" to draw in shoppers. Unfortunately, word around the big D is that this Pixar film isn't looking too hot, and Eiger is now worried about spending the money on a laser projector for a box office bomb. As it stands now, the lightbulb will be removed with no current replacement scheduled.

Keep checking back here for up to the minute reports of this classic lighting fixture.
-Jim Hill
Please go to my Amazon site and spend alot of money, thanks!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Master Yoda said:
What facts do you have to back that up? Please show me where I attacked you. Just because you don't like my opinion doesn't mean I am attacking you. If you don't like the way I post then add me to your ignore list!

You don't read, the facts are there over two full pages. You have been making these lightbulb kind of comments all over the boards lately. You think you are the only one with insider knowledge and think you can act like a moderator.

Grow up you dim bulb :zipit:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom